Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2008   #1
The_D_Man
Resistance Is Futile
Newbie Member

The_D_Man is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you feel about GTA IV?

I'm notm sure how I feel yet. I bought this game with preset ideas of how this game would be, these ideas preset to how Rockstardescribed GTA IV to be. I bought the game and trembles as I put the disc in it's tray, but I'm dissapointed. I'm not at all saying that this is a bad game, but so far no one has proved to me that this game has lived up to it's 10 out of 10 praise. I'm not whinning, blubberinng because it's not as good as I thought it woul be, but I've seen it all before. Nothing in this game is relatively NEW to me. It's no different then a game in the 90's, just with uppdated graphics. Hell, frankly, I'd rather be playing the origional Resident Evil with it's crap graphics then the top ntotch of GTA IV. Just my thoughts, what are yours?

Resistance Is Futile
The_D_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #2
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
I love this game, 10/10 for me. The story is too damn good, the multiplayer is raw. And the new cover system and features.
.LiLe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #3
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
I'm getting overly bored with these such threads and posts. If you don't like the game, then it's either you're not playing it properly, or you're not really a GTA gamer. Sounds to me like you've played a few minutes and though "This is boring".

Trust me, play the entire story, take your time driving and go for a stroll form time to time and take in all the sights.
CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #4
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
I love the game. The city is amazing, the ped behavior is diverse, and I'm seeing something new everyday. Also I loved the story and the little life/death choices sprinkled throughout the game.

My only complaint is that I wish there were more interiors, more side missions (pizza delivery), and a couple more entertainment places. I mean come on, it's New York, you know where the best Pizza in the world is (except Italy).
I just wish there were more buildings with big signs. IE: Modo. Algonquin is awesome in-game, except it's a little too plain in some areas.

I'm really curious to see what Rockstar does next. Is it GTA V or is it a spin off like Vice City and San Andreas?

P.S. The cover system and aiming system is awesome, but Rockstar PLEASE can we have custom sensitivity in the next game? k.thx.
bennifer3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #5
CB

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post

P.S. The cover system and aiming system is awesome, but Rockstar PLEASE can we have custom sensitivity in the next game? k.thx.
You can change the sensitivity.
Old 05-04-2008   #6
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
I'm getting overly bored with these such threads and posts. If you don't like the game, then it's either you're not playing it properly, or you're not really a GTA gamer. Sounds to me like you've played a few minutes and though "This is boring".

Trust me, play the entire story, take your time driving and go for a stroll form time to time and take in all the sights.
I've read a few of your posts around the forum and I agree with most of the things you say, I was suprised when I read this post. How can you say who is and is not a "Gta gamer".. I love every Gta from 1 through to vice city stories but I don't like this game.. I still consider myself a hardcore gta gamer.
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #7
Zeshil

Zeshil is on a distinguished roadZeshil is on a distinguished roadZeshil is on a distinguished roadZeshil is on a distinguished road
I dont think anything can be perfect
this game is good, really good
Zeshil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #8
CB

I'm not saying we should all have group sex with GTA or anything.

For instance, say someone plays other sandbox games (Crackdown, Saints Row etc.) and they truly believe they're good games, which they are, but none even compare or have the same impact as GTA. Then for someone to make claims that it isn't as good as the hype, then that just gets my back up a little. Rockstar spent nearly 4 years on this and reviewers across the globe have given it perfect scores. It may not cater for everyone's tastes but it's truly a magnificent feat in gaming.

Halo 3 and GoW; top of Live tables and best selling games of their time, but now we have a new king. I had 23 friends online the other day and 19 of them were on IV. Now that alone tells me it's a hit, plus the amazing sales figures.

