Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Troubleshooting & Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2008   #16
Crazy J
here a guy that loves rampage.

Crazy J is an unknown quantity at this point
but i'm concern that if I put the new game disc on the Xbox then the problems will coming back. But good thing that I already beat the game and got 15 achievements. I rather to leave xbox and the game alone for while.

P.S. I don't think that you can switching games with blockbuster because they will CHARGE you for the damages to the game. Think twice.

4/20: Honor the Mary Jane.

4/29: the day that Masterpiece GTA IV came out.
Crazy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #17
Jacobs Supplier
Whoever you get ya guns from, im they supplier...

Jacobs Supplier is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive done it... and i wasnt charged the guy was saying something like "somebody tried to copy the disc" and gave me another copy...
Old 05-06-2008   #18
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
My PS3 makes pretty weird noises when playing the game.

Didn't GTA: SA also have these disc-scratching sorta problems on PS2 as well when it launched?
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #19
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Sit your Xbox in the corner and tell it off for being bad.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #20
Carl Johnson
I <3 LC
Newbie Member

Carl Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Sit it horizontally. Having it vertical can cause it to scratch disks, and it can also have problems overheating.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #21
m_richy66
I hate censorship!

m_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enoughm_richy66 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTheDesigner View Post

Dude, toothpaste on a DVD?
I've used toothpaste for numerous problems - dental care, shoe shining and even the occasional cleaning a wound..
But fixing a DVD?

Are you serious?

Dont waste your time trying that. I tryed it with Vice City back in the day, did nothing to help it. The best bet is taking it into a video store as most of them can fix scratched DVD's
Old 05-06-2008   #22
phlipp
Mmmm, Onions

phlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished road
this happened to my cod4 i was PISSED. thats why im worried about gettin gta 4, because i destroyed my cod4, saints row, nfs most wanted, and nfs carbon, like its not even cool i was so mad and my xbox never moved either, it was always lying flat
phlipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #23
MisterWillis
Newbie Member

MisterWillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateatingpirate View Post

Yeah... the game has been made so that it scratches itself so you have to buy more games!

Jesus, come on... really.
D.Bag-

I READ it in another forum, not my own theory, and if no other games on the 360 are doing this then maybe it does have something to do with the disc. Just a speculation.
MisterWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #24
Rurouni
Most Wanted

Rurouni is on a distinguished roadRurouni is on a distinguished road
The 360 scratched my disc for my first game it was because I moved the xbox.

Youtube Account - ADD
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #25
KSI r3surr3ct3d
Newbie Member

KSI r3surr3ct3d is an unknown quantity at this point
gta4

i got gta4 the minute it came out and didnt take it out of my 360. then one day i couldnt play missions anymore do to damaged disc. i returned the game and got a replacement. had the replacement for about 24hrs and now i am getting that i cant play online with it due to disc damage. my 360 is horizontal. i put all of my other games in and dont have any problems with them just with gta4.
KSI r3surr3ct3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #26
wictro

wictro is an unknown quantity at this point
toothpaste really is a polisher too! no kidding.

it has small particles that make it work as a "liquid sandpaper".

but to polish a cd / dvd you need to be carefull and ready for a tedious task.

-wictro

ps: you can polish the bottom of a soda can with chocolate bar and tinfoil, to make a paraboil mirror that can be used to lit fire. (you have to find the spot where the light relfexes, like wheres the reading head in satellite antennas, and put something that ignites easily there.) you need the sun to be up and hot to get this to work. and the more close you are the equator (the line that separates upper and lower hemisphere) the better it works.

-wictro
wictro is offline   Reply With Quote