Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2008   #1
aztk

aztk is an unknown quantity at this point
3 and 4 stars wanted levels are retarded

As soon as you kill a cop in a mission you get 3 stars and then all hell breaks loose. It seems everytime I get out of the radius some random cop on foot magically appears on the radar at the last second and spots me... annoying to no end. Cop chases last for hours ;/
aztk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #2
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
It's very very difficult to outrun them on foot. Helicopter or good driving skills are the key. Avoid the bridges or highways as they're always waiting with a barricade.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #3
raikkonen

raikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these parts
They say its easier to escape from cops now, maybe with only just 1 -3 stars are easy to get way from!?!?!
raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #4
SimonS
Pffft.

SimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of light
Good, im glad we get punished for killin an officer of the law
Old 05-08-2008   #5
raikkonen

raikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these parts
I really think it's good! but you won't get stars if you just put out your weapons. Thats not realistic.... considering that the reason for barricading the bridges is the terrorist threat! they should have been more strict!!
Old 05-08-2008   #6
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
I've gotten cops after me just for running around with a gun out
Old 05-08-2008   #7
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I've had cops after me starting from pushing a cop over in the street!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #8
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
u also get a star just for trying a car door not even breaking the window
Old 05-08-2008   #9
Cpt_Chris
Amateur Member

Cpt_Chris is on a distinguished roadCpt_Chris is on a distinguished road
im glad you made this post, as i am having a similar problem. I have yet to see any fib or fbi cars or whatever.. it seems like once i get any stars above 4, its just all the wanted levels are the same difficulty. i have escaped 6 stars a few times and i think its because of the missing fbi...maybe they dont come until a certain part in the main story? i dont know but i unlocked all three islands
Cpt_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #10
raikkonen

i saw some gameplay videos with their gun out, but cops won't arrest him or peds won't call the police. it the video review of X play with morgan! maybe they use cheats for no wanted level?!?!
Old 05-08-2008   #11
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I like the new cop system. Playing with Slim on MP yesterday and he was with me when I escaped 5 stars twice. I think its really easy. Just use the alley ways, the cops only search the areas you were last seen. So if you use the alley ways you can get away from them easier than you can on the road. When a cop drives past when your exposed to the road in the alley way just take cover behind something. So I recommend that.

If you have good driving skills, get a fast car and put the pedal to the metal on the highways. Easy.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #12
aztk

This is the 3rd time in a row that I fail a mission because of the f***ing cops, and I'm getting quite frustrated. They seem to spawn from everywhere (3 stars). I crashed my car out of the radius and fell in the water and of COURSE A POLICE BOAT SPAWNS OUT OF NOWHERE AND KILLS ME
Old 05-08-2008   #13
aztk

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
I like the new cop system. Playing with Slim on MP yesterday and he was with me when I escaped 5 stars twice. I think its really easy. Just use the alley ways, the cops only search the areas you were last seen. So if you use the alley ways you can get away from them easier than you can on the road. When a cop drives past when your exposed to the road in the alley way just take cover behind something. So I recommend that.

If you have good driving skills, get a fast car and put the pedal to the metal on the highways. Easy.
I do that on the highway but there are always cop cars coming from the opposite direction so the radius reboots constantly ;/
Old 05-08-2008   #14
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I don't think they're that tough. I really miss the FIB and the army. All you see are cops and swat teams and that helicopter. I love goin around MP in my own, knocking the tails off all the helicopters chasing other players.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #15
lillb
Casual User

i find the wanted star levels to be skewed when ur in a mission 2 or 3 s tars is always more like 4 or 5 during a mission
cause 2 or 3 stars in normal play is cake to get away from