Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Troubleshooting & Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2008   #1
MadBoy
Newbie Member

MadBoy can only hope to improve
Angry GTA IV FREEZING IN NEW PS3!! HELP!

Hello guys,

Today i just bought a ps3 (40gb) along with GTA IV but after playng for like 20-30 mins it keeps freezing!!!! The only way to get out of it is reboot the PS3... IDK wtf is the problem?? i heard GTAIV is getting locked up for the ps3 60gb only. Do what do i do now??? who do i contact?? is it something wrong with the ps3 or the game?? please let me know

thanks in advance
MadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #2
randomhero
MMFWCL
Amateur Member

randomhero is an unknown quantity at this point
It is Not only the 60gb... x-play was stupid enough to say it was ONLY the Ps3... i wonder why... anyway, Mine is doing that to EXCEPT it has only froze on the Multiplayer...
randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #3
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Reinstall GTA4 data file.

Mine hasn't frozen yet, but considering how bad my luck is, I'm anticipating it soon.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #4
BrittTastic
Newbie Member

BrittTastic is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine is freezing on the multiplayer too. Anyone know how to fix it (if there is a way)?
thanks
BrittTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #5
Buddah_Lova
4/29/08

Buddah_Lova is an unknown quantity at this point
sign out of psn and disable the internet connection. there will be NO MORE freezes.
Buddah_Lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #6
JacKtEk
Dirtier than the rest

JacKtEk is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, I was having problem a little bit ago, and I did exactly this.

First goto System Settings, then goto Restore PS3.. only do the "QUICK FORMAT" this is what I did atleast, let it format, reinstall GTA and it should work.. It did for me atleast. Loaded my old save data and everything! good luck!

PSN : JacKtEk - X360 : JacKtEk v2
JacKtEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #7
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Quick Format deletes everything on your PS3, so be aware of that before you decide to follow his instructions.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #8
MadBoy
Newbie Member

MadBoy can only hope to improve
thanks guys ...what is the problem tho? is it the game? because we bought it so early? will later games have this problem 2?
MadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #9
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
There's a few remedies in this thread if it's the same problem you're having...

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103532
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #10
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
Disconnecting the ethernet cable should do the trick. Close all internet connections going to the PS3, then try it again. Rumor is that R* put some sort of application in the game where, if an internet connection is available, it would first sign on to R*'s servers before loading. Due to the huge strain on the network, nobody can get past it. Disconnecting it automatically makes the game load without trying to connect to R*. This is also why this issue is found in both the 360 and the PS3, but less on the 360 since the network is better.
Old 05-03-2008   #11
sh4dy15
Newbie Member

sh4dy15 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Punisher is right. For playstation 3 you don't even have to disconnect the ethernet cable just turn off PSN auto sign in so your not connected to the internet. Mine froze like 3 times in a row last night and i saw online someone wrote that if u sign off the PSN it should go and it did for me and i had no problems. Don't know if its going to help everyone but it worked for me. Good Luck
sh4dy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #12
Jonny98
Newbie Member

Jonny98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes well its been happening to everyone with ps3... worldwide so not much u can do.. My xbox online is working perfectly.. but i feel for u ps3 guys too..
Jonny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #13
ZiggY
Newbie Member

ZiggY is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny98 View Post
Yes well its been happening to everyone with ps3... worldwide so not much u can do.. My xbox online is working perfectly.. but i feel for u ps3 guys too..
It happens on both systems..
Old 05-06-2008   #14
Q3ark
Newbie Member

Q3ark is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought they fixed this as i had been having the same problems. Only lasted about 24 hrs tho it now woks fine, even when conected to PSN.

Last edited by Q3ark; 05-06-2008 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: typo
Q3ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #15
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
R* still hasn't released a patch. My guess is, the online servers got better so even though the game still tries to connect to PSN when it's not on multiplayer, it doesn't cause the freezing as the servers have been improved.