Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Tips, Cheats & Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008   #1
DMannDD

DMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished road
Girlfriend abilities?? [GF SPOILER]

So I have the health boost ability from Carmen. Last night, I finally remembered to use it in a mission. She said something about applying pressure to the wounds. Niko said thanks, then nothing. I was still blinking red health? Is there something I am supposed to do after talking to her? Or can you not use her during a mission?

I haven't even tried using KiKi for losing the Wanted level. I keep forgetting about that in the heat of the chase.
DMannDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #2
AstroFan

AstroFan is an unknown quantity at this point
I did that last night a couple times, she just said to rest a minute. Then nothing happened.
Old 05-07-2008   #3
gtafan20081
Newbie Member

gtafan20081 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i dumped carmen because i tried calling her for a health boost like 3 times and she never helped me out. kiki actually is useful every once in a while. i'll use her either-
a. i slam into the back of a cop car and i really dont feel like running
b. a mission requires me to lose the cops. call kiki. mission passed.
gtafan20081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #4
Jacobs Supplier
Whoever you get ya guns from, im they supplier...

Jacobs Supplier is an unknown quantity at this point
yea that did nothing for me too... and shes annoying so ima dump her ass... wow this is a video game, i feel really gay saying that lmfao
Old 05-07-2008   #5
SwitchBlade

SwitchBlade is on a distinguished roadSwitchBlade is on a distinguished road
the health boost only works when your not in a vehicle, but i could be wrong
Old 05-07-2008   #6
DMannDD

DMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
Yeah, I wasn't in a vehicle. She just sucks, it doesn't do anything. She is just a South Bohan Hoe. That 3rd person shit gets on my nerves
Old 05-07-2008   #7
upstateelehant
Newbie Member

upstateelehant is an unknown quantity at this point
Im so early in the game, I only have michelle. But it's hilarious that we are talking about GFs in a game, I'll make sure the spectacularly "end" the relationship early. lol
upstateelehant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #8
AstroFan

AstroFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
I was on foot in a firefight, both times. I got out of the immediate area, but it still didnt do anything.
Old 05-07-2008   #9
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
/Moved : Tips, Cheats & Strategies
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #10
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMannDD View Post
Yeah, I wasn't in a vehicle. She just sucks, it doesn't do anything. She is just a South Bohan Hoe. That 3rd person shit gets on my nerves
I went on one date with her and then shot her in the head. Why do people refer to themselves in the 3rd person, just makes me want to slap a hoe.
Old 05-08-2008   #11
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I've been wondering about this. I've used that health bonus before but it never works at a crucial moment. Perhaps it's a glitch.

The two times I've used it I didn't need to, the first I was just testing it out and the second was just when I was too lazy to go get a hot dog. When ever I've used it in a mission, even though she gives the reply meaning that it should work, it doesn't. At least it's a common problem rather than we're doing anything wrong.

For reference - When it does work, as soon as Niko hangs up the phone your health should increase in increments quite quickly so you should have full health within about 5 seconds or less. (I think it refills completely)
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #12
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
it worked when i was only missing about a quarter of my health but when ever i did it while blinkin red it did nothing
Old 05-08-2008   #13
kingcars

kingcars is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried out kiki's ability last night with a 4 star wanted level (no mission, just messin around) and she was like "Seems like the cops mean serious business, I can't do anything. Sorry Niko!" Completely useless...so what, she can only help with 1-3 star levels? No use, since those levels are easy to beat...
kingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #14
D-star
Newbie Member

D-star is an unknown quantity at this point
Are there anymore girlfriends you can get through love-meet?
D-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #15
DMannDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-star View Post
Are there anymore girlfriends you can get through love-meet?
So far that is all I have gotten or heard about. Supposedly you can meet some girl through Craplist.net but I have yet to figure that out.