Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2008   #1
TheKTC
Newbie Member

TheKTC is an unknown quantity at this point
The Little Disappointments

So, let me start this off by saying that I love GTA IV. I think it's fantastic. I've never had a game suck me in like this one has. I've completed the storyline and I enjoyed it very much. People say the storyline is "Oscar-worthy," which is incorrect, it's not "Oscar-worthy" but it is sufficiently cinematic. The end is depressing but that's because it's suppose to be depressing, most people who live a life of murder and theft don't get a happy ending. But, now that I've had some time to digest the storyline and put some seperation between myself and the game, I'm beginning to get annoyed.

Why?

Because I'm beginning to remember some of the features that were included in previews and that were removed from the final version of the game. All of these thing are little, and don't ruin the game by any stretch of the imagination, but they irritate me a little. The things I'm referring to include: call girls (which were included in the IGN review on page 2,) the ability to climb fire escapes and poles, and the ability to listen to music on your phone. I also remember reading a preview that mentioned that Lola was in the game and that she was available for "night sessions." I assume she was removed because the entire "call girl" feature was taken out (apparently at the last moment.) Rockstar also removed Niko's gloves (I know, I know, shut up about the gloves.) Listen, like I said, these are small things but it's disappointing that they aren't in the game because we all know that they were in the game at one point. It's especially aggravating when you consider that the game was delayed for months. It just rubs me the wrong way that a game is delayed for so long and still has things subtracted from it. It's sadly ironic that once GTA IV was delayed I was left to read all of these previews while I waited impatiently but now it seems like that was a grand waste of time since the previews didn't totally reflect the game I had preordered.

Like I said, I love the game, I just wanted to put this up for discussion. Does anyone feel the same way?
TheKTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #2
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Things could have been removed because of lack of disk space.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #3
CynicalBastard
Banned
Banned

CynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these parts
uʍop ǝpısdn pǝuɹnʇ sı ǝɟı1 ʎɯ sǝ1od qɯı1ɔ ʇ,uɐɔ ı
CynicalBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #4
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Prostitutes/Call Girls are in the game, go to an area near a strip club at night and park up next to a girl on the street who is normally just standing there, but can be walking, beep the horn and they come over, and get in.

you can climb fire escapes... if you can reach them. normal fire escapes are not accesable from the ground either, but if you get on a building, or manage to leap to one from a dumpster or something, they are all solid and can be climbed up and down.

Poles, you are correct, and music on the phone you are correct too, poles irritated me, but the music on the phone i didnt care for anyway

Last edited by Lukeyy19; 05-14-2008 at 08:43 PM..
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #5
plazaskater
PS3/Xbox 360 Owner

plazaskater is on a distinguished roadplazaskater is on a distinguished roadplazaskater is on a distinguished road
yeah..maybe in the next game my blueray disc won't feel so empty
plazaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #6
NeikoownsLC
Satan's worker of the week.

NeikoownsLC is infamous around these partsNeikoownsLC is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
The current gen hasnt even made 3 years.
NeikoownsLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #7
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeikoownsLC View Post
The current gen hasnt even made 3 years.
You need to rephrase that, it doesn't make sense.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #8
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
damn 360's lack of disk space! us PS3ers could have all these extra features if they didnt have to be the same

IV only takes up like 12% of what can be stored on a Dual Layer BlueRay Disk
Old 05-14-2008   #9
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You need to rephrase that, it doesn't make sense.
Yeah, it does. The current gen (which you wrongly refer to as next gen) is already in need of new technology.

I don't find this statement true.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #10
NeikoownsLC
Satan's worker of the week.

NeikoownsLC is infamous around these partsNeikoownsLC is infamous around these parts
Dude it takes alot more then three years to find/and use the potential of a new disk/console.
NeikoownsLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #11
TheKTC
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
Prostitutes/Call Girls are in the game, go to an area near a strip club at night and park up next to a girl on the street who is normally just standing there, but can be walking, beep the horn and they come over, and get in.

you can climb fire escapes... if you can reach them. normal fire escapes are not accesable from the ground either, but if you get on a building, or manage to leap to one from a dumpster or something, they are all solid and can be climbed up and down.
I don't mean street hookers, I mean call girls. Look at IGN's American review of GTA IV and on page 2 you will see what I'm talking about ... I'd send you the link but the website isn't working for me at the moment.

I mean, I know that regular hookers are in the game, I'm not a dunce (at least I like to think I'm not.)

Also, I know you can get on top of fire escapes, but I meant actually climb them. When you get on a fire escape in this game you can feel that it's not a polished experience. It's a nit pick, I know.
Old 05-14-2008   #12
upstateelehant
Newbie Member

upstateelehant is an unknown quantity at this point
I know there are little disappointments that we can all agree on, but I feel there are way too many threads outlinging the same things that the previous other threads have listed. Isn't there a master "disappoinment/let down/"teh game is gehy"/WTF is R* thinking/overhyped" thread? We just gotta suck it up and hope that the DLC will bring some new things we all are craving or just wait patiently for the next 3 years or so for the next GTA. Cheers!
upstateelehant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #13
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKTC View Post
I don't mean street hookers, I mean call girls. Look at IGN's American review of GTA IV and on page 2 you will see what I'm talking about ... I'd send you the link but the website isn't working for me at the moment.

I mean, I know that regular hookers are in the game, I'm not a dunce (at least I like to think I'm not.)

Also, I know you can get on top of fire escapes, but I meant actually climb them. When you get on a fire escape in this game you can feel that it's not a polished experience. It's a nit pick, I know.
oh you mean like going into a phone booth and calling a number, then going to some brothel or something? i thought you may have meant that after i posted, and i dont understand what more you want from fire escapes? they are stairs, you walk up or down them...
Old 05-14-2008   #14
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
A very smart answear my friend!
Old 05-14-2008   #15
TheKTC
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
oh you mean like going into a phone booth and calling a number, then going to some brothel or something? i thought you may have meant that after i posted, and i dont understand what more you want from fire escapes? they are stairs, you walk up or down them...
I believe there was a feature where you could call a girl from your phone and have her visit your safehouse. I believe that's when Lola was incorporated in the game if I remember the preview correctly. The fire escape thing is nothing huge, I can just recall previews were the fire escapes were accessible from the ground. Something where you could jump onto the ladder and climb up (if I'm incorrect about this sorry.) Also, and I might be wrong about this too, but it doesn't seem like Niko walks up the fire escape stairs like he does other stairs. It probably wasn't even worth mentioning.