Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008   #16
Motkia
desu
Newbie Member

Motkia is an unknown quantity at this point
just pop it into a cd player or sumfin.

and it's definitely overkill to have banned even private importation...
Motkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #17
snappy

snappy is on a distinguished roadsnappy is on a distinguished road
Well I can tell you one thing that sucks from Australia.. FOSTERS BEER.. Shits horrible.. (atleast to me anyways. )
Old 05-07-2008   #18
SwitchBlade

SwitchBlade is on a distinguished roadSwitchBlade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Australia isn't "oppressed" and we aren't communists so shut the fuck up, okay? We just have a few faulty licensing laws. To judge an entire country over one law is closed minded and immature; grow up.

This was a reply to nearly everyone in this thread.
i totally agree with you on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy View Post
Well I can tell you one thing that sucks from Australia.. FOSTERS BEER.. Shits horrible.. (atleast to me anyways. )
i'm australian and i also agree with you

Edit: and also i doubt this is true because having a game isn't illegal whether or not its uncensored or not, i mean why would they check for a video game, i bet people go through customs with loads of pirated mp3 on their laptops all the time, and all the people who goto singapore and places like that and buy pirated dvds while theyre on holiday and bring them back home
checking for a damn video game at customs is just rediculous and i doubt its true

Last edited by SwitchBlade; 05-07-2008 at 06:01 PM..
SwitchBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #19
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
I was doubting the authenticity of this report within the first few words.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #20
blessedhomicide
Newbie Member

blessedhomicide is an unknown quantity at this point
1st Amendment pwns.
blessedhomicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #21
Sane_Or_Insane
Newbie Member

Sane_Or_Insane is an unknown quantity at this point
Where is human rights?

They can have sex shops and openly sell sex videos and magazines why can't they allow a game?

I live in Singapore and the goverment disallow people selling and buying sex videos but they allowed the game. Which is worse??? If the australians can allow their people to buy adults stuffs openly why can't they allow a video game.

I thought my goverment was conservative but now I think Singapore has grown up. We are going to be 43 this year.

How old is Australia?
Maybe they want to go back to the stone age times.
Sane_Or_Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #22
Hateatingpirate
Policeman from Oz

Hateatingpirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok... OP is wrong.

They are not checking bags... Customs and the AFP can TECHNICALLY disallow the imports to get through customs. But, they are allowing them through... technically they can ban it and fine people but that is NOT happening.l

Furthermore, there is not a city or town in Australia called Yuitai... So your friend is either made up, or has made his own town in his backyard.
Hateatingpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #23
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I was doubting the authenticity of this report within the first few words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california6066 View Post
I spoke to a freind today who lives in Yuitai in Austrailia and they said all majour

doubted it right there tbh

plus the thread title doesn't help his cause
Old 05-08-2008   #24
Offended_by_Everything
Social Justice Warrior

Offended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond repute
There's indeed a fine for importing the uncut version of GTA IV into Australia, but no one is going to check anyone's bags specifically for it, and I doubt there's been a staff-wide announcement on any Australian airport that would make anyone not previously aware of the import ban object to you having the uncut game in your suitcase.
Old 05-08-2008   #25
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBud View Post
So Australia is going down the communism route now eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Australia isn't "oppressed" and we aren't communists so shut the fuck up, okay? We just have a few faulty licensing laws. To judge an entire country over one law is closed minded and immature; grow up.

This was a reply to nearly everyone in this thread.
Not familiar with sarcasm eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
There's indeed a fine for importing the uncut version of GTA IV into Australia, but no one is going to check anyone's bags specifically for it...
I believe they'll only care about those who are trying to import it in quantities to sell on the black market.

Last edited by TimBud; 05-08-2008 at 01:27 AM..
TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #26
Sane_Or_Insane
Newbie Member

Sane_Or_Insane is an unknown quantity at this point
is there a special package or casing for this uncensored version? How would they know if the game someone brings in is censored or not.
Sane_Or_Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #27
Hateatingpirate
Policeman from Oz

Hateatingpirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane_Or_Insane View Post
is there a special package or casing for this uncensored version? How would they know if the game someone brings in is censored or not.
For the lst time, it is not regular passengers being checked.

It is packages delivered via Int. mail to Australia where they are invoiced and checked before cleared through customs.
Hateatingpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #28
Sharpshot

Sharpshot is on a distinguished roadSharpshot is on a distinguished road
don't see the problem in austrailia

they are all descendants from British Criminals anyway, so really you can't blame a video game for any violence
Posted by Enemyinsurgent telling why GTA sucks because it's not like your "awesome Saints Row...where you can have fucking super awesome fucking flamethrowers! And you can like have the super fucking awesome ability to recruit people!
Sharpshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #29
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Imprisonment for having a game. I've heard it all now.
Imprisonment wasn't mentioned.

Anyway, this sounds unlikely but others have summed up all the sensible thoughts about this already.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #30
nikobellic

nikobellic is an unknown quantity at this point
That is all a crock of shit.

FACTS
1. Thus far Australia does not have an R18+ rating for Games.
2. GTA in its uncut form doesnt meet the requirements for an MA15+ rating which is the current highest rating for games in Australia.
3. Recently debate has been raised and a change is on the horizon for changing Law allowing an R18+ rating for games to be introduced.
4. New Zealand has an R18+ rating but still received the cut version. (LOL)
5. The cut version is not all that different from the uncut version, there is no major change in gameplay.
6. Compared to countries like the USA and the UK, for a colony of convicts Australia has a lower crime rate pro rata.

Playstation Loyalist, but XBOX360 convert.
nikobellic is offline   Reply With Quote