Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008   #1
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
A review I most definately agree with

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review..._theft_auto_iv
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #2
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Wow, may i have those 5 minutes of my life back please? What a waste of time. There's so many things i dissagree with that i dont even know where to start so i wont.

I have to say though, praising the game on one hand and then cursing it in the same sentence gets old very fast, as he did in pretty much every sentence of that article.
Old 05-07-2008   #3
DMannDD

DMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupi View Post
Wow, may i have those 5 minutes of my life back please? What a waste of time. There's so many things i dissagree with that i dont even know where to start so i wont.

I have to say though, praising the game on one hand and then cursing it in the same sentence gets old very fast, as he did in pretty much every sentence of that article.
Agreed. I know every reviewer has there opinion but I would never visit that site again. How you can bash the game at the very core of what Rockstar was doing and still give it a A-, shows how ignorant the writer/reviewer was. And I know he praised it for the standard it was set to by previous games. But, in my opinion he was looking for some traffic as the first idiot to bash GTA IV in a review.

EDIT:How can you even have any respect for a reviewer that does not even explain the unbelievable effects of the Euphoria Engine??

Last edited by DMannDD; 05-07-2008 at 01:15 PM..
DMannDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #4
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I love how it's a new fad to bash GTA IV, everyone is starting to do it as if it were the "cool" thing to do. I'm sorry that the game did not meet your expectations, if you like VC or GTA III more then that's fine, go play them for the millionth time. I am quite enjoying GTA IV myself but these threads are getting very tiring.
Old 05-07-2008   #5
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
That's what happens when something becomes popular, there's always the few who feel they need to be individuals and bash something that's loved across the board.

Sure, it has problems, but everything is forgivable because of the sheer mass of the game.
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #6
greekgoat91
Liberty City Survivor Winner

greekgoat91 is on a distinguished roadgreekgoat91 is on a distinguished road
the only review that matters:
http://www.giantbomb.com/2008/05/05/...can-anti-hero/
Old 05-07-2008   #7
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
Game Revolution isn't a site that does something different "in order to be cool". Some of you guys are just blinded by the perfect scores this game has gotten.
Who doesn't know about the game's good points? We've all read them before. Heck, he even says in the beginning of his review that you should go out and buy this game.
It's the fact that this game has numerous problems, some small, some big. That's why a perfect score just isn't justified.
I was blinded by the hype too. Heck, I even bought a PS3 for this game. It's certainly awesome, but those reviewers who gave it 10/10 made it look like it's the Mecca of Gaming.

Last edited by Japisee; 05-07-2008 at 02:13 PM..
Old 05-07-2008   #8
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Nirvana is awful. BAD ANALOGY
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #9
Japisee
Addicted Member

Wait, I meant Mecca.
Old 05-07-2008   #10
qwertyguy
The alien banger.

qwertyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
Nirvana is awful. BAD ANALOGY
Nirvana also means enlightenment.
Buddhists goal is to find inner peace and reach NIRVANA.
Just saying...
Although he also colud've meant the band.
Still a bad reviewer.

Thanks to Razor for the sig.
MySpace
qwertyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #11
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Sounded like he was talking about the band. I blame MTV.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #12
qwertyguy
The alien banger.

qwertyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh, just read his post.

Thanks to Razor for the sig.
MySpace
qwertyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #13
DMannDD

DMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgoat91 View Post
Much more insightful review. He explains what makes this game great. If these weren't the types of things you were looking for than no you won't be so impressed by it.
DMannDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #14
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japisee View Post
Game Revolution isn't a site that does something different "in order to be cool". Some of you guys are just blinded by the perfect scores this game has gotten.
Who doesn't know about the game's good points? We've all read them before. Heck, he even says in the beginning of his review that you should go out and buy this game.
It's the fact that this game has numerous problems, some small, some big. That's why a perfect score just isn't justified.
I was blinded by the hype too. Heck, I even bought a PS3 for this game. It's certainly awesome, but those reviewers who gave it 10/10 made it look like it's the Mecca of Gaming.
Sorry, I wasn't sticking it to you or anything. It just seems like there's more and more of these threads sprouting every day and it's like the only goal in mind is to stir up a ruckus. I didn't read the link because I'm sure all it talks about is the low points of the game and bashing etc. You're always free to play something else, just don't try to ruin the game for those of us who are having fun with it.

(Not directed at anyone in particular)
I read one post where a guy said that GTA IV "isn't GTA anymore" and that made me sick. This is every bit a GTA game that Vice City or San Andreas or GTA III was, if not more. Yeah so what, you might have the same mission structure repeat itself a few times in the game, at least the setting and people involved are different. I don't care, it's no more repetitive than playing through VC again and again. At least it's something new. Be happy with that, or move on to something else. There's always Saints Row 2 if you like.
Old 05-07-2008   #15
Sheep Shagger
Newbie Member

Sheep Shagger is on a distinguished roadSheep Shagger is on a distinguished road
When I buy a game I don't go looking for all the negatives, what the hell is the point in that? GTAIV isn't perfect (and for the millionth time no reviewer called it that!) but it's a damn good game.

At least I think it is, if you don't that's cool. Honestly though, at least half the stuff that guy mentioned I've never noticed myself. The camera system is my biggest beef, and I'm learning to live with it.