Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2008   #1
SandboxGuy
Newbie Member

SandboxGuy can only hope to improve
regarding my disapointment with this game.

I posted earlier today but i want to add that doensnt anybone here feel something missing from this game compared to the other gta's? I still can't believe this game got so highly rated for the wrong reasons. Overrated is an understatement. The Fun factor is just not there. There is only about 5 memorable fun missions. The rest are pretty generic. Especially the unneccesarry countless mafia factions. I cant even rob stores anymore. Whats the point of having the in game brand stores from the past if you cant go in them. Niko belic even has a beer belly if you notice. Too much industrial neighborhoods. waste of space. The safehouses with the exception of playboy x's all suck. If i have the money why cant i choose to live in a mansion in the suburbs. Rockstar has always given us crappy safehouses. Man i can't wait for saints row 2. Jet ski's, airplanes, flamethrowers, an army, the ability to recruit people. Customizable cribs and gangs. I want my money back rockstar. you let me down.
Old 05-06-2008   #2
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
...or you can stop bitching and get the fuck off my internets.
Old 05-06-2008   #3
zim

zim is on a distinguished roadzim is on a distinguished roadzim is on a distinguished roadzim is on a distinguished roadzim is on a distinguished road
The missions could've been more thought out and more fun, and a couple of more weapons could've been added. I also would've loved jetski's, but other than that the game is really really good.
Old 05-06-2008   #4
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
SandboxGuy, Niko is an illegal immigrant, what do you expect from him? Fame, fortune and a massive house?

Thats not the theme Rockstar wanted to give to the game. They wanted him to just be an immigrant that came to live with his cousin after being lied to about the "American Dream" and to find "a special someone".

It brings realism to the game if you dont end out as a multi millionaire with a huge gang and a big house, unlike previous GTAs.
Old 05-06-2008   #5
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
Dont forget that the overall theme of this game is "rags, to slightly better rags"
Old 05-06-2008   #6
Jacobs Supplier
Whoever you get ya guns from, im they supplier...

Jacobs Supplier is an unknown quantity at this point
dont forget if they did that it would be the same shit all over again with another character...
Old 05-06-2008   #7
upstateelehant
Newbie Member

upstateelehant is an unknown quantity at this point
FFS, shut up. Really, shut up. It's old. You overhyped the game in your shit box little mind and now your butt hurt. Go play and like it or go back to your dark corner and turn on some emo and remember how mommy and daddy don't love you anymore.
Old 05-06-2008   #8
kingcars

kingcars is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah sounds to me like the OP just wanted GTA III/SA v1.5.

GTA IV is more focused on a down to earth, realistic feel. The thing that gets GTA IV such high ratings (which I agree with) is the level of detail in the world. You can prank call emergency services, see cops pulling people over (or chasing them on foot), greatly detailed cars. I, for one, LOVE the new physics, especially with the cars. The story line is also leaps and bounds over the previous GTAs. Not only is the storyline itself better (and the main character more down to earth), but you can make choices. And I'm glad you dont end up in some huge penthouse with loads of bling. That's really not my thing.

All in all, GTA IV is one of those games where in order to truly enjoy its genious, you gotta just stop for a minute and soak in the details. I felt a little let down after I first started it up, but that was before I started noticing the little things. Those little things add up to one amazing gaming experience.
Old 05-06-2008   #9
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
You like to bitch a lot! Rockstar wants this game to big realistic and different then all the other games.
Like all the other copy cats you become from poor to being a millionaire.

Youtube Account - ADD
Old 05-06-2008   #10
bonesmccoy
Sabotage

bonesmccoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Jet-ski's???

I don't mean to be rude, but that request alone pretty much invalidates all of your other points. Sure, a lot of the missions involve tracking down x, killing x, and then escaping y. But what did you expect? This is a game about a muderous, revenge seeking criminal, not some guy taking on minimum wage jobs (like in the previous games). You'd probably complain that rain isn't wet enough
Old 05-06-2008   #11
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateelehant View Post
FFS, shut up. Really, shut up. It's old. You overhyped the game in your shit box little mind and now your butt hurt. Go play and like it or go back to your dark corner and turn on some emo and remember how mommy and daddy don't love you anymore.
Don't disrespect the members here. Next time you will be given a warning.

Read the rules of the forum
Old 05-07-2008   #12
snappy

snappy is on a distinguished roadsnappy is on a distinguished road
How the hell is an immigrant supposed to buy a mansion? Specially one that has no Greencard/Visa..

Maybe if he got a Greencard like Tony Montana then maybe you could buy a mansion.. But guess what Niko doesnt get one...

Dont forget to add: annoying White 12 yr olds trying to act like black gangsters, to your saints row 2 list... Shit was soo ridiculous in SR.
Old 05-07-2008   #13
Enemyinsurgent
dɒmɪneɪ

Enemyinsurgent is an unknown quantity at this point
"Ohhhhh! Saints Row 2 gonna have Jet Skis! You can't even rob stores in GTA....I mean wtf? And like Niko like has a beer belly....omfg! And like in SR2, you can, like, uhhh, have, like.....mansions...and it's customizable."
Dude, who gives a fuck if you can't rob stores...and make gay ass customizable houses? Huh? Do you fucking expect Rockstar to make the most best, most fucking perfect game out there? Full of fucking explosions, and lots of fucking money? I mean yeah, I liked SR, and I'm going to get SR2. But why make two fucking topics, telling why GTA sucks because it's not like your "awesome Saints Row...where you can have fucking super awesome fucking flamethrowers! And you can like have the super fucking awesome ability to recruit people! "( Btw, the fucking gangsters are so fucking useless in SR, they fucking die every 10 seconds, and can't aim worth shit) Dude, if you can't see the fun factor in GTA IV, and why the game is good, then you must be on fucking crack. Also may I add, the story line in SR, makes no god damn sense. (Sorry I said the "F" word ten times in this post, but damn.)

Last edited by Enemyinsurgent; 05-07-2008 at 12:24 AM..
Old 05-07-2008   #14
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Most of your complaints are superficial. Niko is fat? I want jet skis? Who the fuck are you Jon Edwards? I rather have finally tuned game play rather then shitty jet ski.
Old 05-07-2008   #15
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
this game is great stop making a thread every time you feel lonely
Closed Thread