Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008   #1
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
Another Disappointment Thread

Don't get me wrong, I love this game. But like any game it's got it's flaws, and lets face it, GTA is always a little bit overhyped. I figure this thread will prevent any further, since noone likes to see them, which means this will probably fail miserably.

My biggest beef is just with the missions. It seems like all it is is "go kill that guy, go kill this guy." That and the fact that none of the elevators work in MP so you have to climb all those damn stairs.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #2
Sharpshot

Sharpshot is on a distinguished roadSharpshot is on a distinguished road
well what else do you do in the criminal underworld (in a real one similar to GTA IV's) ? hijack an airliner and fly it to another city to assassinate someone?
Posted by Enemyinsurgent telling why GTA sucks because it's not like your "awesome Saints Row...where you can have fucking super awesome fucking flamethrowers! And you can like have the super fucking awesome ability to recruit people!
Sharpshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #3
CynicalBastard
Banned
Banned

CynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these parts
Well thank god no one gives a shit about your opinion.
CynicalBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #4
AstroFan

AstroFan is an unknown quantity at this point
I really wish you could take pics on your camera and save them, and it would be cool to upload them to the internet like Halo or Forza.
Old 05-07-2008   #5
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't say disappointed, I had some issues with the game myself most notably the absence of classic GTA weapons such as the chainsaw, mini-gun and the flamethrower. The mission structure mid-game was irratating as well, chase missions are fine in small doses but in my opinion they were greatly overdone in IV.

I still think it is the best game I've played this decade though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalBastard View Post
Well thank god no one gives a shit about your opinion.
Clearly you did if you decided to comment about it.
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #6
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Luciphear is an unknown quantity at this point
There are flaws, sure, nothing major though. Let's see how expansion packs/DLC impacts on the game. Hopefully in a positive way. :p
I wonder if they're going to do like they did previously, GTA3->Vice City->San Andreas, or if they just keep building on this one for quite some time..
Luciphear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #7
Osheem

Osheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enough
I really wanted this game to be offline multiplayer, so that I can play with a friend on the same console and not have to ask him to go home and turn his ps3 on every time we want to play the game together
Osheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #8
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Basically Rockstar have a new template to work on and now they have endless possibilities. They just need stay friends with NaturalMotion and this beautiful Euphoria engine.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #9
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
I'm just happy I haven't had any glitches or problems people have been complaining about. I do get frustrated at the missions ... but who doesn't just love the feeling that one gets when they pass a mission?

This is the best game I've played in this generation, and maybe halfway through last generation.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #10
CynicalBastard
Banned
Banned

CynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these partsCynicalBastard is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I wouldn't say disappointed, I had some issues with the game myself most notably the absence of classic GTA weapons such as the chainsaw, mini-gun and the flamethrower. The mission structure mid-game was irratating as well, chase missions are fine in small doses but in my opinion they were greatly overdone in IV.

I still think it is the best game I've played this decade though.

Clearly you did if you decided to comment about it.
Profound logic, I come in to flame him due to me not caring what so ever about his opinion and his need to post it.
CynicalBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #11
MrXakaRebel
Mr.X aka The Rebel

MrXakaRebel is on a distinguished roadMrXakaRebel is on a distinguished road
if your disappointed return your copy, let the rest of us just fuckin enjoy it, your opinions are irrelevant
MrXakaRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #12
Strike.

Strike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXakaRebel View Post
if your disappointed return your copy, let the rest of us just fuckin enjoy it, your opinions are irrelevant
A bit like yours then, eh?
Strike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #13
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
I just simply love how people bash others who speak their mind.
Deep inside we ALL know GTA 4 misses something.
But on the other hand it's so much better than the other GTA's as well.

It's a great game, probably one of the best around (for now).
But it doesn't deserv all the 10/10 scores.
Because there ARE some minor mistakes/let downs.

And no I'm not talking bout the driving cause I absolutely love the driving (although it spins a bit to fast)!
It's really repetive, even more than older gta's BUT the fact HOW they are repetive makes things fantastic.
Just look at the bank heist.
It's just another go steal that money mission.
But HOW it's set up is great!

Alot of the dissapointments are because of the hype.
Lots of things were left out.

There are extremist in both ways.
Some bash the game constantly, and some praise it like it's their god.
In my honestly opinion people should find the golden way.
Which means: Love the game to it's extent but don't deny the few mistakes/let downs.

Anyway I'm glad it doesn't live up to the hype, because now there's room for improvement.
Old 05-08-2008   #14
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
CynicalBastard and MrXakaRebel: I would appreciate you respecting the opinions of other forum users. Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion doesn't mean it's less valid. This is a discussion forum as you might have noticed, and if you can't handle other people having different opinions than you or if you can't properly express why you disagree with someone you really have no business here.

The same goes for the rest of you.

Last edited by ZCAB; 05-08-2008 at 04:10 AM..
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #15
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshot View Post
well what else do you do in the criminal underworld (in a real one similar to GTA IV's) ? hijack an airliner and fly it to another city to assassinate someone?
It's a game, not a simulator.