Old 05-07-2008   #16
MrXakaRebel
Mr.X aka The Rebel

MrXakaRebel is on a distinguished roadMrXakaRebel is on a distinguished road
simple fact of the matter is nobody cares what a moron wants
Old 05-07-2008   #17
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivakia View Post
- Super cops. When you're driving in a police car, they can go faster than you at top speed, even though they're using police cars too.

- When you die and respawn at the hospital, you lose at least 10% of whatever money you have. I had $35,000 and lost about $4,000 each time that I died.

- The guns in the game aren't realistic.

- Mission replay is very frustrating

- Super Tables. Apparently, bullets can't go through tables in this game. That's pretty easy to program, too.

- The wall cover sucks.

- The game has bad physics. I was driving a truck and the second that I hit the grassy area on the map, I flipped and got an achievement for the consecutive car rolls.

- Where are my features? Getting haircuts, tattoos, etc.

- No planes

- The map is Linear. San Andreas had an entire countryside where you could do whatever you wanted. It was huge.

- Payout doesn't equal loss. I lost $20,000 on the mission "Undressed to Kill" because of dying so many times. The payout for the mission wasn't even close to how much I lost.

- The soundtrack sucks

- No Area 51

- No big mountain

- The cops spawn automatically when you have a wanted level. You also can't see them until they get to a certain point on the map, so you don't know when they're coming.

- Fast cars suck in this game

- Cheating blocks achievements

So. Can anyone argue these points? Yeah, I didn't think so.....
1. I agree with ash.
2. Deal with it bro, but don't come on here and give us a sob show. This is a discussion board, but nobody wants to dicuss whether the game sucks or not. Its great.
" I' am looking for that special someone" who knows "Maybe things will be different". All I'm trying to say is. Whoops wait a second here, "Move up ladies", there we go. All I am trying to say is not "everyone is a rat". "Good lord man, what are you doing"!?!?!

Trying to put all the names of the trailer is to a small statement.
Old 05-07-2008   #18
nYgel

nYgel is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, people keep complaining about the no customization stuff. the only reason that was cool was so you could show your friends the goofy ass afro your fat character had. beyond that, who cares.... this is miles ahead of SA. I thought SA was a cool game when it was release, but now I look back and wonder what was so much better about it than VC? little.
Old 05-07-2008   #19
RyanEmerica13
The Dude, dude

RyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished roadRyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished road
I say dont feed the fire here peeps. More of them will keep crawling from hell if you keep arguing.
Old 05-07-2008   #20
kingcars

kingcars is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
- Super cops. When you're driving in a police car, they can go faster than you at top speed, even though they're using police cars too.
Every played SA, VC, or III? It's the same story in those games too. Oh, and you forgot to mention how on the highways in SA, civilians drive at like 150mph and constantly wreck.

Quote:
- When you die and respawn at the hospital, you lose at least 10% of whatever money you have. I had $35,000 and lost about $4,000 each time that I died.

- Payout doesn't equal loss. I lost $20,000 on the mission "Undressed to Kill" because of dying so many times. The payout for the mission wasn't even close to how much I lost.
Ok...GTA IV is not a difficult game...here's an easy solution: DONT DIE. I beat Undressed to Kill on my first try. I've only had to replay maybe 2 or 3 missions, and I'm not some amazingly good GTA player.

Quote:
- The guns in the game aren't realistic.
And since when were guns realistic in SA, VC, or III?

Quote:
- Mission replay is very frustrating
I've only had like 2 missions I ever had to do more than once, and I'm on the 3rd main island. So you apparently suck. Oh, and even then, it's A LOT less frustrating than old GTAs where you'd have to drive all the way back and listen to the same old dialog etc etc

Quote:
- Super Tables. Apparently, bullets can't go through tables in this game. That's pretty easy to program, too.
If you're such a leet programmer, go ahead and do it yourself. That's a pretty petty argument to have against a game. Cant shoot through tables? Give me a break.

Quote:
- The wall cover sucks.
Judging by the fact you die a lot and have to keep replaying missions, I feel it's safe to say that you NEVER use wall cover.

Quote:
- The game has bad physics. I was driving a truck and the second that I hit the grassy area on the map, I flipped and got an achievement for the consecutive car rolls.
Learn how to drive. I'm a huge racing game fan and I absolutely LOVE the new physics. Here I tell ya what: Go take your mom's sedan (or whatever she has), take it up to about 60mph and see how well it can do a 90 degree right hand turn. Be sure to report back once you're out of the hospital.

Quote:
- Where are my features? Getting haircuts, tattoos, etc.
Sorry man, a huge fat Niko with a mohawk and a tie die shirt just wouldnt fit with the game. Hate to break it to ya.

Quote:
- No planes
Remember 9/11? Remember all the controversy this game already has following it around? Yeah that's the LAST thing they needed to do. Even so, planes wouldn't be all that practical in such a conjested city.

Quote:
- The map is Linear. San Andreas had an entire countryside where you could do whatever you wanted. It was huge.
Sounds to me like you need to learn your vocabulary. The map isn't linear. It may be smaller, but nowhere NEAR linear. For an example of a linear map, go play Half Life 2. Besides, San Andreas was really desolate compared to LC.

Quote:
- The soundtrack sucks
There's no argument for this since it is purely personal preference. But for me, songs like Rocky Mountain Way by Joe Walsh and Evil Woman by ELO are awesome.

Quote:
- No Area 51
Go to NYC and tell me when you find Area 51.

Quote:
- No big mountain
Go to NYC and tell me when you find a huge mountain.

Quote:
- The cops spawn automatically when you have a wanted level. You also can't see them until they get to a certain point on the map, so you don't know when they're coming.
And this is different in SA hooooow....

