Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Off Topic & Unrelated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010   #1546
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Tuniq Tower 120

AS5

Should be able to get the CPU to at least 3.4GHz.

Strongly considering getting a Radeon HD 5870 but I'd like them to come down in price a bit more.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs

Last edited by Piggus; 04-28-2010 at 12:52 PM..
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010   #1547
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
This

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010   #1548
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Got myself a quad core 2.5GHz, only one they had
Old 04-28-2010   #1549
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Got myself a quad core 2.5GHz, only one they had
why the "" its a quad, so i can't be bad..

2.5? is that in the i5 series?

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010   #1550
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
OCZ StealthXStream 700 watt PSU

Antec 300 Illusion

My old case is a piece of crap and is falling apart. I've had it since 2004 so I think I'm due for a new one.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs

Last edited by Piggus; 04-28-2010 at 05:10 PM..
Old 04-30-2010   #1551
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
why the "" its a quad, so i can't be bad..

2.5? is that in the i5 series?

Core 2 Quad, if I wanted an i5/7 I'd have to re-do everything, and I haven't got the 400 I estimated.

I ' ' because that shop used to have 2.66 quads in stock like a corner shop has Mars Bars, now suddenly they have none, and will have none in the future.

However, it plays GTA IV like a charm, much better than my duo could, My duo would actually start up nicely and got to hell within 10 minutes of play. This quad is pretty consistent
Old 04-30-2010   #1552
Piggus
Wicked Member

You could easily overclock from 2.5 to 2.66 and see pretty much no gain in heat. You wouldn't even have to increase the the core voltage. Just the FSB multiplier. To give you an idea of how well Core 2 Quads overclock, mine at stock runs at 2.4GHz. I was able to get it to 3.0GHz on the stock intel cooler.

Old 05-01-2010   #1553
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

Oh yeah, I know, it's sitting at about 2.6/2.65 atm, and I'm planning on looking at cooling and voltage clocking, so far I've just changed the clock only, did some testing etc. because I did clock it up to about 2.75, but the performance was dipping from time to time so I lowered it, and it seems to be doing fine at the moment.
Old 05-01-2010   #1554
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
An a4 sketchbook. Never thought id buy one of them ever
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010   #1555
Piggus
Wicked Member

I got a bunch of Dremel cutting disks and a grinder. The idea is to make my new PC case a little more unique once it gets here.

Here's a quick/sloppy test I did on my current case. I think it will look pretty nice on the Antec.

Old 05-01-2010   #1556
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

That seems like an awesome idea, a custom computer case seems like a good project to take up. In fact, just something out of the norm, air flowed to the max haha
Old 05-02-2010   #1557
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010   #1558
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
I got a bunch of Dremel cutting disks and a grinder. The idea is to make my new PC case a little more unique once it gets here.

img

Here's a quick/sloppy test I did on my current case. I think it will look pretty nice on the Antec.

img
how difficult was it to cut a circle like that?
I doubt I'd be able to make it look that neat.
Did you use any tricks or do you have a very steady hand?
Old 05-02-2010   #1559
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

Here's what I'd do, draw the circle best I can, grind the hole smaller than the circle, and use a file to clean it up afterwards. Or if you're really hardcore. Lathe. I dunno if it'd be possible but meh
Old 05-02-2010   #1560
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote