Old 05-06-2008   #1
gtafan20081
Newbie Member

gtafan20081 is an unknown quantity at this point
danger of two files

if i wanted to start a new save, will it also create a new autosave slot that only corresponds to that save? or will the autosave slot i have now just move over to whatever was autosaved last. i can imagine finishing a bunch of missions in the save i have now, the game autosaving, then going to the other save, completing a mission there, and then having the autosave from the first game get overwritten by the new save. that would suck! and i know i would forget to go to the safehouse all the time.
gtafan20081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #2
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
Just save your first game. Then let your second one autosave.

EDIT: 600th post...w00t

Last edited by Glanerd; 05-06-2008 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: Failed to mention something.
Glanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #3
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
My buddy started a new game on my xbox, and he just turned auto save off. Im not sure how it works, but i wanted to take no chances lol
Old 05-06-2008   #4
snappy

snappy is on a distinguished roadsnappy is on a distinguished road
If you create a new save file it only auto saves on the new file, so your old file is fine..
Old 05-06-2008   #5
Glanerd

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
Well just make sure you save your main game at a safehouse and he can turn Autosave on.
Old 05-06-2008   #6
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
Autosaves are stored on the 13th slot
so the only way you can choose a slot to save is through ur safehouse
from there, everything autosaved will be stores in slot 13. To save it back to ur new slot, u have to go to a safehouse and choose the new slot

Last edited by rean2; 05-06-2008 at 07:25 PM..
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #7
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
You can manually save from slot 1-12. Slot 13 is reserved for the autosave feature. The best you can do is get into the habit of saving your game at safehouses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy View Post
If you create a new save file it only auto saves on the new file, so your old file is fine..
The only thing that separates saves is playing on different gamertags. GTA IV won't take into account whether or not you're playing a different new game.

Last edited by Thundercracker; 05-06-2008 at 06:50 PM..
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #8
gtafan20081
Newbie Member

gtafan20081 is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks that you cant really have autosave for both files. because what i do is i pretty much stop playing right when i finish a mission, so i dont really go back to the save house that much (unless I want to change clothes). i know that that's really lazy or whatever, but it actually makes playing the game a lot easier. i can just go from task to task without having to worry about save insurance (like the past gtas, where i pretty much went back to the house after every mission). but oh well. cant win them all.
gtafan20081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #9
Glanerd

Easy. Make your buddy stop using Autosave.