Old 05-13-2008   #1
SANDYBASTRD
Newbie Member

SANDYBASTRD is an unknown quantity at this point
Still cant join a damn room.

plz fix this. this is B/S. still getting the same messages like before. new patch or whaever didnt do shit.
SANDYBASTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #2
randomhero
MMFWCL
Amateur Member

randomhero is an unknown quantity at this point
huh, I didnt even Need the patch! lol it works Perfect for me, I have a 60Gb ps3
randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #3
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Use my method, start a game by ur self, ranked or player. Then press Back button to start a new one and it should automatically take u to a hosted room. It works for people I've told to(xbox users).
Old 05-14-2008   #4
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lile23 View Post
Use my method, start a game by ur self, ranked or player. Then press Back button to start a new one and it should automatically take u to a hosted room. It works for people I've told to(xbox users).
hes having the same problem as me and i dont think hes on xbox as that consoles servers are fine
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #5
picklemonkey
Newbie Member

picklemonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
"Gaming Mode" on my D-Link router (DI-614+) needed to be enabled. Apparently this is the same as selecting between "Full Cone NAT" instead of "Symmetric NAT" (see here http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r194...mend-disabling ). I get the connection could not be established errors only when I have Gaming Mode turned off (or am in Symmetric NAT Mode). It sounds like many D-Link routers have this feature, and it's turned off by default on all of them. I'm not sure what it would be called on any others but it's probably safe to assume it exists in some form or another. Especially if the game works directly plugged in to your modem, but not through your router.

Discard Ping from WAN side - Seems to work either way. I noticed a couple of game lock-ups after enabling this, where I got no error message but instead only saw "Starting game" until I reboot my playstation. Only happened twice during all of testing so I don't think it has any impact, but it couldn't hurt to just leave it turned off so pings get replied to.

Static IP in DMZ - Seems to work ok outside of the DMZ with the below ports forwarded to static IP

Incoming PSN-required ports forwarded directly to Playstation's static IP (virtual server):
TCP 80 - worked with port forwarding on and off (with DMZ turned off and Gaming Mode ON)
TCP 443 - worked with port forwarding on and off (with DMZ turned off and Gaming Mode ON)
TCP 5223 - worked with port forwarding on and off (with DMZ turned off and Gaming Mode ON)
UDP 3478 - worked with port forwarding on and off (with DMZ turned off and Gaming Mode ON)
UDP 3479 - worked with port forwarding on and off (with DMZ turned off and Gaming Mode ON)
UDP 3658 - worked with port forwarding on and off (with DMZ turned off and Gaming Mode ON)
UDP 10070-10080, 50100 (Gran Turismo 5 ports) - worked with port forwarding on and off (with DMZ turned off and Gaming Mode ON)

Also after finding that Gaming Mode made things start working, I did some searching and found this which shows it helped other people too.
http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...sage.id=256395

I'd recommend the static IP, the DMZ, the Gaming Mode ON (aka Full Cone NAT enabled), and the WAN ping replies turned on. I hope this helps anybody!
picklemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #6
unFunGames
Newbie Member

unFunGames can only hope to improve
its your NAT. its not completely open. you must be able to connect to EVERYONE in the game, not just the host like in other games.
unFunGames is offline   Reply With Quote