Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2008   #31
Ænemy
Digital/Concept Artist

Ænemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enough
I miss gambling.
Ænemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #32
TheKTC
Newbie Member

TheKTC is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOs jOn View Post
you didnt even have to write a hint at anything about the ending, the thread wasnt even about that... I had no idea how it could end, now I kinda do. So what may not be a spoiler to you, maybe is to someone else.
I was discussing one of the key elements of the game that I enjoyed. I did not give anyway any portion of the plot. If you're worried about ruining the experience for yourself then don't browse through the forums. I didn't look at any GTA IV forums until I was done with the game, just in case. If you didn't want to read posts that at least vaguely acknowledge portions of the game, then don't come to the forums until you're done with the storyline.
TheKTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #33
plazaskater
PS3/Xbox 360 Owner

plazaskater is on a distinguished roadplazaskater is on a distinguished roadplazaskater is on a distinguished road
thats a pretty good point KTC
plazaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #34
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKTC View Post
I was discussing one of the key elements of the game that I enjoyed. I did not give anyway any portion of the plot. If you're worried about ruining the experience for yourself then don't browse through the forums. I didn't look at any GTA IV forums until I was done with the game, just in case. If you didn't want to read posts that at least vaguely acknowledge portions of the game, then don't come to the forums until you're done with the storyline.
not really a good point, not very realistic. I think in future you should be more warey as to what you are writing, an i'll go more careful as to where I am clicking.

peace.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #35
A Human Being

A Human Being is on a distinguished roadA Human Being is on a distinguished roadA Human Being is on a distinguished road
Parachuting, Cops on bikes, Bicycles, and Planes.... would have been cool to have jet-ski's too.

A Human Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #36
cyril
Look, I'm strokin' my weiner

cyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished road
After almost 10hours of game playing, I don't know if I am the only one who got this feeling but, I was disappointed.

Grand Theft Auto IV has a great storyline..
Let's admit it, R* disappointed most of the Grand Theft Auto fan's with the quality promised and gave in the game.

For instance, let's take the silliest examples, don't you notice cops always spawning even though there is no place for them to spawn from?
That's not all, that happens with most of the cars, when you get in an "Infernus", suddenly out of now
Other than that, we got used to the Grand Theft Auto series for having stuff ADDED and not REMOVED.

Buildings; none of them are accessible, for the exception of one or two who are mission wise linked.
Most of the users here pointed out what they think is missing in the game, game play kind of view.. so I am not going to evoke them once again.
Now some of you might tell me that it's the first game in the next-generation of consoles, but so what? Grand Theft Auto III was a first with a new engine and so on.

Most of the previews featured that you can have a social life with most of the pedestrians in town.. Where is it?!
Most of the missions are repetitive, and it gets kind of boring for the exception of some missions.
Restaurants are all the same, what happened to the feature where you can enter a Police Station?!, 3Shops and not so much of a diversity in them;
ex: 2kind of glasses, 2kind of hats, no t-shirts, no shorts.

Sniper?! What's it to use for? Other than missions that is.
Did you try going up a skyscraper and trying to shoot someone? Suddenly everyone disappears.

All in all, this is not my first or second time I play the Grand Theft Auto series, I've been playing it for a long time, so it's from a point of view that was waiting for much much more, and got a good game. Which doesn't deserve a 10\10.. not at all in my point of view.
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #37
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
There are many small things I could point out, but I'm just gonna air my biggest one.

The camera. What in the fuck is the point in having one if you can't save the picture? Ooh, look at this, I'll take a picture then stand in the same spot so I can look at it.

With the exception of 2 missions, the cameraphone is useless. Unless they're planning on adding it in an update (or probably DLC), whats the point? May have well left it out.
Old 05-16-2008   #38
andydel
Newbie Member

andydel is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah the camera one seemed odd to me too. One thing i miss is the old method of collecting cars when a list was posted up and you had to actively search the city for a banshee for example. It could be annoyingly hard to find them sometimes but it was satisfying when you got them, i don't think the new method is as fun or challenging. I also miss rewards from unlocking things from side missions like the zebra cab in vice city, i have only got about 35 pigeons so i don't know if you get rewards throughout that but i haven't heard anything.

Some of the other features may have been removed for storage or technical reasons but it may have been left out so they have something new to add for DLC or new versions of the game otherwise people would moan that there was nothing new in the new games and wouldn't bother investing in them.
andydel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #39
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril View Post
After almost 10hours of game playing, I don't know if I am the only one who got this feeling but, I was disappointed.

Grand Theft Auto IV has a great storyline..
Let's admit it, R* disappointed most of the Grand Theft Auto fan's with the quality promised and gave in the game.

