Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Tips, Cheats & Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2008   #1
woltra
Newbie Member

woltra is an unknown quantity at this point
Roman's Taxi "car" spawning machine?

I had the weirdest experience earlier today... I was driving one of Roman's taxis and noticed LOTS of the same car spawning all over the place, and they were COMETS!!! Then the next time I was driving one of his taxi's I saw literally 100's of mopeds, then the next time the car de jour was the sports utility vehicle. Does the taxi act like another random car while you are driving it and therefore act as a car spawning machine?

So my question is has anyone else noticed stuff like this?

I'm going to do lots more taxi missions for Roman and try to get more super cars to spawn... it looks like the taxi itself if you are on a job acts like a mission start with the blue flag above it so even if you leave the area it should remain. Like if you got a super car to go home with just ditch the taxi and take the car home to park it and then go back and finish the taxi mission. I don't know if this will work but this is what I'm going to try to do.
woltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #2
raikkonen

raikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these parts
its been doing this thing since other gta's like for example in SA, theres a cheetah then you see lots of them in one block! they don't fix this problem!!!
raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #3
plazaskater
PS3/Xbox 360 Owner

plazaskater is on a distinguished roadplazaskater is on a distinguished roadplazaskater is on a distinguished road
yeah that does kind of suck i hope they fix that in the next one
plazaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #4
randomhero
MMFWCL
Amateur Member

randomhero is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, I went to the Airport and got one of those Huge wheeled Car things? and then i saw Them spawn on the roads and stuff LOL
randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #5
Strike.

Strike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enough
Yeah, it's been happening since GTAIII.
Strike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #6
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazaskater View Post
yeah that does kind of suck i hope they fix that in the next one
Where's the problem? I'll bet if it didn't happen, there would be people moaning then too.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #7
qwertyguy
The alien banger.

qwertyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
It did the same thing when I stole a forklift.
I kept looking for another car and all I saw was freaking
forklifts everywhere.

Thanks to Razor for the sig.
MySpace
qwertyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #8
ElephantGuts
Fleet Admiral of my own life

ElephantGuts is on a distinguished roadElephantGuts is on a distinguished road
yeah i really dont see how in a game as technologicly advanced as this they couldnt fix a little thing like that, and it really pisses me off.

i was beggining to think it might be intentional, but i cant think of any reason for it...
Old 05-13-2008   #9
qwertyguy
The alien banger.

qwertyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
I've noticed that with IV and other GTA's that when you die and you dont get into a car right after you die
there will be alot less cars around.
That pisses me off alot.

Thanks to Razor for the sig.
MySpace
qwertyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #10
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
I don't mind it so much. Actually I think it's kinda funny.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #11
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
the only time its useful is when u find a really rare car cause then u can grab like 2 of them and save one and drive the other around
but it gets annoying when u jump in a shitty car and then ALL u see are those shitty cars
Old 05-13-2008   #12
AUAnonymous
The Genovese Family Hitman
Amateur Member

AUAnonymous is on a distinguished roadAUAnonymous is on a distinguished roadAUAnonymous is on a distinguished roadAUAnonymous is on a distinguished road
I don't really think it's that big of a deal.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: AUAnonymous
Hahahah, mai roflcopter, it goas soi soi soi soi soi so
AUAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008   #13
NeikoownsLC
Satan's worker of the week.

NeikoownsLC is infamous around these partsNeikoownsLC is infamous around these parts
That doesn't happen to me. I've got a banshe and have only one other.
NeikoownsLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008   #14
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
i always notice it especially near my bohan house.. normally really crappy old cars and some calvaclades but if im bringing a sports car there suddenly they wil be parked and driving all over the place
like when i got the sultan RS i was bringin it there and on the road that goes next to burger shot towards the highway there was a whole row of parked RS's
overall its not a major problem tho its been like that in every GTA i've played
Old 05-14-2008   #15
angeloSD
Guns don't kill ppl, ppl do, monkey do to if you give them gun;)
Newbie Member

angeloSD is an unknown quantity at this point
the reason they did it is simple
if you stole vehicle it means you want to drive it, so in case you damage it, you have another one waiting for you one the road

and if you don't like looking around for car use Cheat spawming car quick and simple way to get more pleasure from driving
btw. its the only cheat i use as I dont like slow moving vehicles and as long as sumone already stole my cars twice from save place one banshee (DViper ) and one Rover Sport, plus sum missions reqire you to abandon your vehicle and than it isn't there anymore when you come back after mission, really spawning sport car is useful