Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2008   #61
Jose
Custom User Title

Jose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura about
I'm only disappointed that I tried like 30 times to get on top of Statue of Happiness's coffee cup and when I finally did I found nothing interesting. And also some more fun cheats wouldn't be bad.
I think that's all.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #62
Disorder666
Newbie Member

Disorder666 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love the game, but here are the things I really think they could have added, from the previous games:

Ambulance missions - for the health bonus
Fire missions - to become fire proof
RAMPAGES!!! - These really kicked ass.
Having to complete the level 8 (or 10? I forget..) vigilante mission! - This was awesome going through this in the Apache chopper.

You no longer get weapons spawning at your safe houses for collecting hidden packages (or killing pigeons in this case). Big disappointment.

Sure there are other things too but I cant think of them right now.

Seems like you do not get half as much cool stuff for completing the game 100% as you did in the previous ones. Makes me wonder if I will even bother.

Heh, of course I will...

edit:

oh... TANKS at 6 stars!!! Give please.
Disorder666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #63
510bayarea
Newbie Member

510bayarea is an unknown quantity at this point
i wish you could take a piss in the street an stop traffic
Old 05-30-2008   #64
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorder666 View Post
Having to complete the level 8 (or 10? I forget..) vigilante mission! - This was awesome going through this in the Apache chopper.
Vigelante is much improved acctually, get in a police car and access the police computer, you have 30 most wanted criminals to locate and kill (all like a mini mission in themseves) and you also have to complete 20 "Current Crimes"

Quote:
You no longer get weapons spawning at your safe houses for collecting hidden packages (or killing pigeons in this case). Big disappointment.
no, but you do get an Anhialator Spawning on the MeTV building

Quote:
oh... TANKS at 6 stars!!! Give please.
why does everyone miss tanks! you really think NYPD would send tanks out after a criminal in NYC... no
Old 05-30-2008   #65
Jose
Custom User Title

Jose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura about
lol They did send tanks in the Old School New York City.

Anyways do you get something for the 30 Most Wanted(I've done them) and/or the 20 Current Crimes(In progress)?
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #66
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josť View Post
Anyways do you get something for the 30 Most Wanted(I've done them) and/or the 20 Current Crimes(In progress)?
yeah, 2.5% Game Completion for each
Old 05-31-2008   #67
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
The train. Would have been nice if it was an interactive interior. Buy snacks, walk around or sit down. Shame.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #68
Zeshil

Zeshil is on a distinguished roadZeshil is on a distinguished roadZeshil is on a distinguished roadZeshil is on a distinguished road
I miss how you can do much damage to the cars using the Baseball Bat as in Vice City or San Andreas. The only damage you can really do to cars in GTA4 with Melee weapons is break the windshield and even that does seem hard to achieve
Zeshil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #69
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
why does everyone miss tanks! you really think NYPD would send tanks out after a criminal in NYC... no
Whilst you are right, Tanks and The Army were part of the GTA experience, so even though I love the new realism, I do miss the challenge of 6-stars. It really seems like there's not much of a difference between 4 and 6 stars.
Old 05-31-2008   #70
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Coco View Post
Whilst you are right, Tanks and The Army were part of the GTA experience, so even though I love the new realism, I do miss the challenge of 6-stars. It really seems like there's not much of a difference between 4 and 6 stars.
i supose, i suspect my not caring about the no tanks is that i rarely exceed 3 stars, let alone go for 6
Old 05-31-2008   #71
Marko Dash
Newbie Member

Marko Dash is an unknown quantity at this point
with the physics this game has tanks would be an awesome thing. if it was implmented it would have to be changed from it previous incarnations, but for the better. like say...

give it treads instead of a bunch of wheels.
instead of instantly blowing up cars it should use it's traction, weight, and the new damage effects to ride up on a car squash the roof and kill the engine (where it stalls and Niko starts begging it to start).
it should be utterly invincible to small arms fire, but killable by RPGs, grenades, and helicopter machine guns.
when used against you the main gun should shoot at you.

and maybe unable to accomplish but have it able to seat more than one person, like with a machine gun mount on the top
I loved Saint's Row, just too short and your character gets too little dialogue, it was like GTA on steroids, massively pumped up but something got smaller...
Marko Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #72
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post

Actually if a state of emergency was called they would deploy the US Army......
Old 06-01-2008   #73
nYgel

nYgel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko Dash View Post
with the physics this game has tanks would be an awesome thing. if it was implmented it would have to be changed from it previous incarnations, but for the better. like say...

give it treads instead of a bunch of wheels.
instead of instantly blowing up cars it should use it's traction, weight, and the new damage effects to ride up on a car squash the roof and kill the engine (where it stalls and Niko starts begging it to start).
it should be utterly invincible to small arms fire, but killable by RPGs, grenades, and helicopter machine guns.
when used against you the main gun should shoot at you.

and maybe unable to accomplish but have it able to seat more than one person, like with a machine gun mount on the top
im sure that was a reason they didnt do that, that seems like a ridiculous amount of work designing something that probably wouldnt be used too much.

I miss crazy features, but not really. You know? SA was shit in all honesty, maybe im just not gangsta enough to care if my hood be getting shot down, ya heard? maybe I enjoy eastern europeans and their problems. But most of all, I like Tommy Vercetti, but I'm not gonna bitch, cuz SA had too much stupid shit. "Gee, look at my big ass afro, I'm so cool!"
nYgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #74
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
Actually if a state of emergency was called they would deploy the US Army......
Gives me a good idea. Maybe it can take ages to get 6 stars... A lot of work, lot of destruction, and when you get 6-stars, those air-raid sirens sound.

From then on eberyone runs for cover, in shops and stuff, there's no peds on the street but empty cars, think I am Legend, and then the army shows up. Army trucks deploy ground units on your ass, trying to bottle neck you and trap you in streets. Over time their tactics change, such as deploying snipers on rooftops nearby, and if that fails: tanks. That would be the biggest challenge of the lot. And as this is going on, air units such as jets are circling the city, and if you ever go in the air, especially over water, they try to take you down.

It would be incredibly over the top for an eastern european finding that special someone but christ it would be fun.
Old 06-01-2008   #75
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Police boat spawn needs serious adjustment. I was hiding by the edge of the water for ages, with a 5* Wanted Level; no boats. The second I was in the water, they appeared behind the barge, and then another 3 spawned from nowhere.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote