Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: fsd
Yes 15 40.54%
No 22 59.46%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2008   #1
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
How many of you are getting sub-par framerates?

Meaning less than ~30FPS (or very stuttery gameplay). I don't know if it's just my PS3, PS3 in general, or if the game is too taxing on hardware universally. Even in regular situations when walking around, there is a fair bit of slight stutter.

However, explosions, high-speed motion blur, or more than 5 cars on-screen at once are really what kills frames. The online game I was in with SB, Piggus, Lynk, and Ska was a game constantly below 30FPS. It was a rocket launcher team deathmatch in Algonquin with medium traffic.

Looking at videos on Youtube (yes Youtube), I can see a very big difference in framerates. I'm going to visit a friend soon to check out how GTA4 runs on his PS3.

It's not game-killing, but it really is bugging me. I wanna know if there are other people out there that also seem to have bad FPS, generally.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #2
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
4th day for me and no frame-rate issues with me, just the freezing glitch, but got that fixed.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #3
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
360 says nay
Old 05-03-2008   #4
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
360 is doing good, so neg.

Only lose about a quarter of the frame rate in intense action.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #5
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
So I decided to reinstall the GTA4 data file to see if that was the problem. And now I'm plagued with the freezing problem! Rockstar screwed this thing up. :/
Old 05-03-2008   #6
Petro
Hm?

Petro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura aboutPetro has a spectacular aura about
Mine is fine. I've had a couple of issues when a whole bunch of cops came all at once, apart from that, it's fine. And this is an old TV aswell. Atleast 10 years

MSN - fertro9543@hotmail.com
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #7
eichornchen
Newbie Member

eichornchen is an unknown quantity at this point
I think what you see is normal.

I have seen this game on three different systems. All systems ran the game the same as I could tell.

Frame rate issues frequently online and rare-ish in single player.

I think this poll is skewed due to different perceptions of what low fps is.

For example, a good friend of mine bragged up and down the yin yang how great his fps were in BF2 when it came out a few years ago. I went to his house and I would say he was getting 25 fps tops with obvious hitching. He loved it thought it was great while I would not even play it for a minute.
eichornchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #8
Shadow Conception

I understand what you mean and took that into account.

If you're comparing to COD4 on consoles, it's obviously sub-par. But if you're comparing to a regular 30FPS-locked game, such as UT3 or Resistance, then you'll have a much more accurate perception of what I mean by sub-par.

Anyway, even after reinstalling, FPS are still the same.
Old 05-03-2008   #9
randomhero
MMFWCL
Amateur Member

randomhero is an unknown quantity at this point
I fixed my Freezing issue with deleting the Cache of other games I dont need
randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #10
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
on my 360......

its been really good but there has been a few times where its slowed down a bit.

i found a bug where i drove a tugboat up a ramp on happyness island and the frames droped to like 5-10fps and as soon as i reversed off the ramp it went back to 30....really strange but i would call it more of a bug than anything else.

but still its VERY minor for me and doesn distract me one bit.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #11
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Mines working great. I though I have had slow downs alittle when Major stuff goes on, but only sometimes.
Old 05-04-2008   #12
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't had a single problem with my ps3 and GTAIV
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #13
R2P EnZo
Newbie Member

R2P EnZo is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think mine runs a 30fps, when I rotate the camera around, everything looks fine but it just doesn't look smooth. Its not killing the game but you can see it.
R2P EnZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #14
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
The only time I get a frame rate drop is when I am crossing bridges between islands. But thats hardly noticeable lasts no longer than 5 seconds, I only noticed it because I was looking for frame rate problems after seeing a couple of threads about it. But really, I get extremely smooth game play. No matter how many cars, how rainy it is, how many people... I still run pretty smoothly.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #15
Shadow Conception

Take this for example. Mine never runs that smooth. There's always very noticeable stutter no matter where I am, what I'm doing, etc.