For instance, let's take the silliest examples, don't you notice cops always spawning even though there is no place for them to spawn from?
That's not all, that happens with most of the cars, when you get in an "Infernus", suddenly out of now
Other than that, we got used to the Grand Theft Auto series for having stuff ADDED and not REMOVED.
The game can't load the whole city, cops are going to have to spawn no matter what. Atleast you don't see them actually appearing in front of you.

Buildings; none of them are accessible, for the exception of one or two who are mission wise linked.
Most of the users here pointed out what they think is missing in the game, game play kind of view.. so I am not going to evoke them once again.
Now some of you might tell me that it's the first game in the next-generation of consoles, but so what? Grand Theft Auto III was a first with a new engine and so on.
Do you really want to go in every single building there is?

Most of the previews featured that you can have a social life with most of the pedestrians in town.. Where is it?!
Most of the missions are repetitive, and it gets kind of boring for the exception of some missions.
Restaurants are all the same, what happened to the feature where you can enter a Police Station?!, 3Shops and not so much of a diversity in them;
There was never a feature to enter a police station. There are 3 shops and they aren't supposed to be diverse. This isn't crazy be whoever you want. You have to dress how Niko would dress. I do want more clothes, but I can't picture Niko with a t-shirt and shorts. A baseball cap and some new glasses would be appreciated though.

Did you try going up a skyscraper and trying to shoot someone? Suddenly everyone disappears.
Well, you're not supposed to snipe people from half a mile away, but the sniper is VERY useful in missions (I'm supposed to ambush the house, I get on top of a nearby building and snipe half of the people I'm supposed to kill)

All in all, this is not my first or second time I play the Grand Theft Auto series, I've been playing it for a long time, so it's from a point of view that was waiting for much much more, and got a good game. Which doesn't deserve a 10\10.. not at all in my point of view.
Old 05-16-2008   #40
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
How does another disappointment thread call in retarded Sony fanboys?
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #41
cyril

cyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished roadcyril is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's kind of funny you found an explanation or an argument for every idea I gave;

The game can't load the whole city, cops are going to have to spawn no matter what. Atleast you don't see them actually appearing in front of you.
I never said it would load the whole city, but if you played the game on the PS3 console you would get what I meant, and I assure you I am not the first person who got annoyed about that.

Quote:
Do you really want to go in every single building there is?
I never said I wanted to access ALL the buildings, at LEAST the most important ones.

Quote:
There was never a feature to enter a police station. There are 3 shops and they aren't supposed to be diverse. This isn't crazy be whoever you want. You have to dress how Niko would dress. I do want more clothes, but I can't picture Niko with a t-shirt and shorts. A baseball cap and some new glasses would be appreciated though.
Yes mate, Police Station was ACCESSIBLE in the SA version.
Never said wanted a baseball cap, far from that, maybe throwing in some other or new features like choosing which color.. something like that.

Quote:
Well, you're not supposed to snipe people from half a mile away, but the sniper is VERY useful in missions (I'm supposed to ambush the house, I get on top of a nearby building and snipe half of the people I'm supposed to kill)
I am not supposed to snipe people from half a mile away?
lol, then correct me if I'm wrong why do we use the sniper now a days..

Don't take my points of view wrong, I have nothing against you, but It's kind of nice to say for once that the game did not stand up for it's expectations, instead of running around like some people saying that it's the best game ever made.
Old 05-16-2008   #42
Klone

Klone is on a distinguished roadKlone is on a distinguished road
Your sad because they took away the gloves? Man, I would hate to see your reaction when Star Craft: Ghost was cancelled... that must of been like suicide watch or something.
Old 05-16-2008   #43
cyril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klone View Post
Your sad because they took away the gloves? Man, I would hate to see your reaction when Star Craft: Ghost was cancelled... that must of been like suicide watch or something.
Did you even see the word Gloves in my post?
Old 05-16-2008   #44
Buddah_Lova
4/29/08

Buddah_Lova is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
There are many small things I could point out, but I'm just gonna air my biggest one.

The camera. What in the fuck is the point in having one if you can't save the picture? Ooh, look at this, I'll take a picture then stand in the same spot so I can look at it.

With the exception of 2 missions, the cameraphone is useless. Unless they're planning on adding it in an update (or probably DLC), whats the point? May have well left it out.
yea man i planned to take pictures of random pedestrians and search them in the police database. and what happened to the police computers actually being visible in the car. there were even screenshots of it.
Buddah_Lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008   #45
TheKTC
Newbie Member

TheKTC is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril View Post
Did you even see the word Gloves in my post?
I think he was addressing me. Listen, it obviously doesn't effect the game, but it does make you take pause when there is a picture of something on the backcover art of the game that isn't included in the game itself. It's just a head scratcher. At the end of the day, it just makes me sigh that little cool details were subtracted even though the game was delayed for months -- I would have hoped Rockstar would have taken complete advantage of that time.
TheKTC is offline   Reply With Quote