Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: how do you feel
I feel the same way. I can only play IV now. 24 41.38%
I can still play previous games with no difficulty and still have fun. 23 39.66%
I can play previous games but it does feel weird. 11 18.97%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2008   #16
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_zoo View Post
Yeah I agree, I find it very hard to lay previous GTA games, I am always thinking of GTA IV when I play other GTA games,
haha yea, i fired up VC for the first time since 2005 and played about 5 minutes then was bored... all the roads piss me off lol all jank and curved/bumpy...

the whole time iw as htinking man i wish my car would slide and lean when it turns... also i rearended someone and the rear bumper fell off.....
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #17
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
I decided to pick up SA and play with it for a while. I still enjoy it. I don't know why I think I still like SA more. I think it is the variety in everything. There are some things you can't really do in IV because of the physics, like riding on top of a train or car. No cool planes etc.
Old 05-27-2008   #18
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-reS View Post
I decided to pick up SA and play with it for a while. I still enjoy it. I don't know why I think I still like SA more. I think it is the variety in everything. There are some things you can't really do in IV because of the physics, like riding on top of a train or car. No cool planes etc.
i coulda sworn you can ride on top of cars...

i think the graphics and physics make up for the lack of stuff IMO.

planes, ehh id maybe want a small cessna (AKA dodo) or soemhting but no huge ones or stunt planes or anything just something simple that i can fly around with...
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #19
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by comics22 View Post
i coulda sworn you can ride on top of cars...
Nope, Niko just falls over and off
Old 05-27-2008   #20
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I haven't played any GTA IV predecessors since its release, I haven't even gone a day without playing at least a little GTA IV since its release (although I've yet to today actually). I'm sure it's going to be very weird once I do pick up Vice City or something again..
Old 05-27-2008   #21
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
The phyics and the driving in this game will ruin any experience for the gtas previous, All I ever wanted was ragdoll physics and I finally got them and running people down will never be the same on the other games. I recently got to try Saints Row and I just want to say wow the driving in that game is soo terrible lol.
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #22
GTA-LCS
Newbie Member

GTA-LCS is an unknown quantity at this point
As previously stated, the overall awesomeness of GTA IV makes it near-impossible to go back to playing its predecessors. It takes the cake when it comes down to the physics, the graphics, level of detail put into everything. Yes, the other games were classics, but you can't beat perfection.
Old 05-28-2008   #23
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Waiting for the Triple Pack to drop in price a bit, but would still play them.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #24
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by comics22
i think the graphics and physics make up for the lack of stuff IMO.
The Graphics weren't a big issue when it came to playing SA on PC. They wasn't as big of a jump as I thought. It seems like IV has just more stuff, and higher texture res.
Old 05-28-2008   #25
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-reS View Post
The Graphics weren't a big issue when it came to playing SA on PC. They wasn't as big of a jump as I thought. It seems like IV has just more stuff, and higher texture res.
And better shading. And better lighting. More vivid coloring. Wildly improved water. The list goes on. It wasn't just a small leap. GTA IV's graphics are incredibly improved from San Andreas. Sure we might be spoiled by games like Bioshock and Crysis and MGS4, but GTA IV's graphics are about as good as can be considering the type of game it is and how much is going on. I think The Getaway 3 will have some nice graphics if it ever comes around, but until then GTA IV has the best for a sandbox.
Old 05-28-2008   #26
pitchshifter_psi
Hey Snake, there are lasers there.

pitchshifter_psi is infamous around these partspitchshifter_psi is infamous around these partspitchshifter_psi is infamous around these parts
tbh.. i didnt really want to play the old ones again.. but my friend and i had our psp's in college the other day and we both had LCS in our psp's. so we decided 2 have a MP match.. even tho i have been playing GTA IV online i still had a lot of fun on LCS MP.. so i think there is probably life still in the old ones... even if they dont look as sexy as IV, they r still amazing games in all fairness.