And just to clarify, I'm not being aggressive, just don't be quick to pass judgement until you've played enough of it to make a sound decision.
Old 05-04-2008   #9
yimpat
Registered Loser

yimpat is on a distinguished roadyimpat is on a distinguished road
I kinda c where ure comin from.it dosnt reinvent the wheel.I do feel that when houser said it was gonna b just as big a change as from 2 to 3,he over-estimated that. But its easily my favorite GTA yet. It takes what was done so well and tweaks it ever so much closer to perfection,adds a new feature here and there,coupled with amazing presentation from the voice acting to the sights and you definitely have the best GTA so far so i can kinda see that you're slightly disappointed as I presume you had "different" expectations but this game is worth every 10/10 it gets,the improvements to gameplay may just not b too obvious at first.
yimpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #10
Qontrol
Brennan heart.
Amateur Member

Qontrol is an unknown quantity at this point
Grand theft auto IV is the best serie i've played so far.

Best game of this year.

10/10 from me..
Qontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #11
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
At first I had that odd and different feeling towards it, like I do with most GTA games but now that I'm used to things I think it's great, I'm even starting to remember places on the map in the Broker and Dukes area, I definetly like it more than the San Andreas storyline, despite many people thinking the soundtrack is shit, I actually like it a lot, driving through the night in a muscle car with Phil Collins worrying laugh on the song "Mama" is just something that can't be done in other games.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #12
yimpat
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
At first I had that odd and different feeling towards it, like I do with most GTA games but now that I'm used to things I think it's great, I'm even starting to remember places on the map in the Broker and Dukes area, I definetly like it more than the San Andreas storyline, despite many people thinking the soundtrack is shit, I actually like it a lot, driving through the night in a muscle car with Phil Collins worrying laugh on the song "Mama" is just something that can't be done in other games.
I completely agree. This game in particular felt the weirdest for me on first play. This is GTA? Where are the blocky character models? Wheres the old game engine? Took a while for it to sink in that this is GTA and the best damn GTA yet. I really like the radio its pretty diverse from punk to reggae and such. I used to think that it wuld b crap without well known songs which on the radio. Then I realized how boring that wuld b. This game is great for hearing new music you wuld usually never listen to and I love the fact I havent heard most of these songs. Makes everytime I step into a vehicle a musical adventure.
Old 05-04-2008   #13
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I feel like they forgot to fine tune the basics. Like controls, the camera is so fucking annoying.

And the character is late in reactions to your controls. Its so fustrating, especially online..

Audio is quiet i think (i had to turn my tv up loads), and the graphics are still gta. But gives me a headache the blurry effect for distance.

I would say its a 8.5/9 outta 10. Just the basics wernt perfected.
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #14
yimpat
Registered Loser

i thought the graphics were great but i suppose thats just opinion.I agree that the audio was quiet but its hardly a hassle to turn it up.
Old 05-04-2008   #15
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
I'm not saying we should all have group sex with GTA or anything.

For instance, say someone plays other sandbox games (Crackdown, Saints Row etc.) and they truly believe they're good games, which they are, but none even compare or have the same impact as GTA. Then for someone to make claims that it isn't as good as the hype, then that just gets my back up a little. Rockstar spent nearly 4 years on this and reviewers across the globe have given it perfect scores. It may not cater for everyone's tastes but it's truly a magnificent feat in gaming.

Halo 3 and GoW; top of Live tables and best selling games of their time, but now we have a new king. I had 23 friends online the other day and 19 of them were on IV. Now that alone tells me it's a hit, plus the amazing sales figures.

And just to clarify, I'm not being aggressive, just don't be quick to pass judgement until you've played enough of it to make a sound decision.
I understand what you're saying, I myself have complete the game.

-This post is my oppinion and my oppinion only everyone is welcome to their own-

In my oppinion this game seems like a downgrade from san andreas, sure it's got fansy graphics and a realistic character but it took years to get san andreas to sucha high level it just seems to me like they've thrown it all away.

Don't get me wrong.. GTA IV is the most detailed game i've ever seen but it just doesnt give me that buzz that the previous titles (even the "stories") gave me

Last edited by Jaytow; 05-04-2008 at 04:11 PM..
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote