Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Okay See
GameDaily: Why We Stopped Playing GTA IV
Here's a basic rundown of why GameDaily, who tried to be controversial but failed, quit playing GTA IV:
1. Hanging out with people blows
2. Our games still freeze
3. Brain dead police
4. GTA IV's controls aren't reliable
5. Same dry missions
6. Strippers wear bikinis
7. You restart missions at the beginning
8. Achievement points are too difficult to unlock
And my answers:
1) Sure it gets old after a while, but if you do it enough then you'll get those damn achievement points you're crying about.
2) Really? Mine doesn't, I take it you didn't download and install the patch? Oh, and my 360 version only froze once, hasn't since the first day. Nice try.
3) Ever get a wanted level over 4*? Try that first, it might give the challenge you were looking for.
4) The controls are improved, you're right about that. So why are you bitching. The controls are about as good as they're going to be considering the multiple options for each button. Live with it.
5) Yeah, yeah. Just complete them and move on. You'll be done with the game soon anyway.
6) Yes, Hot Coffee is what kept strippers from being totally nude. Even so, this game needed to be suited to get the M rating. The game was already "too sexual" for Australia, hence why it needed to be "cut". There is now an "uncut" version in the region for sale, but that doesn't count out the fact that if GTA IV was rated AO, it'd be like SA all over again. Then the stores would refrain from selling the game, and Rockstar would be embarrased and would lose tons of money. All that over some digital tits? Go to a real strip club, they're better anyway.
7) Yeah, if you reload your game. In many muti-part missions, there is "checkpoints" that can be used once failing a mission and restarting via cell phone. You will be starting again sometime during the middle of a mission, instead of from the beginning. But why are you complaining about this anyway, the missions in the game are so easy a 5-year-old could beat them.
8)No, that's just you again sucking at the game. Be creative, cause a big wreck, hold up traffic, and take a rocket launcher out and blow everything up around you. There you go, achievement unlocked. It's called having a brain, something you wouldn't know anything about by the sound of things.
lol @ GD. They do this stuff all the time, my question is why. It doesn't make them cool or anything.
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."
Join Date: Oct 2006
TBH, I can agree with them that the missions are too easy, hopefully some tougher ones will arrive with the DLC.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United Kingdom.
You're right, they're trying to be controversial. And they failed miserably. What a bunch of idiots. Does anyone care? Just don't play it.
Join Date: May 2007
I don't get why people get so annoyed when a CRITICS decide to CRITICISE something. It's their job to do such. Agree with it or don't, but once you get offended by it and defend every point, they've succeeded in their aim of being controversial. This thread pretty much is what they want as reaction. So good on them.
late on the feels
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunderland, UK
I didn't realise the game community needed a team like GD to tell them why they shouldn't like a game. They're preaching to the converted. And even moreso failing at creating a stir. They should go back to picking individual gamers and calling their mom, that way they'll get some retaliation, even then I doubt it.
I'll stick to enjoying the game kthnx.
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Okay See
Join Date: Dec 2007
1) It really DOES blow. I hardly use their unlockables anyway.
2) Never froze for me but I understand people get annoyed when it freezes for them. So don't bash them because yours didn't freeze.
3) Well up to 4 stars they are pretty easy to get away from. But I wouldn't call it brain dead police either.
4) As a PS3 user I prefer the old controls (Although I play with the new ones to get the hang of it).
5) I agree with this. The missions get repetive.
6) This was obviously just an attempt to be funny.
7) Well just retry, take cab to destination and do your shit again without dieing this time.
8) No clue since I'm a PS3 user
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Land Down-Under
@phreak: Why we stoped playing GTA IV? What the heck?
Good answears by the way to the statements by the way!
Join Date: May 2008
i agree this game sucks big cock ... how many times do u have to chase something in a mission... that shit is fucking gay.. this game is overrated
Every Time Zone
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Palm City, FL
They dont name the game "GRAND THEFT AUTO" for shit's and giggle's.
The whole purpose of the game is to run and gun your enemies.
Sometimes, i really do wonder about this generation.
Join Date: Apr 2004
I think I was blinded by optimism, because GTA IV is honestly pretty boring after ten minutes of creating random mayhem. I was going to restart and do the story mode again, because I felt like I wanted to take it in again a little better. Unfortunately, I lost interest immediately after.
Shame games are turning more into movies than games. I mean the car chases would have been amazing if you and the person you're chasing were all over the road; as opposed to them driving nearly godlike and the cars swerving away from them go in your direction or those pre-scripted, large vehicles driving into your path (the same ones that you more than likely never see in such areas very often). It's not that they make it so you fail to chase them, just that it's tedious and even more boring than if cars never spawned during chases at all. The fact that I've seen the AI plow through vehicles (SUV vs. Patriot, for example) like they were air is ridiculous.
Cover system blows. When it comes to shooting anyone, I want it to end already. Manual aim feels like a donkey is shoving his dick in your face in non-rhythmic slaps as you struggle to aim steadily, unlike other games. Automatic aim feels cheap and has a large tendency to lock-on to enemies over 90 degrees in either direction.
I hope Rockstar North takes something from other games, namely Halo 3's auto-aim system. Very minor, but in practice works great. My only complaint ever is that I wish sniper rifles weren't included, but it's only a minor drawback to an otherwise nearly flawless system and should be imitated.
Still, at least it's not San Andreas.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|