Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2008   #1
geoldr

geoldr is on a distinguished roadgeoldr is on a distinguished road
Stuff dissapears wayy too fast

Hey guys, I noticed in my game things disappear too fast. For example, I am driving quickly, rear end someone, and they die. I get out of my car to check if they are dead, call an ambulance, go back to my car, reverse it off the street, and all of a sudden the guy I rearended was gone. Car and everything. This happens everytime. And one time, I was driving a banshee, and I go to my safehouse, and I park it next to the yellow space, I get out, go to one of the crap cars I had in my lot, reversed it and parked it on the street right next to mine, and I walk back, and the banshee is gone. Either someone jacked it, or it disappeared. I figure it disappeared since its happened a million times already. Wasn't this supposed to be better in IV? Weren't things supposed to like not disappear as much?
geoldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #2
DMannDD

DMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished road
Sorry man. I haven't really noticed this. I even remembering thinking to myself the other day how long things stay. I will park a car. Run full 2 to 4 blocks away. Go back and it is parked on the street. I know it is mine cause it is still damaged and I don't need to break in. I was also really impressed with how if I see a car I want, drive by that I can turn and keep trying to catch up to it. You can even follow up for a couple of blocks. This was unachievable in the III, VC, SA.
DMannDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #3
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
I'm noticing this a lot too, but it's a new thing. My game didn't do it before, like DMannDD said, I could run 4 blocks, come back and get back in my car. Now it seems if I run a hundred yards in the other direction, my car will vanish. :/
Old 05-06-2008   #4
DMannDD

DMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished road
What system are you guys on? It could be a cache issue later on in the game. Just like I have heard some say that pop-in gets worse the further you get into the story. I am about 40% complete and they are not vanishing.
DMannDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #5
SaucyViper87
is me.
Newbie Member

SaucyViper87 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm around 65% in, and I used to be able to stack 10 cars up at a gas station for a nice explosion. Now, if I manage to get even 4 cars there, I'll turn around to get another one and they'll all be gone.
Old 05-06-2008   #6
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
I haven't checked my % recently but I've unlocked Alderney. I'm using PS3.
Old 05-06-2008   #7
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
I'm getting it a lot too. Never happened in the beginning of the game, but now I can park up a car, get killed and return to it from the hospital and it'll be gone. When I first had the game, this wasn't an issue. We really need a patch to fix some of these bugs.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #8
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
I'm getting it a lot too. Never happened in the beginning of the game, but now I can park up a car, get killed and return to it from the hospital and it'll be gone. When I first had the game, this wasn't an issue. We really need a patch to fix some of these bugs.
My problem and thoughts exactly.
Also hopefully a patch for Some of the choking issues , It's not really a big deal though it happens pretty rare.
Old 05-06-2008   #9
John Connor

John Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enoughJohn Connor will become famous soon enough
Oh great, I've been waiting for someone to post this. Every time I park my car in the parking space, it DISAPPEARS after saving and loading. I'm 100% sure I park it right in the space and I come back and its gone. Possible glitch? I'm playing on the Xbox 360, hopefully theres some way to fix it if it is a glitch.
"I feel it on the inside, twisting and contorting. Memory has shaped me once again. Still feel you on the inside, biting and stinging. Will I ever forget to remember?" - Mudvayne, "Forget to Remember"
John Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #10
geoldr

geoldr is on a distinguished roadgeoldr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
Oh great, I've been waiting for someone to post this. Every time I park my car in the parking space, it DISAPPEARS after saving and loading. I'm 100% sure I park it right in the space and I come back and its gone. Possible glitch? I'm playing on the Xbox 360, hopefully theres some way to fix it if it is a glitch.
Yeah, this sounds like a glitch.

What everyone is saying about this not happening at the beginning of the game is true. When I get home today, ill check it out. Ill start a new game and see if the problem is the same. Maybe on the PS3 deleting the game install will help?
geoldr is offline   Reply With Quote