Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2008   #1
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
DO You Support me - Patch Release

Im interested in creating a few patches for GTA IV, its not going to be easy but its not going to be hard.
The patches im looking at possibly making are for the following things -

- Allow players to do yellow cab missions picking people up at various points in the city
- Add some countryside to the city, maybe an extended area outside of Alderney, not alot though just an amount about the size of the Bone County.
- I was going to do the (opening the boot thing) but someone else is already working on that
- Coach and Ambulance missions
- Extra clothing

Thats about it, im thinking of proberbly using the textures in the DAF folders or contact rockstar for permission

What do you think?
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #2
ToM MaRtYr
I Kill People!
Newbie Member

ToM MaRtYr is an unknown quantity at this point
country side sounds really awesome!
bu you should definitely contact R* for permission
ToM MaRtYr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #3
invection
Newbie Member

invection is an unknown quantity at this point
how would we get the patch to work on our systems though?
Old 05-06-2008   #4
california6066

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invection View Post
how would we get the patch to work on our systems though?
Via the psn network, like you know how you download patches, maps and themes etc from the store, well do the same. Obviously though if rockstar agreed i would have to most likely pay Sony to have it on the PSN network.
I dont know what would happen but im going to try it for my person first then see how i can intergrate it

The alternative and free way would be to have it uploaded online allowing people to download it to their pen drives, after this then they can install it via their ps3... the only problem though would be creating the right installation files which would work which is tricky. Its like you need software to make software if you know what i mean

Last edited by california6066; 05-06-2008 at 12:53 PM..
Old 05-06-2008   #5
geoldr

geoldr is on a distinguished roadgeoldr is on a distinguished road
How are you planning on doing this? From the game data on the PS3? Im interested.
geoldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #6
california6066

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoldr View Post
How are you planning on doing this? From the game data on the PS3? Im interested.
Well for starters you need a bluray drive on your computer, you also need a computer powerful enough to emulate the physics and graphics of a ps3 console. As surprising as this may seem if your really interested you can get both for under £2000, you then rip the contents from the ps3 disc onto the computer

then from there the magic starts

You basically get all the textures from certain parts of the city and put in what most people would call a "skelotomy" which is basically a transparent base, you can then raise the base to make hills, indent it to make roads etc; then you put layers of textures over the transparancy etc; etc;

the other things like opening trunks and things is all peti scripts

Last edited by california6066; 05-06-2008 at 01:43 PM..
Old 05-06-2008   #7
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
£2000 of equipment and months of work for one game? I think you're a bit loony mate

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #8
california6066

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
2000 of equipment and months of work for one game? I think you're a bit loony mate
I already own it, its a hobbie, ive been designing games for years, this is a new challenge
Old 05-06-2008   #9
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Rather you than me then. Good luck to you but doing it on your own ain't going to be easy.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #10
greekgoat91
Liberty City Survivor Winner

greekgoat91 is on a distinguished roadgreekgoat91 is on a distinguished road
not gonna work, maybe with a PC version, but not the the console versions, but I wish you the best of luck
Old 05-06-2008   #11
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
I wanna LULZ so bad right now. :/
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #12
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
You won't be able to release that patch or even get access to the proper files/tools without working for Rockstar or Reverse Engineering the game. Rockstars legal team can fuck you up if you try and work against their legal wills.

In any case they wouldn't allow a 3rd party to make them look incompetent or possibly ruin the games reputation if there were any flaws with the patch. So your best bet is being a Rockstar developer, and spending a couple of weeks for development, testing and then waiting for approval from the Q/A (Quality Assurance) team hoping nothing goes wrong and pushes the patch date back.
Old 05-06-2008   #13
california6066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
You won't be able to release that patch or even get access to the proper files/tools without working for Rockstar or Reverse Engineering the game. Rockstars legal team can fuck you up if you try and work against their legal wills.

In any case they wouldn't allow a 3rd party to make them look incompetent or possibly ruin the games reputation if there were any flaws with the patch. So your best bet is being a Rockstar developer, and spending a couple of weeks for development, testing and then waiting for approval from the Q/A (Quality Assurance) team hoping nothing goes wrong and pushes the patch date back.
well im not planning on releasing it without rockstars approval, im aware of the law suits etc;
Old 05-06-2008   #14
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
go for it california6066 il be waiting for the result, good luck mate
Old 05-06-2008   #15
KING
Banned
Banned

KING can only hope to improve
What a loser.
KING is offline   Reply With Quote