Old 05-03-2008   #16
Draven
Newbie Member

Draven is an unknown quantity at this point
ok well after my earlier problems things are going smooth again after i did that whole auto signout i decided to try multiplayer so i signed in to psn in game and played multiplayer just fine and ive been going smooth ever since did seem kinda wired tho as like i said in my first post is just happened today.

Ive had this game since launch and today it decided to freeze just doesnt make sense

Hope all of you get your problems sorted asap
Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #17
sh4dy15
Newbie Member

sh4dy15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't read through every post so sorry if someonesaid this already but last night mine froze 3 times in a row so i went online to see if anyone else was having a problem and saw that someone said to try and turn off auto sign in to the Playstation Network as it's a problem with the game trying to connect to the servers while loading or something. I tried it and it worked I had no problems at all after that so it's def worth a try. Good Luck!

Edit: ^ shoulda read that post first haha Glad ya got it working.

Last edited by sh4dy15; 05-03-2008 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Saw that the question was already answered :)
sh4dy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #18
Lebron007
Newbie Member

Lebron007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah i just got that this morning i was pretty scared i would never be able to play again (lol) but i turned off auto sign in and it loads now. Everyone else who has this problem turn off auto sign in

Last edited by Lebron007; 05-03-2008 at 11:42 AM..
Lebron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #19
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
I'm having this problem now, too.

Edit: I restarted my PS3 and loaded the game back up... it booted into the game fine. But still, I'd rather be guaranteed that the damn game works rather than it being unreliable and randomly refusing to load.

Last edited by Shadow Conception; 05-03-2008 at 11:49 AM..
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #20
pundit

pundit is on a distinguished roadpundit is on a distinguished road
This is weird. The game never froze on me yet. I'm playing the 360 version btw.
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #21
MisterBlanco
Banned
Banned

MisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these parts
I had this problem and heres a easy solution:

Get to your game Saved Data file, select the load saved file you want and then go to options. Then click copy. You need (goddamnit what cha ma call it) two accounts... So that you can send it to the other account on your PS3.

One you sent it to the other account, go back to your ogirinal account and delete the original saved file. THEN you take the copied file again, and send it back to the original.

AND TA-DA!!! It works! This loadin freeze happend to me twice, and both time it worked.

sigh... sorry if no1 understands and i explained bad..

Last edited by MisterBlanco; 05-03-2008 at 12:21 PM..
MisterBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #22
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
Just pulling out your network cable is way easier than that. It was loading again but nothing showed up, so I pulled out the network cable and the game then appeared. I then plugged the cable back in and the game didn't freeze.
Japisee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #23
sh4dy15
Newbie Member

sh4dy15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea it just has to do with trying to connect to the internet. Im sure Rockstar will eventually release a patch soon but until then keep auto sign in off and if u decide to play multiplayer just sign in when it asks you to after you go to it on your phone and it works fine
sh4dy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #24
TheJordanJames
MUFC
Amateur Member

TheJordanJames is on a distinguished roadTheJordanJames is on a distinguished road
Mine has started doing it now. What an Absolute Joke. R* Has failed.
TheJordanJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #25
DJ Nick
Hellloooo

DJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enough
It seems like there are more and more people getting these errors, so I'm sure Rockstar won't pass this over quietly...
Old 05-03-2008   #26
Presyden
Newbie Member

Presyden is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine is messed too. Has this happened to every1 today? both the guys I play GTA with online are experiencing the same problem.
Presyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #27
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
If you guys didn't know, the game freezes because of the problems online. As GTA is always online (it sends stats to Rockstar about where you are in the game) it'll freeze-up as online has problems. Just disable the internet and you'll be fine.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #28
DJ Nick
Hellloooo

DJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enough
I've tried that Static, but it still crashes for me.
Perhaps it is trying to send information to R*, and just like before, can't connect, and crashes?
I dunno.
The drive on my PS3 isn't broken, because i watched Back to the Future today, and games are being read fine.
Old 05-03-2008   #29
Power2202-PS3
Banned
Banned

Power2202-PS3 is on a distinguished roadPower2202-PS3 is on a distinguished roadPower2202-PS3 is on a distinguished road
;; Solution

Now there is a solution actually. I bought IV on release date and it froze up a little bit sometimes. BUT !. What i did was, I used the PS button to quit the game, then i booted it back up . wouldn't load, so i used the PS Button to quit once more. I took the disk out. checked the sides of my PS3. dusted them off. checked any other initial problems. all okay. I Popped in IV. I Left PSN on. It Loaded. I Carried on with a mission, saved it. then i turned off the game. and loaded it again. it loaded. so i tried online. played for half an hour. worked fine. so i quit out. loaded again. it was All working. So If this works im glad to help.
Power2202-PS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #30
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Fucked up really :/ @ Nick

Rockstar have acknowledged the problems and they're working closely with Sony to fix the problem. They did suggest a 12-step solution but it's a long shot really as some people have said that it doesn't work.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote