Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2008   #1
Ivakia
Newbie Member

Ivakia is infamous around these partsIvakia is infamous around these parts
Solid Reasons as to why Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas IS a better game....

- Super cops. When you're driving in a police car, they can go faster than you at top speed, even though they're using police cars too.

- When you die and respawn at the hospital, you lose at least 10% of whatever money you have. I had $35,000 and lost about $4,000 each time that I died.

- The guns in the game aren't realistic.

- Mission replay is very frustrating

- Super Tables. Apparently, bullets can't go through tables in this game. That's pretty easy to program, too.

- The wall cover sucks.

- The game has bad physics. I was driving a truck and the second that I hit the grassy area on the map, I flipped and got an achievement for the consecutive car rolls.

- Where are my features? Getting haircuts, tattoos, etc.

- No planes

- The map is Linear. San Andreas had an entire countryside where you could do whatever you wanted. It was huge.

- Payout doesn't equal loss. I lost $20,000 on the mission "Undressed to Kill" because of dying so many times. The payout for the mission wasn't even close to how much I lost.

- The soundtrack sucks

- No Area 51

- No big mountain

- The cops spawn automatically when you have a wanted level. You also can't see them until they get to a certain point on the map, so you don't know when they're coming.

- Fast cars suck in this game

- Cheating blocks achievements

So. Can anyone argue these points? Yeah, I didn't think so.....
You're a glass of Holy Water
Old 05-07-2008   #2
Motkia
desu
Newbie Member

Motkia is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
yeah, not even you.
Old 05-07-2008   #3
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
So you prefer quantity over quality?

Old 05-07-2008   #4
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
Man, i wouldnt start this if i were you as you will get it handed to you. I would but i dont have the time to give you hundreds of reasons gta 4 is better, starting with the graphics, the smarter AI, car physics, gun sounds, detail to surroundings, etc...but im sure other people in here will voice what i feel.
Old 05-07-2008   #5
Strike.

Strike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enough
Although the San Andreas map was bigger a lot of it was dead space where there wasn't much to do. I must have only explored the countryside about 3 or 4 times, because there was nothing of interest there. In Liberty City there is a load of different things to explore, although I have just started the game.
Old 05-07-2008   #6
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I noticed you are comparing the two titles with very little mention of San Andreas; how is this possible? To compare you need to look into both games pros and cons.

For example, you said:

Quote:
- The wall cover sucks.
Yet, how can you compare this point of view to San Andreas when that game didn't even have wall cover.
Old 05-07-2008   #7
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivakia View Post
- Super cops. When you're driving in a police car, they can go faster than you at top speed, even though they're using police cars too.
I've not noticed thata nd I've been in lots of chases, are you sure you're driving properly?

Quote:
- When you die and respawn at the hospital, you lose at least 10% of whatever money you have. I had $35,000 and lost about $4,000 each time that I died.
Welcome to America, more visits to the hospital and more damage you take will increase your insurance bill drastic.

Quote:
- The guns in the game aren't realistic.
At least they are a lot more realistic than San Andreas, which sucked the most.

Quote:
- Mission replay is very frustrating
Don't fail the missions then, learn to play the game.

Quote:
- Super Tables. Apparently, bullets can't go through tables in this game. That's pretty easy to program, too.
This was the same in San Andreas too, so how can San Andreas be better?

Quote:
- The wall cover sucks.
This wasn't in San Andreas either, at least this game provides you with the option to cover, don't like it, don't use it!

Quote:
- The game has bad physics. I was driving a truck and the second that I hit the grassy area on the map, I flipped and got an achievement for the consecutive car rolls.
Yeah, bad physics, this is definetly a troll reason.

Quote:
- Where are my features? Getting haircuts, tattoos, etc.
You know, I've heard that another game is better than San Andreas for this, it's called Saints Row, if you want to play Barbie and dress up then go ahead.

Quote:
- No planes
Yeah, America gives planes out to EVERY Eastern European immigrant these days.

Quote:
- The map is Linear. San Andreas had an entire countryside where you could do whatever you wanted. It was huge.
The countryside and desert were boring, well the desert was good, but still, not much happened, at least in Liberty City something is always going on.

Quote:
- Payout doesn't equal loss. I lost $20,000 on the mission "Undressed to Kill" because of dying so many times. The payout for the mission wasn't even close to how much I lost.
It's not our fault or Rockstars fault you suck at the game.

Quote:
- The soundtrack sucks
You have no music taste.

Quote:
- No Area 51
Again, apart from one mission, you couldn't do anything there.

Quote:
- No big mountain
Boo Whoo, go play San Andreas then, no one is stopping you.

Quote:
- The cops spawn automatically when you have a wanted level. You also can't see them until they get to a certain point on the map, so you don't know when they're coming.
Cops from outside the radius spawn, yeah, also try using the radar, it lets you know approaching enemies pretty damn well to avoid them.

Quote:
- Fast cars suck in this game
I agree, damn realism.

