Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: how do you feel
I feel the same way. I can only play IV now. 24 41.38%
I can still play previous games with no difficulty and still have fun. 23 39.66%
I can play previous games but it does feel weird. 11 18.97%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2008   #1
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I can't play previous GTAs anymore.

I just can't. I'm so used to this game, that when I play GTA III,GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA LCS, and GTA VCS, I don't enjoy them at all. It's so weird. The cars don't feel different like they do in IV, and running over peds isn't as fun anymore. It feels so different, I had to put VC down after about 10 minutes of playing and go back to playing IV.

Anybody else feel this way?

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #2
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I agree, but I haven't played another GTA since I started IV, just knowing that there's no cool physics and that all the cars have virtually the same handling. On that note, I doubt I could play Saints Row again, either.
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #3
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Same, old GTA's look like boring Nintendo Gameboy titles.
Old 05-26-2008   #4
phreak
wsup den

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
It hasn't even crossed my mind to play one of the old GTAs again. I'll be the first to say that Vice City was my all-time favorite game, but IV is just so modern with its graphics/physics and all that I doubt I can look at VC or any of the other GTAs the same. Plus I doubt I'll ever touch SR again either. SR2, I might rent it if there's nothing else out, and if that game doesn't grab my attention within 10 minutes I'd take it back
phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #5
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I wanted to see why some people think that the GTA III series is better than GTA IV which is why I tried out VC - arguably the best game of the III series.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #6
Retromoe
Resident Superstar
Amateur Member

Retromoe is on a distinguished roadRetromoe is on a distinguished road
I still prefer my vice city, eh iv i'd play once in a while but im still hooked to the oldies..i think i might even go start VC over haha.
Retromoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #7
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
VC was good, but I liked SA a whole lot more. After playing SA, it was very hard to try and get myself back into VC again.

Same with IV. It feels really strange to play SA-MP now.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #8
Chelsey

Chelsey is on a distinguished roadChelsey is on a distinguished road
I agree it is really hard to go back. I remember when I was playing SA (when it was new) and tried going back to VC , I had totally forgotten about not being able to swim. I haven't tried to go back to SA since getting IV but I know I'd miss all of the new awesomeness, the bloody cars,being able to smash your car up to the point of it not being able to start, the peds and being able to push them down the stairs or that you're able to step on them to keep them from getting up when you get them on the ground. Its beautiful.
Chelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #9
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
hell im still playing SAMP and in a few months im gonna finish VC again
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #10
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
I haven't thought about going back to play the old GTA's because I'm alright with my PS3 and games atm. but when I want to play the old GTA's, I think that I'll still find them enjoyable.
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #11
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
I can play past GTAs, but I don't as it seems like too much of a waste of time for me. GTA IV's just too awesome.
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #12
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holster View Post
I haven't thought about going back to play the old GTA's because I'm alright with my PS3 and games atm. but when I want to play the old GTA's, I think that I'll still find them enjoyable.
Same here, I have loaded up SA when I take a rest from IV its all good to me.
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #13
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
I finished the GTA IV storyline again so I went and played VC for a couple of hours and had great fun.
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008   #14
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
man i havent touched VC in years, it was good no doubt but seems like far to many people have put it up on a pedistal...

ive played GTA3 recently because i dont accually own gta4 at the moment and it amazingly works on my laptop somehow lol...

but SA and even MTAM ill be a tad excited about it while its loading but after about 10 minutes its boring again... ive made a few real life handiling mods to some of the cars but even still it sucks...

i just love how well the cars handle, get damaged, and the tires blow out. also how smart the cops are, makes it a fun more realistic challenge
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008   #15
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Yeah I agree, I find it very hard to play previous GTA games, I am always thinking of GTA IV when I play other GTA games,

Last edited by Johnny-Z; 10-02-2008 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: lay? O_o
Johnny-Z is offline   Reply With Quote