Quote:
- Fast cars suck in this game
Really? Or you just suck. You lost $20,000 from dying on a mission that I beat on my first try; driving a fast car should be out of the question.

Quote:
- Cheating blocks achievements
LOL. Now THAT is hilarious. "Damn that Rockstar for making achievements fair"

Quote:
So. Can anyone argue these points? Yeah, I didn't think so.....
Dang man, yeah, you got us good

Last edited by kingcars; 05-07-2008 at 07:03 PM..
Old 05-07-2008   #21
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
- The guns in the game aren't realistic?

And in SA they were?

Dual wielded sawn off shotguns and a mini gun, please. I'll admit, SA was an absolute blast to begin with, as was every previous GTA. In fact, I could play III & Vice City right now even though I have IV, but this is next gen and from now on I can see future GTA titles following the path of IV. The realism is spot on and Euphoria rocks.

I agree with kingcars' point about the maps - how often did you see any form of life when flatting it out in the desert? Las Venturas was so dense in population, it was physically boring to be there. I preferred San Fierro personally, but nonetheless, I can't fault SA for being a great game of it's time, but it's stupid to even compare to IV.

Old 05-07-2008   #22
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Well first of all, flaming him isn't helping the situation.

Sure, I agree, his opinion is uninformed and based on retarded reasons.

But calling him idiot and moron isn't a mature way to respond to this thread. Argue against his points, try to prove him wrong.

Jumping in and going "LOLLOL LEWK AT THIS FUCKIN RETTARD ROFL" is... fucking retarded.

Ash's post was quality btw.

And so was Bennifer's.

CTRL+O your mind indeed.
Old 05-07-2008   #23
Jmaz98
What the Folk
Newbie Member

Jmaz98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why are you complaining so much? GTA 4 is a great game with great physics and a great story, not to mention the countless things that you will encounter in Liberty City unlike San Andreas. If you want to play GTA SA then go ahead...
Old 05-07-2008   #24
CynicalBastard
Banned
Banned

CynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these parts
Quote:
- So. Can anyone argue these points? Yeah, I didn't think so.....
I'd love to argue. Idiots are fun to argue with.
Old 05-07-2008   #25
Zeshil

Zeshil is on a distinguished roadZeshil is on a distinguished roadZeshil is on a distinguished roadZeshil is on a distinguished road
Solid reason to why you wasted time making this "thread" is what exactly?

Face it, each game has its pros and cons
there is no such thing as a perfect game, what you think sucks many think is awesome.
Old 05-07-2008   #26
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcars View Post
Every played SA, VC, or III? It's the same story in those games too. Oh, and you forgot to mention how on the highways in SA, civilians drive at like 150mph and constantly wreck.

Ok...GTA IV is not a difficult game...here's an easy solution: DONT DIE. I beat Undressed to Kill on my first try. I've only had to replay maybe 2 or 3 missions, and I'm not some amazingly good GTA player.

And since when were guns realistic in SA, VC, or III?

I've only had like 2 missions I ever had to do more than once, and I'm on the 3rd main island. So you apparently suck. Oh, and even then, it's A LOT less frustrating than old GTAs where you'd have to drive all the way back and listen to the same old dialog etc etc

If you're such a leet programmer, go ahead and do it yourself. That's a pretty petty argument to have against a game. Cant shoot through tables? Give me a break.

Judging by the fact you die a lot and have to keep replaying missions, I feel it's safe to say that you NEVER use wall cover.

Learn how to drive. I'm a huge racing game fan and I absolutely LOVE the new physics. Here I tell ya what: Go take your mom's sedan (or whatever she has), take it up to about 60mph and see how well it can do a 90 degree right hand turn. Be sure to report back once you're out of the hospital.

Sorry man, a huge fat Niko with a mohawk and a tie die shirt just wouldnt fit with the game. Hate to break it to ya.

Remember 9/11? Remember all the controversy this game already has following it around? Yeah that's the LAST thing they needed to do. Even so, planes wouldn't be all that practical in such a conjested city.

Sounds to me like you need to learn your vocabulary. The map isn't linear. It may be smaller, but nowhere NEAR linear. For an example of a linear map, go play Half Life 2. Besides, San Andreas was really desolate compared to LC.

There's no argument for this since it is purely personal preference. But for me, songs like Rocky Mountain Way by Joe Walsh and Evil Woman by ELO are awesome.

Go to NYC and tell me when you find Area 51.

Go to NYC and tell me when you find a huge mountain.

And this is different in SA hooooow....

Really? Or you just suck. You lost $20,000 from dying on a mission that I beat on my first try; driving a fast car should be out of the question.

LOL. Now THAT is hilarious. "Damn that Rockstar for making achievements fair"

Dang man, yeah, you got us good
QFT
epic win from kingcars
Old 05-07-2008   #27
Poseidon417

Poseidon417 is an unknown quantity at this point
- The soundtrack sucks

God forbid they use NYC-area music.

- No Area 51

Because we all know Groom Lake is in the middle of Central Park in real life.

- No big mountain

Oh yeah, forgot that the Catskills are in NYC.
Old 05-07-2008   #28
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
Just, lolling @ you.

(topic starter)

Last edited by Qontrol; 05-07-2008 at 07:58 PM..
Old 05-07-2008   #29
raikkonen

raikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these parts
GTA: San Andreas was Groundbreaking but, Gta 4 is a Masterpiece!!
Old 05-07-2008   #30
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Okay, not having planes is NOT about 9/11, why don't people understand that PLANES in a CITY is stupid? In NY, do you take a plane to the other end of NY? Jeez, I used to live in Minneapolis, I don't see many people going from one side of the city to another, in a plane.

[img][/img]

click me

Last edited by Lao Boy; 05-07-2008 at 08:19 PM..
Closed Thread