Old 05-29-2008   #1
cyril
Look, I'm strokin' my weiner

cyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished road
A weird glitch

I was driving in Broker; Dukes Expressway - Hove beach when I saw some cars driving in a certain way that was really weird, I thought at first it was maybe one or two cars, but it turns out to be a glitch in the game.

I took a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etz04PuZj0M
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #2
Jose
Custom User Title

Jose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura about
I got the first view.
It seems like they're trying to avoid some invisible type of car.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #3
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
it looks like the cars are avoiding something, probably something beneath them
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #4
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
[Topic moved to Troubleshooting & Technology]

This isn't a bug. That is an offramp to the freeway. Many roads in LC, much like NYC, go one way.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #5
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
He means that the cars make an unnecesary manouver.
Not that it's one way traffic.
Anyway I wouldn't have noticed as I would be racing through it
Old 05-30-2008   #6
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Its just the AI trying to dodge him and his car, not a bug or glitch. Run on the freeway against traffic and NPCs will try to dodge you.
Old 05-30-2008   #7
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
Its just the AI trying to dodge him and his car, not a bug or glitch. Run on the freeway against traffic and NPCs will try to dodge you.
Did you watch the video?

Say this line (|) is Niko, and --- is the road:

|--------****------

Cars manouver at *, showing that while they are avoiding something, they're passing Niko and his car, and then dodging.

Sorry if I came off as offensive, I'm a good guy, really
Old 05-30-2008   #8
iKlipse

It is the AI dodging his vehicle, not a bug. If he moves the car further down the ramp, the exact same thing will happen. If he moves the car on to the freeway, it will happen. The AI has been coded to dodge objects in its path. Delayed reactions are also coded, I have witnessed it many times.
Old 05-30-2008   #9
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
It is the AI dodging his vehicle, not a bug. If he moves the car further down the ramp, the exact same thing will happen. If he moves the car on to the freeway, it will happen. The AI has been coded to dodge objects in its path. Delayed reactions are also coded, I have witnessed it many times.
No I think you're wrong. Clearly, his car is parked quite a while away from the cars, they all get to a certain point and dodge left or right as if there was a person or car there. Niko is not near them, neither is his car. I think it is a glitch.
Old 05-30-2008   #10
cyril
Look, I'm strokin' my weiner

cyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished road
This has nothing to do with the car,
I tried it without any car contact, still the same result.
+ the car was parked quite far.
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #11
arslanz1

arslanz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Drunk peoples! just kidding. 100% glitch
arslanz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #12
ElephantGuts
Fleet Admiral of my own life

ElephantGuts is on a distinguished roadElephantGuts is on a distinguished road
yeah im thinking your car was triggering it, apparently they all have delayed reflexes. those people shouldnt be driving