Quote:
- Cheating blocks achievements
Makes the game fair, why should someone who cheats there way through the game deserve the awards of someone who put all the work in? Again, you must be a crappy player.

Quote:
Check mate.
Old 05-07-2008   #8
snappy

snappy is on a distinguished roadsnappy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
- Super cops. When you're driving in a police car, they can go faster than you at top speed, even though they're using police cars too. Hmm never had a problem losing the cops..

- When you die and respawn at the hospital, you lose at least 10% of whatever money you have. I had $35,000 and lost about $4,000 each time that I died. Um Ok Point being what?? Ever been to the hospital for a surgery?

- The guns in the game aren't realistic. How are they not? So running down a street with a DILDO is??

- Mission replay is very frustrating How so? never bothered me.

- Super Tables. Apparently, bullets can't go through tables in this game. That's pretty easy to program, too. Last time i Checked bullets couldnt go thro tables in SA either.

- The wall cover sucks. Mainly because you cant use it..

- The game has bad physics. I was driving a truck and the second that I hit the grassy area on the map, I flipped and got an achievement for the consecutive car rolls. MMKay... so whats the point in this one?

- Where are my features? Getting haircuts, tattoos, etc. Its called Barbies Hairstlye/tattoo Adventure.
Go play that

- No planes. mmkay, but theres helicopters, and rockstar even said there was not gonna be planes, as it would make the city fell small.

- The map is Linear. San Andreas had an entire countryside where you could do whatever you wanted. It was huge. Too huge for its own good.. Was boring as hell driving 20 mins to get to a new mission.

- Payout doesn't equal loss. I lost $20,000 on the mission "Undressed to Kill" because of dying so many times. The payout for the mission wasn't even close to how much I lost. Learn to use the cover system..

- The soundtrack sucks. Personally Preference

- No Area 51 OH NOES!!

- No big mountain. No but there are huge sky scrappers

- The cops spawn automatically when you have a wanted level. You also can't see them until they get to a certain point on the map, so you don't know when they're coming. Same as all of the GTA's

- Fast cars suck in this game Personal Preference

- Cheating blocks achievements AWW Cry more... Dont use cheats..

So. Can anyone argue these points? Yeah, I didn't think so.... Yeah I just did...
Answers are in bold.. okay.. Have a nice day troll..

Last edited by snappy; 05-07-2008 at 05:29 PM..
Old 05-07-2008   #9
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Jesus, I think someone drank a lot of retard juice today.

While we encourage open discussion on GTA Forums, it is after all Liberty City's premier phone in station, I'm tired of all the hating going on.
  • The physics are awesome. So awesome infact, the Euphoria system is getting award after award.
  • The cover is great. It needs tweaking, but it's a HELL of a lot better than most games.
  • You need skill to get achievements. This isn't Lost: Via Domus or Avatar: TLA-TBE. Simple as that.
  • The whole system is about "achieving" not taking back doors to get more points to add to the size of your internet dick.

I miss the countryside too. Maybe they'll put one in the next game, but New York doesn't have much green spaces.

The soundtrack is awesome, I like most of it. Maybe if you didn't listen to everything that the Big Music Industry Machina pushed onto you, you might have to discover different types of music and eventually like them. CTRL+O your mind.

Area 51 was stupid and rediculous and took away from the credibility of the story. Niko is a humble immigrant. He's not going to discover aliens.

And quit bitching about the game being harder. Maybe if you had skill and worked on being good at the game instead of using cheats, you wouldn't die so much and lose your precious money.

See ya.

Last edited by bennifer3000; 05-07-2008 at 05:29 PM..
Old 05-07-2008   #10
yimpat
Registered Loser

yimpat is on a distinguished roadyimpat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
-

So they didn't spawn in San Andreas when u had a wanted level?wait?therefore....no cops...ever?In San Andreas u cant ever see the cops on the radar yet they always know where u are...thats so much better!!Your logic is ridiculously flawed.I hope your about 10 years old,cause then I could understand your idiocy,otherwise...fuck your dumb.

Last edited by yimpat; 05-07-2008 at 05:32 PM..
Old 05-07-2008   #11
CB

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Ash schooled you bitch. Now let's all point and laugh.

Old 05-07-2008   #12
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
Awww i knew i could count on you guys lol!
Old 05-07-2008   #13
CB

No planes? Um think about it; planes, New York. Remember 9/11? Could you even comprehend the intensity of outrage? That would be giving Mr Thompson the easiest fucking excuse to ban this game ever.

Old 05-07-2008   #14
MrXakaRebel
Mr.X aka The Rebel

MrXakaRebel is on a distinguished roadMrXakaRebel is on a distinguished road
where do these retards come from?
Old 05-07-2008   #15
Strike.

Strike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
No planes? Um think about it; planes, New York. Remember 9/11? Could you even comprehend the intensity of outrage? That would be giving Mr Thompson the easiest fucking excuse to ban this game ever.

I would have at least liked a light aircraft that you could fly in. Perhaps something similar to the Dodo in GTA III.
Closed Thread