Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2008   #16
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
... and i dont understand what more you want from fire escapes? they are stairs, you walk up or down them...
haha thats what im thinking. id say the only reason to use a fire escape is to

A run from the cops or

B get to the roof to kill people

and in those 2 situations i think you wanna get up the stars and not watch the way he climbs em while bullets are whizzing by your head lol

same with poles... sure its a feature that could be useful with some poles but EVERY pole? its not liek it gives u shelter from bullets or gets you to some fantastic place

haha in the future its going to be "ohh man the cigarette lighters in the cars don't work..."
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #17
BamBooUK

BamBooUK is on a distinguished roadBamBooUK is on a distinguished road
Us PS3 users have been held back because Xbox360 lacks the technolgy to store all the game data on one disc.

But the code to make Niko climb poles is maby only 15/20MB
Old 05-15-2008   #18
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
I'm glad there are some dissapointments.
There are some for everyone, how die hard they may be.
Some people will defend this game with their lives but deep down I'm sure they miss something

Anyway why am I glad?

Well because now there's room for improvements is it with DLC or a possible new GTA who knows.
But it's there
Old 05-15-2008   #19
atdray
AlcoholicA

atdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enough
It's Grand theft auto. Who the fuck wants to spend their time calling girls on their phone, hoping for a blow job? Is this your way of telling us that you.. need to get laid?

Fire escapes? Ok. I don't want to spend my time in an alley, jumping up and down tryin to grab onto the fire escape.

What you pointed out pertains nothing to the missions. So what's the point? All I want to do after the main storyline, is fuck around, hit some stunt jumps, and find some pigeons. Maybe steal a few cars for Brucie.

My cell phone doesn't play MP3s in-game?! Holy shit. Let me go to my windows media player on my PC, play my favorite song and CRANK it while I play GTA IV, lmao. Wait, I can't play GTA without those fingerless gloves. Doh! You're right man.
Old 05-15-2008   #20
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBooUK View Post
Us PS3 users have been held back because Xbox360 lacks the technolgy to store all the game data on one disc.

But the code to make Niko climb poles is maby only 15/20MB
The textures for the gloves were just too much for the 360 to handle.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #21
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKTC View Post
Also, and I might be wrong about this too, but it doesn't seem like Niko walks up the fire escape stairs like he does other stairs. It probably wasn't even worth mentioning.
ah, that would be because if you look, alot of the fireescapes stairs are steeper that a normal set of stairs
Old 05-15-2008   #22
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
If we all remember, when it was being leaked, someone uploaded a shot of the disk contents, and nearly 2Gb was used as Copyright.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #23
MurphySk8

MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by atdray View Post
It's Grand theft auto. Who the fuck wants to spend their time calling girls on their phone, hoping for a blow job? Is this your way of telling us that you.. need to get laid?

Fire escapes? Ok. I don't want to spend my time in an alley, jumping up and down tryin to grab onto the fire escape.

What you pointed out pertains nothing to the missions. So what's the point? All I want to do after the main storyline, is fuck around, hit some stunt jumps, and find some pigeons. Maybe steal a few cars for Brucie.

My cell phone doesn't play MP3s in-game?! Holy shit. Let me go to my windows media player on my PC, play my favorite song and CRANK it while I play GTA IV, lmao. Wait, I can't play GTA without those fingerless gloves. Doh! You're right man.

There's a reason he said they were small problems that don't ruin the game.

I also find it funny that almost every response to everything I see on the net has to include a remark about how the poster needs to get laid. Since we're here posting on some forum for a videogame, I'm sure that every one of us has an amazing sex life with naked girls in every room of the house. Why, just this morning, I got out of bed, then slipped and fell right into one!

Honestly, I doubt he wants call girls in the game because he gets off on it. Hookers are entertaining in the game, and so are girlfriends, because they're insane and the dialog's hilarious. Niko, while speaking to a hooker: "Let me take you to a dark alley. Yes, I'm just an old romantic."

When I read all the features listed here were going to be in the game, I wasn't ecstatic and it had no bearing on whether or not I would purchase the game, as I'm sure it didn't for the original poster, but when I noticed there were maybe three rooftops I could reach without a helicopter, I was a little disappointed. I had a different image in my head from reading all the previews.
MurphySk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #24
MurphySk8

MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
Luckily I have an excuse; I have the flu.

Otherwise my amazing Mexican boyfriend would be here.
Well, luckily I do too! My ex is the GTA fan, while my current girlfriend, Sarah, mostly reads books.. BUT she's a heavy sleeper, so I can get away with playing the game in bed and not annoying her, which is kinda' sad, actually..

I don't think I'll be playing the game online with my ex while in the same room as Sarah, though. At least, not until I turn her into a full-on gamer. Got her hooked on Rock Band and Oblivion, and that's a start.

That being said, and going back to the original topic: I think we do need gloves in the game, but not fingerless ones, because if OJ taught us anything, gloves with fingers, no matter how bloody, aren't enough to get you convicted if you decide to kill one of these said hookers.
MurphySk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #25
raikkonen

raikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these parts
Quote:

Man YOU really do LOVE GTA 4!! i love it too, even though theres something missing! i'll be pissed if something huge get removed, like taking cover!!
raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #26
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKTC View Post
The end is depressing but that's because it's suppose to be depressing, most people who live a life of murder and theft don't get a happy ending.

Why even fuckin write that bro? not everyone has finished the game yet... chuck a spoiler tag there.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #27
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
What has he spoiled?

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #28
TheKTC
Newbie Member

TheKTC is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOs jOn View Post
Why even fuckin write that bro? not everyone has finished the game yet... chuck a spoiler tag there.
Maybe I should have put a spoiler tag in there to be safe but I didn't give away any particulars of the plot, so I don't think it's worthy of a spoiler tag. Furthermore, what might be depressing in my opinion could be merry and jolly to someone else. So, I don't think I spoiled anything.
TheKTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #29
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
you didnt even have to write a hint at anything about the ending, the thread wasnt even about that... I had no idea how it could end, now I kinda do. So what may not be a spoiler to you, maybe is to someone else.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #30
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I see your point n yeh they're only stairs. But being able to get onto roofs without a chopper. thats the issue.
dillinja is offline   Reply With Quote