Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2008   #1
unFunGames
Newbie Member

unFunGames can only hope to improve
I was planning on getting 1000 gamerscore in this game...WAS

I hate Rockstar. Really. I wanted this to be my first 1000 gamerscore game. All the achievements are accessible. It will just take me a LONG time, which i dont have a problem with.

but...here's the issue. I cant play ranked matches, so there's a TON of achievements I cant get.

Rockstar screwed up badly on matchmaking. It will put you in a match even if you cant connect to the hosting player, which means you spend another 2-3 minutes loading in and out just to attempt to get in another game, which you've got very little chance.

Not everyone is effected. Its a NAT issue. Some people like me have open NATs but our ISPs are idiots and we still cant connect to many people. For some reason, Rockstar picks game hosts that we cant connect to, when I know for a fact there are people out there that can connect anyone. I have a lot of friends with great connections and they can connect to everyone...yet...they're never made to host.

So, for a LOT of us (and yes, there's a LOT of us)....we get screwed by these stupid ranked matches. I'll have every achievement...and none of the online ones. Thanks a lot, lousy programmers! (Rockstar, Microsoft, etc).

There's no solution. It's an ISP issue. there's NO home fix. ever. Programmers have to start realizing what's going on and help us out. It can be done. How hard is it to check that everyone can connect to each other BEFORE they try to go into a game? Call of Duty 4 does it...sort of...the party host must be able to connect at least. Sure, party members will get dropped, but hey, you dont have to go back and load for a couple of minutes to go find another game.
unFunGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #2
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
Everyone knows, and they're working on fixing it. In a game this big, problems happen. You can't just blame the developers, it's partly the trouble of porting it to two consoles at once and making the networking work on both.

Have some fucking appreciation.

Last edited by Kwanza; 05-04-2008 at 08:35 PM..
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #3
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Haha wow, working up a fuss because of achievements. What a shame.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #4
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Its a bit sad that you lose your respect over Rockstar Games and their hard work over a few Xbox 360 achievements.

Like Kwanza said, have some fucking appreciation.

They started GTA IV just as San Andreas was finishing up, Rockstar tried their hardest to make it enjoyable and yet you complain about it and say you hate them and all that. Why don't you make a game better than GTA IV with no bugs and perfect achievements, then hopefully you will have your head screwed on enough to realize how much effort was put into it and then your perspective will change.

I honestly can't believe theres people like you out there that would say that, all that hard work made for you to enjoy a unique gameplay experience. You complain more than those girls on 'My Super Sweet 16th' Show. Seriously, its pathetic.

Last edited by iKlipse; 05-04-2008 at 08:58 PM..
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote