Old 05-02-2008   #1
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Pool Shark

Ok, I suck at Pool games and this is just the same, I suck at pool and always lose, I've tried against Michelle and Roman now, anyone got any hints or who to play against to get this achievement, cause I keep getting my arse handed to me.

edit: I got the achievement after Michelle accidentally pocketed the 8-Ball, so win by default, but still if you have any tips.

Last edited by Ash_735; 05-02-2008 at 03:28 PM..
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #2
anslap
Newbie Member

anslap is an unknown quantity at this point
well, on the PS3 I find that the line it picks out for you when your shot starts only needs to be fine tuned about a third of the time. Also, to get a shot with a decent amount of power, instead of flicking the stick quickly like for bowling, you should bring the stick back, pause for about half a second after it is fully drawn back, then push forward. This will mean you will at least hit what you are after! The other thing to look at is the spin, on some shots adding spin is very useful, so experiment with different spins by moving the cue tip to different parts of the cue ball in the first part of taking a shot. Cue at bottom will produce backspin after the target ball is hit, top will make the cue ball roll forwards after hitting, and right and ball will go right etc.

Hope that this helps!
anslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #3
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Im best at pool. I got the achievement at my first try. All I do is I stans my position and it autoaims the ball for me, all I do is tip it towards the pocket a little.

EDIT: Hit corner of the ball often it helps a bit.
Old 05-02-2008   #4
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Pool was easy, but 3 strikes in a row on bowling is almost impossible.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #5
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Pool was easy, but 3 strikes in a row on bowling is almost impossible.
You said it. I think I know how to get a strike and 1-3 pins still remain after attempting the same strategy.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote