Old 05-07-2008   #16
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
I think this game packs one hell of a punch, the story, the writing, the gameplay. everything about it is fantastic.

sure some missions are repetitive, but for the most part I love it.
and I disagree that their are no good characters, Niko is the most bad ass GTA character thus far and Little Jacob, Packie, and Faustine are so fucking memorable.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #17
7 Day Theory
with fate guiding my every move

7 Day Theory is on a distinguished road7 Day Theory is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I am sick to death of replaying missions for stupid reasons in this game. One time I got through a major shootout, rescued who I was supposed to and then I drove over a barrel which exploded, killing us both.
I'm pretty sure I know what mission that was. The same exact thing happened to me, haha! Never even saw it coming, one second I was driving and the next I was seeing everything in slow motion, for what I thought at the time was some sort of glitch until I realized I ran over something explosive like an idiot.
7 Day Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #18
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
The only other Character besides Niko and Roman that I really liked, or hoped wasn't going to be a victim at some point was Little Jacob. .
Yeah this is how I felt pretty much. Jacob had character. The rest of the characters at the end felt rather dull. Dimitri is a cool antagonist.

Don't get me wrong I had fun playing it. When you're having a shootout behind cars and you headshoot a cop, and watch him slump against the door: that's awesome. Every mission was the fucking same though. I'm all for realism, but there was none of the gimmicky missions either. And there is fuck all to do at the end. Fly helicopters under bridges, why bother?
Old 05-07-2008   #19
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Jacob, Brucie, Packie, Roman, Dimitri. No good characters? Please, this is a video game, not the cure for everything.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #20
Pignoah

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
What are you on about? Also half of you need to actually read what I'm typing before you decide to reply.
Old 05-07-2008   #21
pundit

pundit is on a distinguished roadpundit is on a distinguished road
I thought there was a lot of variety in the missions and a lot of gimmicks.
Take for example the kidnapping mission where the girl fights back while you're driving. Thats really nicely done.
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #22
Pignoah

Yeah those bits were great. The bank thing, the kidnapping, but come on most of them were.

'Whack this dude, kill x mafia guys, steal x car'.

I mean I ended up praying for a little mini helicopter bomb mission and I always hated those but fuck it'd been something different.

edit: Anyway like I say as soon I get online I'll probably love that.

Last edited by Pignoah; 05-07-2008 at 04:34 AM..
Pignoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #23
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
I look at GTA IV as I looked at GTA III
What I mean is.
GTA III was a big step from GTA
And GTA IV is a big step from GTA III

You know: trying out new things, starting from scratch.
Who knows with the new installement (if it comes) it will exceed our expectations like GTA VC did.
You know the feeling.
Loving GTA III but it misses that lil extra
Then BAM GTA VC gave us that lil extra + some more

Well I feel like that's gonna happen when we get the new installement
Old 05-07-2008   #24
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Only thing I really care about is that it's better than San Andreas, which it is, which also pisses off a load of San Andreas fans because they were expecting ghetto gangsta stuff from GTA. I do agree most of the missions are chase this guy, get that car, take me here, etc, but at least it isn't poor black guy working for CIA and breaking into secret bases to steal jet packs!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #25
Sasha
Addicted Member

Sasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud of
No doubt about it but i think it definitely deserves the 10/10 ratings.
But i don't understand how some of you can say its exactly the same game but re-done?

I love the game but it isn't GTA,
It wasn't one of those GTAs were i sat down, played it and said 'this is GTA'.
It sort of just reminds me of a few games pieced together like The getaway and Driver mostly.
I love the new engine and everything but i think it's the game engine that made GTA what it was.
It happened with III it happened in VC and it happend in SA. But it didn't happen in IV.

I can't imagine what it will be like when it comes for PC and how long it takes to be able to make a custom car mod or something.

Though i still love the game and won't be playing any other game for a while lol
Old 05-07-2008   #26
Pignoah

Oh a great addition was the way taxis work. A great thing they took out was trip skip.

TRIP SKIP BECAME NECESSERY R*!
Old 05-07-2008   #27
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Huh?
Push X to skip the trip at extra cost?
Or what do you mean?
Old 05-07-2008   #28
Pignoah

Jesus. Nevermind.
Old 05-07-2008   #29
gtanewbie
Newbie Member

gtanewbie can only hope to improve
one thing that i notice was weird i would steal a car from a ped house as ped watch me do it

and the ped would just walk away

they didnt even attempt to get car back

one time i stole a car as a police was approaching and ped didnt even notified police i just stole his car
gtanewbie is offline   Reply With Quote