Old 05-08-2008   #1
phreak
wsup den

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Fucking Hell....

I just can't believe it. People are finding ways to glitch on MP. Now I know this isn't just me, I know what I saw. Okay so I'm on MP Free Roam and I was in this carpark sniping a guy below. He was armed with a rocket launcher but before he could shoot I shot him in the head. Well one shot didn't do it, so with my quick rate of fire from my combat sniper rifle I shot him 5 more times in the head, I saw the bullets hitting (player's head moves back, blood comes out) so I know I wasn't missing. He's still standing, launches a rocket but misses. As he's squaring up, I shoot him another 6-7 times, once again in the head. No luck, it's as if he's invincible, as he was not even trying to move so he was LETTING me shoot him. Then he launched another rocket and blew me out of the carpark. :\

Could be friendly fire but how is it possible? We weren't assigned teams and his rocket was doing plenty of damage to me once it hit.
Old 05-09-2008   #2
Draven
Newbie Member

Draven is an unknown quantity at this point
ive had something similar to this were one guy has had a pistol and i had a shotgun ive given him about 2-3 rounds at almost point blank range and he has not lost any health at all i was like WTF he did not have any body armour.

but i could see the blood coming from his body so i assumed he was cheating
Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #3
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe unrelated, but sniper rifles never seem to hit anything I aim at. What do you think?
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #4
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
When I use it in TDM I don't have any problems killing people with it. Never had that happen to me before.

It just might have been another bug, phreak. To his screen you might not have been shooting.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #5
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
This is one reason why I won't play any online matches against anyone I don't know. GTAIV is the only game I've ever cared enough about to play online, and I'm not going to have it ruined by some fuckwit who doesn't understand fair play.

You should report this to R* and the manufacturer of your console.
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #6
Q3ark
Newbie Member

Q3ark is an unknown quantity at this point
If he wasn't moving at at all, it could be lag or a bad connection (yours or his). To him you could have also appeared motionless if your systems aren't talking to the network. I've seen this happen whilst playing online with cod4 and back in the day playing medal of honour with a 56k dialup conection .
Q3ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #7
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
Yeah, lag is what sucks in online play, especially with snipers. I havent played online with gta 4 yet, but it has happened in halo. You think you have that perfect shot and are smiling because you are about to blow somebodys brains out, but then HEY, you get fucked over by lag, and you end up dead. It sucks.
Old 05-09-2008   #8
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Maybe the dude had bad connection, usually when you kill someone with a bad connection it takes alot to kill him.
Old 05-09-2008   #9
Masterjts

Masterjts is an unknown quantity at this point
You can edit your cache files with the PS3 so if you ran into this problem with the PS3 it might not be a glitch it might be a hack. If you ran into it on the 360 odds are good it was a glitch. I have already read a few posts on how to hack the PS3 MP so I know that is going to be very bad in the next coming months.
Masterjts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #10
phreak
wsup den

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Well what I meant by "not moving" was that he wasn't trying to dodge or find different cover, he was just staying right where he was. I know I was hitting him, but it appeared to me he was using some sort of infinite health/armor cheat. It could have been a number of things though, but it was quite strange to see. I really hope people aren't finding ways to cheat....On GTA of all games.
Old 05-09-2008   #11
unFunGames
Newbie Member

unFunGames can only hope to improve
you cant glitch/hack to dodge bullets....its lag that causes bullets that seem to hit, to actually miss.
unFunGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #12
GrungeRockCity
Outshined

GrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished roadGrungeRockCity is on a distinguished road
Anyone who cheats, and if I'm the one suffering the consequences of them doing so, will prompt me to leave the game, first and foremost, go online, report them to Sony, and smear their name with everybody I know through my music space, IMs, etc. Single player cheating I'll stand for. Multiplayer, though. That's different. I go in there to have fair fights with everybody. Or shoot the breeze, and enjoy myself (and I address the fucks in Free Roam who like to think it's the Deathmatch mode here). Not get my ass in a sling by some idiot who thinks it's the cool thing to be like Robocop or The Terminator, unable to be killed. This actually goes for all games I'm a part of, for the record.

That being said, it could've also been lag, or another glitch with Multiplayer. But if you're not ruling those out, or don't see any reason to, then the guy's just a fucking idiot who needs his PS3 smashed into a thousand pieces.

Official PSN ID: GrungeRevival18
GrungeRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #13
snappy

snappy is on a distinguished roadsnappy is on a distinguished road
Yeah more than likely it was a latency problem.. Ive shot someone with a full clip point blank with an M4 and they turn around and shoot me, then moments later they die too... Gets kinda annoying at times..
(this is on the 360 for me)
Old 05-10-2008   #14
nikothemute
Newbie Member

nikothemute is an unknown quantity at this point
i played in a free roam match like. all the players couldn't die from gunfire. the only way anybody would die was by impact such as getting hit by a car or hitting the ground/buildings after being shot by a rocket launcher.
nikothemute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #15
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Nikothemute, friendly fire was probably turned off.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote