Old 05-03-2008   #1
MadBoy
Newbie Member

MadBoy can only hope to improve
GTA IV BLURRY ON PS3??

hey guys,

I am playing GTA and it is so blurry it makes my eyes hurt! Like when i recieved a text message from Roman I cound;nt even read it. I went right next to the screen and it was to blurry to read. And it is also very hard to read the little notes on the top left that tells you how to use your phone, drive,.. etc. and the graphics aren't clear either. I am not using a HD tv..is this the reason why? San Andreas looks better on my TV now and I know that can't be right.
MadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #2
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
Hmmm.. im using a HD TV so i wouldn't really know with yours, my quality is perfect.

Have you tried playing around with the settings?
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #3
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
you are no dout using a big old CRT. you will never get it looking perfect but just try changing your console and game settings.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #4
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
If you are using a regular tv, that is why. I think it has something to do with the pixel count or something..idk. Anyway, my buddy has a regular tv too, and yeah, it is very hard to see the fine print and the texts. The good news is that you can get a decent HDTV for a fairly decent price now. Good luck man...
Old 05-03-2008   #5
kingcars

kingcars is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like youre using a big CRT or projection TV. My parents have a 54in projection TV that runs 1080i. Movies and TV shows look awesome on it, but games look horrible.
kingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #6
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, it's because you're using a standard TV. My parents just got a HDTV and playing GTA IV, it was an amazing difference on the eyes. They no longer hurt trying to make out that damn text in the game.

Other games I've had little problem with, but GTA IV is just absolute rape.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #7
Jakenz

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
a cost effective way to upgrade would be to get a 20-24" widescreen LCD monitor and just play your console off that. its better than paying $2000 IMO. and the quality is VERY good.

oh and thanks for the BAD rep on my post ^ above was just pointing out your problem

Old 05-03-2008   #8
raikkonen

raikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these partsraikkonen is infamous around these parts
Mine is a brand new 32" sony bravia V series, is it good?!? it's capable up to 1080p HDMI capable also.
raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #9
[KFC]-ScharK
KFC ftw

[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road
Turn flicker filter off, it helps a whole lot. It's blurry when Flicker Filter is on.

www.KFCGang.net
[KFC]-ScharK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #10
Jakenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KFC]-ScharK View Post
Turn flicker filter off, it helps a whole lot. It's blurry when Flicker Filter is on.
is that a GTA IV setting?

Old 05-03-2008   #11
greekgoat91
Liberty City Survivor Winner

greekgoat91 is on a distinguished roadgreekgoat91 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
is that a GTA IV setting?
yes, under Display
Old 05-03-2008   #12
Evi1d33d

Evi1d33d can only hope to improve
Someone was hogging the HDTV so I had to use the regular TV instead and indeed the cellphone text is almost impossible to see. I would wait a month since I heard rumors that Sony is going to cut down their HDTVs prices to get back up on top.

Kinda funny how people say PC gaming is expensive when a decent size TV would cost a lot more than a good gaming PC.
Old 05-03-2008   #13
randomhero
MMFWCL
Amateur Member

randomhero is an unknown quantity at this point
I can barely Read stuff too, But im not using a hdtv So that probably why...
randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #14
[KFC]-ScharK
KFC ftw

[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road
I have a 13 inch SDTV and I can read stuff PERFECT. The TV is about 6 years old also. Turning off the Flicker helps it's under Display but I can still read fine with it on or off...

www.KFCGang.net
[KFC]-ScharK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #15
mmafighter
Hit em' hard

mmafighter is on a distinguished roadmmafighter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgoat91 View Post
yes, under Display
Uh....i have no flicker filter. Just brightness, contrast, saturation, subtitles, radar, HUD, weopon target, gps route, handbrake cam, and language. I have the 360 version if that makes a difference.