Old 05-03-2008   #1
MadBoy
Newbie Member

MadBoy can only hope to improve
So we can't play multiplayer?

Hello.

So i singed out of PSnetwork and the game stopped freezing. But now wtf does this mean? We can't play multiplayer?????? WTFFF!!! this is one of the major reason i wanted the game.. is there anythintg to do to get this fixed? Any way to contact Rockstar and will that do anything??? out of the 5 mins i got to play multiplayer.. it sucked.. so far this game sucks... i give a 1/10.

EDIT: ALSO, like said on another thread... mine still gets frozen on the loding screen... i have to reboot the ps3 several times to get it working

Please what should i do about this.. i cant play like this... do i contact ps3? rockstar? or what? i wanna return this peice of shit game

Last edited by MadBoy; 05-03-2008 at 09:45 AM..
MadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #2
Geddes
Amateur Member

Geddes is on a distinguished roadGeddes is on a distinguished roadGeddes is on a distinguished road
Search the internet for rockstars site.
Go on customer services.
Write to the relevant E-Mail address explaining the problem.
Be polite in the E-Mail. (I can see the last bit being difficult for you)

Last edited by Geddes; 05-03-2008 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: add more text
Geddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #3
ktr

ktr is on a distinguished roadktr is on a distinguished roadktr is on a distinguished road
Couldn't you resign-in to psn in the game?
ktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #4
kingcars

kingcars is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont worry, I'm sure there's gonna be a patch ASAP. This problem is way too widespread to ignore.
kingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #5
Draven
Newbie Member

Draven is an unknown quantity at this point
i started that other thread about getting stuck on the loading screen but like you i thought well now i cant play multiplayer but i signed back onto psn ingame and played mulitplayer fine and ive been playing since and no freezes or crashes
Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #6
sh4dy15
Newbie Member

sh4dy15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn dude relax. You can sign back into the playstation network INGAME from your phone when you want to play multiplayer and it works fine, i think its just a problem when your loading single player and signed into psn and its only a problem for some which im sure rockstar will fix shortly.
sh4dy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #7
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
You can try playing, and it's bound to work sometimes, but I advise playing single player till the strain decreases a bit or GameSpy improve their servers.
Old 05-03-2008   #8
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Oh the beauty of Xbox Live.

Sorry to hear you're unable to connect, must blow.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #9
BiggerThanJesus
Amazing
Newbie Member

BiggerThanJesus is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, R* hasnt got the PS3 online right from the off. At first it wouldn't connect. Then it would but would randomly disconnect for no reason. Now if you're signed in to PSN it'll freeze starting up and freeze if you try to sign-in in-game.

Wasnt missing it anyway, barely got a proper crack at it yet.

Deserved it though seeing as it all went tits-up about 5 minutes after I told me mate I was having no problems with it.
Old 05-03-2008   #10
Trumpormonkey
Drunk Roman
Newbie Member

Trumpormonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok let me explain the problem alittle better so then more people understand what the problem is and can help us.

Whats happening is that when you have an ethernet cable connected to your Playstation 3, when you load up GTA 4, it doesn't load the game and sticks on the "Loading - *Mission*" Generally, when the music stops, the playstation's not loading.

To counter it you can take out the Ethernet cable, then Single Player will work fine, then you can replug your Ethernet cable and it should automatically sign you in, then the game would freeze, even if it's a manual connect after pressing the multiplayer button on your phone.

So far I'm pretty sad that I can't even play Multiplayer.
Old 05-03-2008   #11
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Oh the beauty of Xbox Live.

Sorry to hear you're unable to connect, must blow.
lol, you think it's PSN's fault? That sure explains why when I reinstalled the data file, multiplayer began working again!
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #12
zeppelin
If This Is Hell, Well Then I'm Lucky

zeppelin is on a distinguished roadzeppelin is on a distinguished road
mines doin the same thing
Old 05-03-2008   #13
geoldr

geoldr is on a distinguished roadgeoldr is on a distinguished road
It works fine for me now. I think Rockstar was just doing some server maintenance, and messed up a bit. Social club wasnt working for me either, and the single player game connects to social club to update stats. So I figured that's why its down. Well it works now so its all good!
geoldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #14
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Theres major problems with the ps3 version of the game, the 360 version still has its problems although for some reason im actually able to connect better online now although somtimes it does freeze during loading. I think during the next couple of weeks rockstar really needs to release a patch to fix all of thes bugs because it is annoying and i understand 100% how you feel
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #15
Jonny98
Newbie Member

Jonny98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Give it a week or so a patch will come out.....but for now your going to have to live without
Jonny98 is offline   Reply With Quote