Old 05-20-2008   #1
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
Ruff Rider *Spoilers*

This is the first mission for Dwayne. If you don't know who that is, mentioning his name isn't going to provide any spoilers.

That said, this mission is frustrating the hell out of me. I've never been good with this type of mission, and this one is no exception. It seems no matter what I do I just can't seem to get it done. Does anyone have any advice?

Last edited by ZCAB; 05-21-2008 at 04:08 AM..
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
If you're able to, hop into a car and go run over the guy on the bike. I really hate motorcycle drive-by's, too. But, if you get into a nice speedy car and run into him, he'll obviously be off the bike and therefore much easier to kill.

Now, just as a little disclaimer - I'm not sure if the mission allows you to do this It might be scripted to only let you use that bike. If so, you just have to get the aiming system down pat and make sure you aim for his head evertime you shoot so that you do more damage.
Old 05-20-2008   #3
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
The problem is getting a vehicle quick enough. Even by the time you get on that bike the target is a block away.
Old 05-20-2008   #4
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
This mission was easy for me because once i caught up to him on the bike he rear ended a van and flew off so i ran him down. I guess i got lucky.
truekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #5
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

My first attempt someone jacked my car and drove off in it, so I had to jack the first vehicle I could find (I didn't see the bike the first time). It was a taxi. I could maintain the distance I had on him but the cab was too slow to catch up.

The second attempt I took the bike. I headed down the road, a minivan came across too fast for me to stop and I hit it--and he got away.

The third attempt I took the bike, then it started raining. I made a couple turns, then lost control and ditched on the sidewalk. He got away.

The fourth attempt I took a Comet and parked it next to the bike they spawn for this. As soon as I pulled out I hit a cop. Wanted level. He got away. I got busted.

Fifth attempt, it was daylight. Got on the bike, headed out, got stuck in traffic, he got away.

I just can't get past that mission, no matter what I do.
Old 05-20-2008   #6
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
As soon as you walk up to him and he gets on the bike, get on the other bike. If you can shoot any of his tires, it'll greatly affect his turning. He should crash, and when he does; kill him.

If the tires don't pop, which unfortunately does seem to happen in a few chases, just shoot at him whenever you're on a relatively straight road and concentrate more on handling your bike in traffic.

I got the mission on my second try. Didn't see the bike supplied for you until it was too late.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #7
Flip
Hi.

Flip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enough
You guys really find this one difficult? Passed it the first time tbh

Anyway, yeah, do as above posters said. I don't exactly remember what I did, but I think I popped his rear tire on a straight road which caused him to crash. Guess I was lucky too.

Also (maybe you already know this but whatever):
If you let Cherise live (or whatever her name is, I mean Dwayne's ex-girlfriend), you'll be able to do one (or maybe more) missions for her later. She'll appear as a random character near the Cluckin' Bell in north Algonquin (which is not accessible nor shown on the map...)
Old 05-20-2008   #8
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

Yeah, I knew that about her. Generally I don't have the time to deal with her and just take off.
Old 05-20-2008   #9
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
To start with, concentrate on your driving and just follow him. Sometimes he actually drives around a block completely so using down on the d-pad to zoom out the mini map, keep an eye on his direction. When you're on a straighter road or if there's less traffic use that chance to catch up.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #10
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
well i dont kill the cherise and there is a bike like right there if u turn around and u just hop on it and just start blasting tell he dies or he falls off then finish him

i never really had a problem with this mission so i cant really help on what u have been doing bad on
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #11
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

I finally did it--I got lucky. He rear-ended someone and fell off--so I caught up to him and ran him over.