Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2008   #1
x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z
I Run New York .
Amateur Member

x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z can only hope to improve
Question Rolled Over Achievement

I took the advice of some of the other guys from the previous thread.

I am currently at the airport & have done 4703689058305 flips, twists & turns ny jumping off the small yellow ramps.

And for some reason I don't get the achievement. Do I actually need to crash like land upside down or total the car?

Please help, thanks.

Xbox Live GamerTag x V i s u a L z

Littlelio;
But I really want to date some other hot chicks...
Hateatingpirate; Then get off the game an do it
x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #2
x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z
I Run New York .
Amateur Member

I'm looking like a stunt man landing all these ridiculous jumps.

Littlelio;
Old 05-09-2008   #3
dillinja

dillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished roaddillinja is on a distinguished road
maybe it needs to be rolled on its side, along the ground. i dunno man. keep trying.
dillinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #4
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Mine was a glitch. I did about 8 rolls and flips; didn't get the Achievement. Did it again but only 3 and "Achievement Unlocked."

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #5
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Make sure it's 5 flips in the same crash. Has to be all at once.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #6
snappy

snappy is on a distinguished roadsnappy is on a distinguished road
I just took a taxi, hit the yellow "danger blast" ramps with my right front wheel and did 5 perfect barrel rolls, landed on the wheels and got it..

But it did take for ever... Took atleast 20 tries..
Old 05-09-2008   #7
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Mine was a glitch. I did about 8 rolls and flips; didn't get the Achievement. Did it again but only 3 and "Achievement Unlocked."
Same thing here. I got over 5 flips many times and it didn't count. Got around a 7-8 flip one and that didn't count and then I did a single flip in the air and landed on my tires and got the achievement.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #8
Clayton
BINGO BANGO BONGO

Clayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant future
I got it, no idea how. Mine must've been a glitch like the others posted.

...Just what I've always wanted, a four-wheeled coffin to call home.
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #9
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't get this no matter how much I've tried, I've defo flipped more than 5 times, also can't get the "Chain Reaction" one, plus I'm starting to realise that thanks to the controls, I'm becoming bored and annoyed at the game and I'm already fucking sick of the trigger happy police.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #10
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I got the chain reaction achievement at the airport parking lot. Well, my brother did. He took a Cavalcade and pushed all of the vehicles into a pile and then pushed whatever else spawned again into it as well. We had around 20 vehicles piled up and we threw down a couple grenades.. or maybe molotovs. Either way. Got the achievement quicker than I thought when things started exploding.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #11
x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z
I Run New York .
Amateur Member

Feel your pain Ash. I think I just did 8 in total. [ 1 filp & 7 turns ] OBSURD !
Well, like the infamous song goes " Fuck The Police, Fuck Fuck The Police ! "
haha; Guess we'll have to keep on trying dodging them Red & Blue Lights for our acheivements.

Littlelio;
Old 05-09-2008   #12
CB

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Oh ash, you know that's not true. Take a break from Story, put your phone into Sleep Mode (which, by the way, is another excellent feature) and just have a chill out, see the sights etc.

Old 05-09-2008   #13
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Oh ash, you know that's not true. Take a break from Story, put your phone into Sleep Mode (which, by the way, is another excellent feature) and just have a chill out, see the sights etc.
I'll be honest, I was really enjoying the game when it was just Broker, Dukes and Bohan, ever since I've unlocked Algonquin the amount of fun has took a dive, and the police have had fire crackers shoved up their arses, I can't even sneeze without getting a single star, it's just annoying, 3+ Star cops I don't mind, but 1 and 2 star are just trigger happy retards and when I just want to walk around, I can't because I pushed over a trash can in the last block and now this cop wants to use me as target practice.
Old 05-09-2008   #14
CB

I can sort of see your point with the pigs. I only have to throw an empty coffee cup at someone and I'm running for my life. But the Pros outweigh the Cons.

LOL play some MP with some of the retards on there and you'll soon realise the cops aren't all bad

Old 05-09-2008   #15
Ash_735

Maybe I just need to take a break and go online, I'm trying to get those two achievements and I just can't get em, so fuck it, and just to mention, Algonquin has been a big disapointment up to now, but I'm hoping that's just the over sensitive cops affecting my judgement.