Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2008   #1
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Niko Heading to San Andreas?

It's probably nothing, just something I found while browsing my daily gaming news.

To say that this will be the DLC, well that's just crazy. I won't totally rule it out but the amount of time it would take to create and render a whole new San Andreas would be years, look how long it took them to do just Liberty City.
Old 05-09-2008   #2
1stJuankPilot

1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road
I was wondering how awsome it would be if they did the next gen game in San Andreas....Kind of like they re-did Liberty City. Making previous cities better and more in depth....idk, just a thought. Because as far as location, where do you go from here? Sure you could always do a Paris, Asian city or something like that, but how appealing would that be to everyone? You dont want to do a Chicago type city because its on the same scenery level as Libery aka Gridlocked streets, etc. Miami, LA, SF and Vegas already been covered...Not sure how appealing cities like Dallas, Denver, Boston would be for for game scenarios......Idk, re-making previous ones doesnt sound like a bad ideal. But who knows....good find either way!

Personally I wouldnt mind them
1stJuankPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #3
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
San Andreas wouldn't be done, it would have to be city by city. San Andreas had lots of space, but there was never really any flavor or atmosphere. If they make it, it will have to be one game for Los Santos alone.
Old 05-09-2008   #4
jwuk
Newbie Member

jwuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Would'nt be too hard to make it, they already have the game engine, and San Andreas mapped out, they could export a load of stuff from Liberty City like vehicles, peds, buildings, etc, all they need to do is add some palm trees and a bit of extra terrain really. And San Fierro wasn't much different to parts of Liberty City, just steeper hills.

It's not like the difference between the past three games, which all had completely different buildings and stuff.
jwuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #5
Nikolai

Nikolai is an unknown quantity at this point
Would it even be the same San Andreas anyway?

I'd prefer to see a new San Andreas, the old one had some nice places, but a lot of it was wide open space that is just unnecessary.
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #6
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I don't think we'll see another San Andreas til the next gen after this. Think about it, if they made San Andreas, the sheer size of the map would make the rest of the game a downsize from LC as far as detail and stuff like that. Now, if they returned to San Andreas first thing for the next-gen, it'd be amazing. 3 cities the size of LC, with lots of random land in between. It'd be nice if they made more use for that land, even though I enjoyed it anyways.

LC looks amazing enough in HD, imagine being able to see all that, then going to the country side and catching the beautiful sunset from out there.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #7
aztk

aztk is an unknown quantity at this point
That's fake. If he were to take a plane, he would take it to one of the 3 cities of San Andreas! You can't book a flight to a state!
aztk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #8
x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z
I Run New York .
Amateur Member

x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z can only hope to improve
Aztk; You def. live under a rock.

Correction: A FUCKING BOULDER !
Your an idiot, plain & simple
It's a GAME.

Xbox Live GamerTag x V i s u a L z

Littlelio;
But I really want to date some other hot chicks...
Hateatingpirate; Then get off the game an do it
x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #9
aztk

aztk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z View Post

It's a GAME.
Do you see the irony in what I put in bold? Probably not.
aztk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #10
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_V_i_s_u_a_L_z View Post

It's a GAME.
There is no need for that sort of post. Consider this a warning, don't break the rules again, next time you'll get a ban.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #11
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
What I don't understand is, I didn't know you could buy plane tickets that say on it, "I'm flying from New York City to CALIFORNIA!".

There would have to be a city defined there, San Andreas isn't a city, nor was there the "Airport of San Andreas" in the game. It's just a little easter egg, nothing to get really excited about.
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #12
Leeham

Leeham is on a distinguished roadLeeham is on a distinguished road
It says Oxo on the side of buses - doesn't mean they sell it
Leeham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #13
John Connor

John Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwanza View Post
What I don't understand is, I didn't know you could buy plane tickets that say on it, "I'm flying from New York City to CALIFORNIA!".

There would have to be a city defined there, San Andreas isn't a city, nor was there the "Airport of San Andreas" in the game. It's just a little easter egg, nothing to get really excited about.
I never thought of that. Yeah, I guess theres no way this is real, just a homage. Nothing to see here.
"I feel it on the inside, twisting and contorting. Memory has shaped me once again. Still feel you on the inside, biting and stinging. Will I ever forget to remember?" - Mudvayne, "Forget to Remember"
John Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #14
J5-
ďAnd when Iím gone, everyone gonna remember my name, Big Smoke.Ē
Newbie Member

J5- is an unknown quantity at this point
Nahh,theres no way thats an inch close to downloadable content.

To be frankly honest with you, I think San Andreas is done. Like it was cool and all, but I think that if anything were to come second, it would atleast maybe be a Vice City, or somthing, an updated modern Vice City.

Liberty City Hardcore!
Liberty City Hardcore!
Liberty City Hardcore!
F_ck you!
J5- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #15
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
They wouldn't dare do a modern Vice City, they know it'd completely lose the vibe of the 80s, and that was the highlight of the game.
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote