Old 05-06-2008   #1
raikkonen

raikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these parts
Oblivion GOTY vampire glitch

is there a way to cure the vampire glitch?!? i read some forums that the witch won't accept the blood grass in GOTY edition. Some forums say that you must first give the vampire ashes to melisanda then the bloodgrass, some say that the only way is to avoid any vampire quest. Will that prevent me from completing the main story and not gaining new armors and weapons if i don't take any vampire quest?
raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #2
Hateatingpirate
Policeman from Oz

Hateatingpirate is an unknown quantity at this point
..Er...

.er....

what
Hateatingpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #3
Enemyinsurgent
dɒmɪneɪ

Enemyinsurgent is an unknown quantity at this point
Wrong forum buddy...this is about GTA IV...not....Oblivion.

Enemyinsurgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikkonen View Post
is there a way to cure the vampire glitch?!? i read some forums that the witch won't accept the blood grass in GOTY edition. Some forums say that you must first give the vampire ashes to melisanda then the bloodgrass, some say that the only way is to avoid any vampire quest. Will that prevent me from completing the main story and not gaining new armors and weapons if i don't take any vampire quest?
You could just summon the already finished potion via the console if your playing on the PC, console versions i'm not sure what to do.

Also you posted this in the Grand Theft Auto IV forum
Old 05-06-2008   #5
raikkonen

raikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these parts
I'm playing on PS3
Old 05-06-2008   #6
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
lol @ the text generated ad, "Are you a Vampire?"

anyway this is the wrong forum, no wait, wrong site
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #7
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Moved to Video Games Chat/News.

Try to keep non-GTA-related gaming topics in this forum please.
Piggus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #8
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
I use to have that glitch on the PC version as well, and found a mod to fix it, but it was later fixed with an official patch as well. You sure thier isn't any patches for the ps3 version ?

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #9
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
I think that patch came out quite a while ago, and since he has the GOTY edition you would think he has the very latest version by default.

Raikkonen, do you have an earlier savegame that you can roll back to? Having to load an earlier save after you've completed a bunch of quests can be a pain in the ass but it might be your only option right now. If not, you can always wait for Bethesda to release an official patch assuming this problem is widespread enough. In order to help speed up that process, I suggest emailing them or maybe posting on their forums.

Also in the future, you might want to keep a backup savegame (and keep it updated every time you do a bunch of quests or whatever) just in case something like this happens again. There's a lot of factors in Oblivion that can break your game. :/
Piggus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #10
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
^^ indeed thier is piggus, I havn't even finished everything 100% once in Oblivion yet :/ due to all my game saves being corrupted, months and months of progress lost and thats even with makeing regular backups, all gamesaves killed. this time I'm copying them to a whole seperate locaton as a backup >: (

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #11
raikkonen

they say that patches for the PS3 version will not be avaialable for some time now, maybe when they release the next expansion they would fix this problem
Old 05-07-2008   #12
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
There are no more expansions or DLC in the making for Oblivion.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote