Old 05-06-2008   #1
Vicecityisbest
Newbie Member

Vicecityisbest is an unknown quantity at this point
Statue of happiness

ok so everyone knows about the easter egg inside the statue and the fact it's carrying a coffee cup but what about the other rumours. alot has been going about saying the statue looks like hilary clinton and the book in her hand reads 'Hilary Clinton'. well i landed on the statues arm i read the book and it doesnt say that. at the bottom it says july IV and then the roman numericals for 1776 beneath it. then above it is some very small writing that is hard to read. it is about 4 lines long and says something about 'the land of oppurtunity' and says something about tricking rich people. dunno if anyone else has read it and can clear up exactly what it says but atleast now i know it says nothing about hilary clinton.

edit : ok. i got all of it now it reads -
1st line: | SEND US YOUR BRIGHTEST, YOUR SHARPEST, YOUR MOST INTELLIGENT, |
2nd line: | YEARNING TO BREATHE FREE AND SUBMIT TO OUR AUTHORITY,|
3rd line: | WATCH US TRICK THEM INTO WIPING RICH PEOPLE'S ASSES, |
4th line: | WHILE WE CONVINCE THEM IT'S A LAND OF OPPURTUNITY |

I managed to read all of it when i landed on the arm. heres the pics...

Last edited by Vicecityisbest; 11-02-2011 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: added information
Vicecityisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #2
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicecityisbest View Post
ok so everyone knows about the easter egg inside the statue and the fact it's carrying a coffee cup but what about the other rumours. alot has been going about saying the statue looks like hilary clinton and the book in her hand reads 'Hilary Clinton'. well i landed on the statues arm i read the book and it doesnt say that. at the bottom it says july IV and then the roman numericals for 1776 beneath it. then above it is some very small writing that is hard to read. it is about 5 lines long and says something about 'the land of oppurtunity' and says something about tricking rich people into trusting other people. dunno if anyone else has read it and can clear up exactly what it says but atleast now i know it says nothing about hilary clinton.
Nice find, but wouldnt it be funny if in those 5 lines or so, right in the middle, it said something about hilary lol
mmafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #3
Vicecityisbest
Newbie Member

i think i know what most of it says now.....i'm gona upload some pictures in my first post...
Old 05-06-2008   #4
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
awesome! LOL @ line 3
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #5
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicecityisbest View Post
at the bottom it says july IV and then the roman numericals for 1776 beneath it.
July 4th 1776 is Independence Day in USA isn't it?
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #6
Vicecityisbest
Newbie Member

yer and its the day they got given the statue of liberty i think.
Old 05-07-2008   #7
rean2

no, its the day when the US signed the peace Treaty with britain in France. The Statue of liberty was given as a gift during the 19th century
Old 05-07-2008   #8
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
They never said it was Hilary, people assumed it just looked like her.

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #9
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
The Statue of Liberty was a gift from France to comemerate 100 years (i think) of being free from british rules or something?

The Statue of Happiness was a gift from France to comemerate 100 years of being free from British food and language
Old 05-08-2008   #10
rean2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
The Statue of Liberty was a gift from France to comemerate 100 years (i think) of being free from british rules or something?

The Statue of Happiness was a gift from France to comemerate 100 years of being free from British food and language
the statue of liberty was given from france in 1886, it was a gift to celebrate friendship with france (I'm guessing they were allies during the war against britain) and to commerate their declaration of independence from britain
Old 05-08-2008   #11
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

ah so it was 110 years... only 10 off not bad for a Brit

and yeah you probably were, we don't seem to get on with the French
Old 05-09-2008   #12
ElephantGuts
Fleet Admiral of my own life

ElephantGuts is on a distinguished roadElephantGuts is on a distinguished road
funny stuff
ElephantGuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #13
ElephantGuts
Fleet Admiral of my own life

ElephantGuts is on a distinguished roadElephantGuts is on a distinguished road
for some reason i just realized this like yesterday but the statue is also facing away from the oceon, instead of towards it. like the statue is turning its back on immigrants?
ElephantGuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #14
blood

blood is an unknown quantity at this point
if you zoom on the face of the statue of happiness with a combat sniper riffle it really looks like hillary clinton. lol the smile
blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #15
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Since we're on the topic of the statue...

Did anyone else notice that:

Brucie refers to it as the Statue of Freedom when you go there with him on a boating trip.

I think the subtitles say Happiness but the audio says Freedom. I guess this was the original name but perhaps they felt it was too similar to Liberty as they basically mean the same thing.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote