Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2008   #16
2657canes

2657canes is an unknown quantity at this point
Its actually a lot easier than I thought, heres how I did it.

- Six stars happens when you kill a lot of cops. Its not impossible at all. Its quite easy if you get enough kills.

I did it at the safe house in Bohan. I started by killing a few peds and the first few cops outside the building. Then when my wanted level was 3, I went inside the building and up the stairs.

I perched on the top of the stairs with the assault rifle (M16 looking bastard) and just started killing cops as they entered the building through the door, in lulls I would toss nades or shoot some RPGs down to or even through the door and would get kills that way.

Finally the wanted level got to six and I went inside the apt and took cover behind the kitchen counter nearest to the door (as far left as you can go, but still facing the door) I sat there for 5 minutes, not one cop came in the apt door unless I fired.
2657canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #17
NeikoownsLC
Satan's worker of the week.

NeikoownsLC is infamous around these partsNeikoownsLC is infamous around these parts
That's a m4 not an m16.
NeikoownsLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #18
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Just find a building that the cops can't climb up.

Then be apeshit-hot at shooting. It's what I did.
Pignoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #19
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
As soon as i got access to a helicopter with a certain friend, i had a fly around and got six stars over the third island. In a chopper its amazingly easy to stay away from the cops. Plus because i got it on a mission when i landed again, i lost the wanted level.
TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #20
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #2! View Post
The hospital is a good place to kill cops easily.Theres a health pack and soda machine in there too.
I had a go at getting it in there. The only thing is the seats u can take cover behind dont hide all of you and a good shot from a cop can get you in the head.

But I think I have a method now which is even easier than the helicopter one. Just get any old car and drive onto the walkway on the algonquin bridge (not the brooklyn one, or the on which has the toll booths on it. The cops stay on the road above and can only shoot down, so u just drive up and down about 100 yards and they never get you.
dillinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #21
MurphySk8

MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
If you have all three islands and want this achievement, you can use the computer in the lobby of your Northwood, Algonquin apartment. You just click on "Luckyfind Search" until you see a link to "Little Lacy Surprise Beauty Pageant." Click it and you'll have five stars in a few seconds. There's only one entrance door to the lobby, rather than the two in your Middle Park East apartment, so take cover on the wall opposite the door. When the cops are near, shoot the door to get their attention. They'll start piling in, so a shotgun works best here.

All you have to do is kill enough to get six stars, then run to the left to take the elevator up to your apartment. The attack choppers can still shoot you through your windows, and occasionally cops will fill the opposite roof, but it's a pretty fun shoot-out if you take cover. Be warned, though, if you go out on the patio, the choppers can shoot the fuel tank next to the grill and blow you away.

If you just want the achievement, you can take cover behind the end table by the bed to give you a view of the door, but I was taking out cops and choppers for nearly thirty minutes. If you're near death or you just want to end the police chase, walk over to your bed and save. Wanted level will be gone, and all your health restored. Seems like the easiest way if you don't have the "run across the bridge" method available.
MurphySk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #22
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
I don't have a 360 but I would say the easiest way would be the enterable hospital in Broker. If you stand inside the door to the right in cover, you can pick off police very very easily. Plus there's a sprink machine on the other side so if you run low on health you can raise it.
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #23
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
Nice find Murphysk8.

On the subject of achievements, I'm trying to get the full set but I havent yet seen anyone with the 'let sleeping rockstrs lie' one. Anyone know if this is viral? surely it would have spread around by now if it was.
Old 05-16-2008   #24
MurphySk8

MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
I'm mostly having trouble with "Chain Reaction." I've gotten all the other singleplayer achievements, including "Key to the City", but I can't seem to blow up ten cars in ten seconds.
MurphySk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #25
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Continuously pile up vehicles from the airport parking lot by pushing them with a large vehicle. Jacking them all would get the cops on you before you can finish. Once you have roughly twice the amount of vehicles needed for the achievement, blow them up with explosives/molotovs.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #26
dillinja

this helped me a great deal: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=GmyvN6QMphM. tried piling cars up but cops always saw me.
Old 05-16-2008   #27
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinja View Post
haha wicked. I think i'll try this, since getting it honestly without cheats seems imposible. seems like the six star level is only really there to keep you off the third island. Because ive killed about two hundred cops and only barely reached 5.
Well, I found a nice alleyway with good cover, and got out my M4 and MP-10 and sat there. Within 10 minutes of killing about 50 cops ans NOOSE I had 6 stars, and I still had TONS of ammo left to go before i ran out. So basically find a good alley, fill up your SMG and Assault Rifle ammo, and take cover and have fun.
LordLeverette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #28
wickedss
Newbie Member

wickedss is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's how I did it.

1. make sure you have full health, armor, ammunition and molitovs.
2. go the the nice safehouse that roman bought in algonquin.
3. right outside that safe house get a wanted level up to 3 stars.
4. once that happens run back inside and take cover behind the wall at the top of the short flight of stairs.
5. as the cops run in, hit them with the molitovs at each door.. you don't need to hit every cop with those just make sure that there is burning going on at each door cuz as they run in it will set them on fire.
6. rarely you will need to switch to your gun (preferably M4) to his some straglers.
7. once you have 6 stars run to the elevator and head up. Once up there they won't come in at all and the helicopter can't get to you. Just to be safe I stayed crouched behind the couch left of the tv. Sit there for five minutes and BADDA BOOM BADDA BING.....Achievement unlocked.

Hope this helps ya!
wickedss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #29
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Pretty easy for me. Went to the helitours, jacked a chopper and landed it on the helitours building's small roof. I sat up there next to my chopper picking off cops and throwing grenades. When the choppers come take them out with rockets, blowing up a chopper is a quick way to increase the stars. After about 3 blown-up choppers I had 6 stars, so I simply got in my chopper and flew away. Flew around for a few minutes and got it, simple.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #30
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
This was actually easy to get if you know the method, the one I used was at the start of the game, rob a bike, get on the foot path of the Broker Bridge and then speed to the other side and park up once you go down the first lot of steps. 6 Stars, Helicopters can't shoot you and the police don't enter the area unless you walk down the third or fourth set of stairs, so I just waited there listening to the Radio for a few minutes.

That method sometimes glitches though, I've done it for a few friends on once, a NOOSE guy came all the way up the stairs and just shot the hell out of Niko right away.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote