Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2008   #1
SandboxGuy
Newbie Member

SandboxGuy can only hope to improve
It's No longer the best true "sandbox" game.

Oh man . From the moment i started playing the game i knew something was off. The stiff way niko moves compared to the saints row characters. The awful handling of the cars. What happened to all the clothing? They got some hideous boring options. You cant go in any police stations to cause havoc. WTF? I expected to be able to go inside the airport terminal and watch people check in their luggage and about theie business. You cant do that. The planes dont even land or take off!! LOL. This is the first gta game were the lack of the usual things you could do in past series is not available. Where the hell is rikers island? no stadiums? Saints row 2 is offering everything that i thought this game would offer. Could rockstar at least give out a code where you can change characters? I dont want to be a middle aged eastern european. Saints row 2 gives you the option to be whatever you want. I thought you could go inside the prison to cuase havoc. you cant do that. only outside. Im officially getting on the volition bandwagon becuase i like the direction they are heading in sandbox games.
Old 05-06-2008   #2
Sharpshot

Sharpshot is on a distinguished roadSharpshot is on a distinguished road
Ok thanks for that. go on SRGaming or something lol. if you don't like this game. why are you telling us? this site is for people who are FANS of GTA and if you prefered other GTA's, go back to playing San Andreas. no1 is saying you have to play the newer games!

P.S

Your a douchebag!
Old 05-06-2008   #3
norby89

norby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished road
*rolls eyes*

then what are you doing here, go play SR
Old 05-06-2008   #4
JacKtEk
Dirtier than the rest

JacKtEk is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah seriously. I don't understand why retards come on this site and rant about what they dislike about the game..
Old 05-06-2008   #5
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
He didn't attack anyone, so there is no need to attack him. SandboxGuy I am sorry that you don't like GTA IV. I encourage you to give it more time but I accept your viewpoint regardless.
Old 05-06-2008   #6
ElephantGuts
Fleet Admiral of my own life

ElephantGuts is on a distinguished roadElephantGuts is on a distinguished road
i love how people go on forums and go on about how horrible the game is and how dissapointing it is, and yet theyre one person while millions of people across the world love the game

...maybe its you?
Old 05-06-2008   #7
BRIG_35
Newbie Member

BRIG_35 is an unknown quantity at this point
The thing about creating your character rather than being the character they give you... I read an interview (I think it was with IGN), (I think it was) Dan Houser said that the reason they haven't done the customizable character feature is (something to the effect of) that it takes away from the story they're telling in each game.
Old 05-06-2008   #8
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I think Saints Row gives you the option to dislike it more to be honest. It's always going to be the same story no matter what your character looks like, but every option you get revolves around Niko. GTA was Saints Row at one point really, especially San Andreas, and all that Saints Row 2 will offer is San Andreas revisited, as fun as it was, nothing was plausible.

A gangsta fresh off the street in jetpacks, flying fighter jets and airliners? Yeah it was fun, but got old, with the new realism motive it's more fun and fresh I think, knowing that everything will react in a realistic way according to your actions.

Personally I'm glad they didn't follow in san Andreas' footsteps and went even more outrageous, and that's what made the orginal Saints Row bad in my opinion, it got old too fast, and when I picked it up before GTA IV came out to have a little taste of next-gen chaos, I realised I had only bought some gamerscore, and not a game. The driving, fighting, shooting, is much easier and nowhere near as fun as GTA's. I often question how it's possible a guy can sprint and do a 90 degree turn in an instant, I also question how the vehicles seem to have gravity pads on their wheels, no matter the circumstances, the second the wheel hits the ground when it's on it's side, the car flips back to normal.

And my honest opinion here is that Saints Row 2 is already at a disadvantage, I've seen no videos, and the pictures don't appeal at all, the graphics and lighting effects are too plain for me, the shadows are always perfect straight lines, and with the inclusion of planes, I think it will be spoilt. And ontop of those bad points, GTA IV has been released.
Old 05-06-2008   #9
norby89

norby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished road
it's just that people forget that GTAIV is only a game, is it the best game ever? I have my doubts.. it's NOT perfect, there's no such thing as perfect thus don't expect to be able to do anything you want in it

I want to be able to bite my toenails, I can't do that.. I wanna pee on the wall and draw flowers and butterflies and and stand on my hand while farting and have someone ignite my fart lulz and stick out my tongue at pedestrians but I can't do that in this shitty game.... in Sims I can has house and a kitty as a pet, in Assassins Creed I can ride a horsey, why can't I in GTAIV? and why can't I visit sites such as meatspinz!! zomg I'm not playing this..... <_>
Old 05-06-2008   #10
BRIG_35
Newbie Member

BRIG_35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGuy View Post
Saints row 2 is offering everything that i thought this game would offer.
Trust me, just because the developers hype the game to have certain features doesn't always mean they all come to the final product. Same thing happened to this game.

In the development stage, ideas are tossed around, but a lot of them don't make it because of disc space issues.

GTA IV early was said to have a feature I would have loved to have in the final product - the portable music player on the cell phone, but near the end of development they had to nix the feature due to space.

And not everyone buys these games for the features they have, the game's story alone sold me.
Old 05-06-2008   #11
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I think you might be on to something... if Saint's Row didn't have horrible vehicle handling, diaper wearing wigger character animations and poor shooting mechanics. The story was so outrageously stupid. It felt like Uwe Boll got hold of a gang film and at the same time was criticized and forced to throw in every possible race into every single gang to be PC.
Old 05-06-2008   #12
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
Saints Row is, in my opinion, a game for spotty wiggers from North Carolina or Germany.

...yeah, I don't think I need to explain this.

Hot Buttered Soul
Old 05-06-2008   #13
John Connor

John Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGuy View Post
Oh man . From the moment i started playing the game i knew something was off. The stiff way niko moves compared to the saints row characters. The awful handling of the cars. What happened to all the clothing? They got some hideous boring options. You cant go in any police stations to cause havoc. WTF? I expected to be able to go inside the airport terminal and watch people check in their luggage and about theie business. You cant do that. The planes dont even land or take off!! LOL. This is the first gta game were the lack of the usual things you could do in past series is not available. Where the hell is rikers island? no stadiums? Saints row 2 is offering everything that i thought this game would offer. Could rockstar at least give out a code where you can change characters? I dont want to be a middle aged eastern european. Saints row 2 gives you the option to be whatever you want. I thought you could go inside the prison to cuase havoc. you cant do that. only outside. Im officially getting on the volition bandwagon becuase i like the direction they are heading in sandbox games.
You are a loser. I can't believe gamers like you continue to complain and maim the game that millions of people have been waiting for. Its the post-release of San Andreas all over again. Complaints. Nothing but complaints. Can you all not be grateful for once?

Last edited by John Connor; 05-06-2008 at 01:19 PM..
Old 05-06-2008   #14
Rebel_biscuit

Rebel_biscuit is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar Jr. View Post
Saints Row is, in my opinion, a game for spotty wiggers from North Carolina or Germany.
you said it mate
Old 05-06-2008   #15
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
Since this discussion is so thoughtful, analytical, and intensely democratic, I am going to keep it open so people can post more blanket statements.
Closed Thread