Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Off Topic & Unrelated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012   #2221
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of

Got this cool Sonic the Hedgehog t-shirt at Eurogamer Expo
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #2222
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Haha that's really cool. How was the expo? Get to see/play anything cool?

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #2223
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Neil you crank, you were at the Expo and you didn't bother to find me or Vanessa??
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #2224
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
I was at the Expo! I don't know who Vanessa is.

I was disappointed at how long a lot of the queues were and I didn't want to wait over an hour to play Wii U so I skipped it. Best game there was probably PlayStation All-Stars - it really was great. F1 Race Stars was also good, and GRID 2 was as good as I had hoped it would be.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #2225
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Good to hear that All Stars is good. Not something I was expecting to hear from you. But the general consensus from people in the beta seems to be that it's pretty damn good and has really smooth online play.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 10-01-2012   #2226
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
I went to it last year and about 70% of the floor was taken up by areas and queues for Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3, I missed this year's and it sounds like it had a lot to it, plus hatfilms, the yogscast, and nerdcubed were there which i'm gutted I missed, hopefully i'll be able to go next year.
Old 10-01-2012   #2227
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
I went to it last year and about 70% of the floor was taken up by areas and queues for Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3, I missed this year's and it sounds like it had a lot to it, plus hatfilms, the yogscast, and nerdcubed were there which i'm gutted I missed, hopefully i'll be able to go next year.
COD BLOPS 2 had it's own section this year, and was always packed, but nice enough to keep it away from the rest of the other stuff. Medal of Honor was a lot smaller this time! Queues were the worst for AC3, Far Cry 3, Metal Gear Rising and Hitman/Tomb Raider/Dishonored, those often stretched out to 80 minutes queue times! Early Pass solved that for me, you get in right away, and just dash to the game you want to try out right away and then only wait 5 minutes or so for the others before everyone else is let in and the queues go mad.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #2228
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
they're letting yogscast into conventions now? goddamnit, why are those guys so popular? their videos are fucking awful.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #2229
Piggus
Wicked Member

Radeon 7970

Was going to go with Nvidia, but this is by far the better value card in this price range. Toms Hardware says that it makes absolutely no sense to get the GTX680 considering this one is $100 less and beats it in most benchmarks.

Old 10-05-2012   #2230
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, are the fans loud enough to be annoying during full load?
Old 10-05-2012   #2231
Piggus
Wicked Member

Dunno, hasn't arrived yet. I'll find out next week. I read about the noise but I usually use headphones while gaming so I don't think it will be an issue.

EDIT: According to the benchmarks I'll get 80 fps in Battlefield 3 at Ultra settings with 4x AA. HHHNNNNNNNNNG

Old 10-05-2012   #2232
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Is the difference noticable you think? I have a radeon hd 6950 and I can play it (BF3) on ultra perfectly fine. So what do you gain exactly?

Not a rhetorical question, just interested
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #2233
Piggus
Wicked Member

What's your framerate in BF3 at Ultra settings with 4x MSAA in a 64 player map at 1920x1080?

I need 60 fps for my first person shooters. Anything less feels sluggish.

My dual 5850s have more combined horsepower than the 6950 but at the above settings it feels like the crappy 30 fps console version. It LOOKS amazing but I also want it to play smoothly.

Another thing is I really need a break from Crossfire. There are just too many games that I want to play that don't support Crossfire, and this will fix that. I'll be able to play Skyrim with ENB maxed out and with the high res textures, etc. Currently if I want to use ENB I have to choose between crappy framerate (one card) or weird ENB glitches (two cards). Now I can have both good performance and good looks with ENB.

Last edited by Piggus; 10-05-2012 at 04:22 PM..
Old 10-05-2012   #2234
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Well one thing is for sure, you'll not have to worry about your graphics card being the bottleneck of your system any time soon. It's a good investment for the next few years atleast.

Not sure about my famerate with the 6950 but it plays smooth enough, I occassionally set it on high though when there's alot of lag.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #2235
Piggus
Wicked Member

According to Tom's Hardware, the 7970 in many cases beats the Radeon 6990, which is basically two 6970s on a single card. So take your performance, double it, and that's how the 7970 performs.

I also got it in anticipation for some upcoming games like Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed III. Far Cry would probably run fine on my 5850s in Crossfire but the Assassin's Creed games have really bad microstutter with Crossfire so I'm hoping I'll be able to get a solid 60 fps with vsync in AC3.