Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2008   #1
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
One Man Army Achievement

K I know its easy to get this if u havent got the thrid island but I thought that method was a bit of a cop out so I left it. But now i'm trying to get it with all areas unlocked im realisin that it's impossible to get six stars, wtf? Has anyone managed to? and how?
dillinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #2
AstroFan

AstroFan is an unknown quantity at this point
I actually got this last night, strangely the "raise wanted level" cheat didnt deactivate the achievement. So I put in the code in my safe house and just chlled.
Old 05-15-2008   #3
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
haha wicked. I think i'll try this, since getting it honestly without cheats seems imposible. seems like the six star level is only really there to keep you off the third island. Because ive killed about two hundred cops and only barely reached 5.
Old 05-15-2008   #4
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
Make sure that you 100% your game first. Otherwise you will not be able to get 100% using cheats.
Old 05-15-2008   #5
chrissytrow
Newbie Member

chrissytrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that even true? ^

I specifically remember completing SA with cheats 100%.
Old 05-15-2008   #6
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
Yes. With cheats you can only get 99.99%.
Old 05-15-2008   #7
dillinja

I'm not sure if they do or not. But to be safe im gonna not save the game after I do it n suposedly the achievement will still register on my gamertag.
Old 05-15-2008   #8
chrissytrow
Newbie Member

chrissytrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glanerd View Post
Yes. With cheats you can only get 99.99%.
Have you tried it? Or just followed rumours etc...
Old 05-15-2008   #9
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glanerd View Post
Make sure that you 100% your game first. Otherwise you will not be able to get 100% using cheats.
Wrong. R* stated that you can achieve 100% using the cheats via the mobile.
Old 05-15-2008   #10
gtasteve
Newbie Member

gtasteve is an unknown quantity at this point
i get the achievement by going in the bowling alley in the 3rd island. There is one pole that i stood behind. Most cops come in by themselves or pairs so it's easy if you have ammo
gtasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #11
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I actually had this problem not too long ago. I got a helicopter, flew to a building in Jersey that was tall enough to shield me from the cops below but short enough to allow me kill them with any weapon I so choose. After chucking some grenades and killing swarms of cops, I got it up to 4 stars. From there I would take down all the choppers, kill some more police on the ground and that would get it to 5. Eventually it rose to 6 where I stood on the roof waiting for more choppers to come, but the game glitched. It showed a heli just sitting there on the radar, but it was out of my line of sight. So no more choppers came, and I got the achievement.
Old 05-15-2008   #12
dillinja

k so it is possible then, gd to know. It was taking so long for me i thought 6 wld never happen. Neways tried that cheat n it said one man army blocked so it cant work for everyone. Got it in the end by starting a new game and driving round the subway.
Old 05-15-2008   #13
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
i got it two days ago.
I finished the mission where
Jacob shot down the helicopter with the rocketlauncher

Then after that, i took the helicopter over to the last island and flew for 5 minutes.
Old 05-15-2008   #14
bboychibi

bboychibi is an unknown quantity at this point
What I did was go to the airport to get the instant 4 stars, then on one of the ends of the tarmac there's a bunch of big rocks on the little space of sand near the water. I bought the 8 rpgs and geared up with the M4 before going and went there and took cover behind one of the rocks.

The cops just keep coming towards you over the little hill and they're super easy to pick off with headshots with the M4. The only thing is the helicopters always go behind you, but they aren't a problem with a well placed sniper round to the pilot's head, or of course the rpg. You'll probably use all the rpgs, but it won't be problem since you have the m4. Just keep doing this until that avhievement pops up. I lasted 21 minutes doing this before I significantly ran out of ammo.
bboychibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #15
#2!
Newbie Member

#2! is an unknown quantity at this point
The hospital is a good place to kill cops easily.Theres a health pack and soda machine in there too.
#2! is offline   Reply With Quote