Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2008   #1
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
Prostitution options excluded from Aussie+NZ version of GTA IV

NOW im not disappointed! that isnt much... can someone tell me what they do in the car lol? what u can see

http://au.gamespot.com/news/show_blo...ic_id=26375034

When Rockstar confirmed that Australian versions of Grand Theft Auto IV had been modified to better fit with local classification laws, many gamers cried foul and demanded to know exactly what had been taken out. Rockstar has so far refused to reveal exactly what the difference is between Aussie versions of their hit game with other versions around the world, saying only that the changes were "not significant" .

GameSpot AU can now explain in some detail at least one change that has been made. Having just received a region one version of the game, we tested out a few scenarios and only found one difference so far: how the game deals with prostitution. In Australian versions of GTA IV, Niko can indeed pick up prostitutes, but once he takes said sex worker to a secluded area, the game camera shifts to a tight shot of the rear of the vehicle the pair are in and cannot be moved.

In the region one version, once Niko finds a secluded spot, an extra option pops up, asking whether Niko wants the $20 or the $50 service. Once the appropriate "service" is chosen, the act begins, but instead of a static camera, players can freely rotate the game camera around the vehicle.

But in all other aspects, the Australian version and the region one version seem identical so far. GameSpot AU will report any further differences it spots as we explore the overseas version of the game.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #2
Rebel_biscuit

Rebel_biscuit is an unknown quantity at this point
violence is ok, but sex isn't?
Rebel_biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #3
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
Considering some of the extremely 'liberal' commercials i've seen from Aussie/Kiwi TV, i was very surprised at this.
Do you goes use PAL version of the game? If so just get one shipped from over here in the UK.

TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #4
Goon for Hire
Bored Poster
Newbie Member

Goon for Hire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
NOW im not disappointed! that isnt much... can someone tell me what they do in the car lol? what u can see
In the unscensored version you can see the act happnening in the car, depending on what you've chosen(handjob, blowjob, or basic root).
This isn't really anything to worry about but I've got my UK copy anyway, it was $50 cheaper
Old 05-05-2008   #5
Scotty

Scotty is on a distinguished roadScotty is on a distinguished roadScotty is on a distinguished road
^Same, mine from the US should be here tomorrow hopefully. Why the Americans pay only $50 and we pay $120 for the game here I have no idea. Some people were complaining that the special edition costed $100 in America, which only works out to $105AUD.
Old 05-05-2008   #6
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
I dont think its that much of a thing they have taken out but i cant understand why they would, for instance, GTA IV is rated 15 in AUS right? all you see in the cars is the actual act, her bouncing on top of niko moaning, the thing is though you watch any 15 rated movie with a sex scene, its alot more graphical than a video game...

i cant stand rating systems
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #7
Goon for Hire
Bored Poster
Newbie Member

Goon for Hire is an unknown quantity at this point
In no way is sex worse than something like pulling some old chick out of her car and shooting her in the gut.
What Australia needs is a f*cking R18+ rating.
Old 05-05-2008   #8
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
Haha, I seriously lol'd at this.
What, you can't fuck a damn prostitute but oh, Jacob can smoke weed in the car, you can go deal cocaina with Elizabeth and you can kill certain persons with executions. Go right ahead!

lol.. Australia's beginning to look like fucking america. Washed up rules. Maybe they should call Sydney Liberty City..

ChiTheDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #9
DMannDD

DMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished roadDMannDD is on a distinguished road
The only thing you are really missing out on is some of the hilarious dialogue in the car. The things they say are funny.

Let me ask any AUS owners though, can you get all of the dances in the strip club?

****Minor Spoiler****

If you buy all 3 dances? I think that is more graphic than the far away looks into the car. The two girls simulating eating each other out and simulating banging with much closer camera? They are half naked unlike the hookers??

Last edited by DMannDD; 05-05-2008 at 03:38 PM..
DMannDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #10
Hateatingpirate
Policeman from Oz

Hateatingpirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Amazing how we cant get sex in a video game, but in the TV miniseries 'Underbelly', the show has raunchy and very obscene sex scenes at an 8:30 time slot.
Hateatingpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #11
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
now was there a scene where a guy gets a gun shoved up his ass or something?
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #12
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
DmanDD: Im pretty sure theres only one dance they do.

And Jakenz: That was proved to be a rumour before release.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #13
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Gun to ass is from movie "Baise moi" aka "Fuck me" or "Rape Me"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0249380/