Old 05-05-2008   #1
moodygirl

moodygirl is on a distinguished roadmoodygirl is on a distinguished road
Is this true?

You can't fly planes in the new GTA. I don't have it yet so i do not know.

I got it from here

http://planetrenders.net/forums/inde...owtopic=149309
Old 05-05-2008   #2
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
Its taken out of the game, You can only fly in helicopters..

And by the way, Are you playing on PS3?

Im sure i met you ingame on multiplayer, lol...
Qontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #3
1stJuankPilot

1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road
No dice. I'm a pilot and airplane fanatic in real life so it was a bummer, but I can totally see R* point for not including jets. I would think a Cessna wouldve been nice but then again, kinda useless. I havent even flown a helicopter yet because unlinke in San Andreas even if you use it to get somewhere fast, good luck finding a landing spot in LBC. And if you do, itll take so long to succesfully land it that you may as well driven or taken a taxi. There have been people speculating making downloadable ones in the future, but having no expertise in that field, im not sure who much of a reality that really is.
1stJuankPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #4
Leeham

Leeham is on a distinguished roadLeeham is on a distinguished road
It has nothing to do with the Mayor of NY

Where the hell would you fly in a jet? There's nowhere to go, this isn't SA, there's buildings EVERYWHERE.
Leeham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #5
1stJuankPilot

1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road
Exactly. The harrier from San Andreas wouldve been money. Weaving through the skyscrapers while taking off and landing vertically. After playing the game, the cars they''ve included do the job for me
Old 05-05-2008   #6
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stJuankPilot View Post
No dice. I'm a pilot and airplane fanatic in real life so it was a bummer, but I can totally see R* point for not including jets. I would think a Cessna wouldve been nice but then again, kinda useless. I havent even flown a helicopter yet because unlinke in San Andreas even if you use it to get somewhere fast, good luck finding a landing spot in LBC. And if you do, itll take so long to succesfully land it that you may as well driven or taken a taxi. There have been people speculating making downloadable ones in the future, but having no expertise in that field, im not sure who much of a reality that really is.
Are you on 360, and do you have live? Since the game came out, I've been practicing with those helicopters and I'm startin to get real good. You just gotta learn the ins and outs. Usually, the easiest place to land is in the intersections, and I'm working on quick landings

If you got live, we should meet up.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #7
1stJuankPilot

I havent set it back up as of yet but I will be back online with it tommorow for sure! We'll have to team up and do some terrorizing!
Old 05-05-2008   #8
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeham View Post
It has nothing to do with the Mayor of NY

Where the hell would you fly in a jet? There's nowhere to go, this isn't SA, there's buildings EVERYWHERE.
Very true, within 10 seconds you would be on the other side of liberty city, theres only one airport as well so it would be pretty pointless... even if they had them in i wouldnt use them.... god knows how ACtivision are going to implerment planes into saints row 2 lol
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #9
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I managed to catch up with one of the planes that was flying away from LC once.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #10
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
U know what sucks though? The planes dont actually take off or land. The ones on the ground just go in a circle, and the one in the sky just flies by the airport. I wish it were like in vice city where the planes actually landed
Old 05-05-2008   #11
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmafighter View Post
U know what sucks though? The planes dont actually take off or land. The ones on the ground just go in a circle, and the one in the sky just flies by the airport. I wish it were like in vice city where the planes actually landed
wow i didnt notice that
Old 05-05-2008   #12
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
wow i didnt notice that
Yeah, if you can stay alive long enough you can watch it go in a square on the runway
Old 05-05-2008   #13
moodygirl

moodygirl is on a distinguished roadmoodygirl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmafighter View Post
Lol Just go in a circle but yea. I know the new game is not that big. BUT any way. Thanks for the clear up.