Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Music, Culture and Easter Eggs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2008   #31
Trumpormonkey
Drunk Roman
Newbie Member

Trumpormonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
I listen to Massive B Soundsystem and The Classics, The Classics has some excellent hip hop in it, and Massive B has got the Rasta horn sounds and stuff I'm used to, I listen to Jungle, Drum and Bass and Dubstep.

I listen to Fusion FM occasionally.
Trumpormonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #32
shamburglar
Newbie Member

shamburglar is an unknown quantity at this point
soundtrack good... one major gripe

I think the soundtrack really fits the mood of the game, and thats what R* was going for. I have one major gripe with it, and R* I hope you are trolling these boards... Why on earth is the Reggae station all Bob Marley? Previous GTAs have had such awesome selections of dub and reggae, being a huge dub/reggae fan I feel very slighted. WHY? I have so many fond memories of crusing around causing mayhem listening to Scientist Rids The World Of The Curse of the Vampires... and its not like it doesn't fit the mood and tone of the game.
shamburglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #33
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it goes well with the theme of the city. It wont obviously go as well as VC or SA because they can't pin point the classic of that era etc.

Primo's Classics channel could have been so much better, it sounds rushed and rubbish quality. But still its cool.

My favorite channels are Soundsystem B, Tough gong, Vibe. Some nice stuff on there, i dont really like a WHOLE channels stuff like the previous games though.

Ive noticed Beat does repeat some tracks, specially Swizz Beatz. I think its just an error.
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #34
Éste

Éste is an unknown quantity at this point
I like electrochoc. However, i find i literally will just listen to whatever is on when i'm in the car. I don't really tend to change to any particular station. I think they're all good and fit in really well.
Éste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #35
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Ash, there's a few of the original versions of SA songs on GTAIV, I've heard the one you posted, but I've also heard a couple others. A neat little touch really.
Aye, Rockstar have always done, there are a few songs on the LCS and VCS soundtracks that also have connections with each other and San Andreas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpormonkey View Post
I'm pretty sure the San Andreas version is in one of the cutscenes of Dwaynes Missions, I'm pretty sure it's the Ice Cube version because in the game
Playboy X said that he used to be a major gangsta in 1992 when he was out of jail, GTA SA was in 1993
and it was faster than the 1977 version.
San Andreas WAS set in 1992
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #36
Zeshil

Zeshil is on a distinguished roadZeshil is on a distinguished roadZeshil is on a distinguished roadZeshil is on a distinguished road
The soundtrack is somewhat dry. I understand that is favours NYC heavy hiphop type genre but none of the songs really have hooks and have that, I need to mash some face now appeal
Zeshil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #37
SimonS
Pffft.

SimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of light
Am I the only one who notices that the radio stations seem MUCH shorter? I always hear the same interviews on integrity, and songs and interviews on other stations
Old 05-06-2008   #38
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonS View Post
Am I the only one who notices that the radio stations seem MUCH shorter? I always hear the same interviews on integrity, and songs and interviews on other stations
That's the thing I don't like with the Dynamic engine, it gets confused easily and ends up repeating a lot of songs when there's actually a lot more available. For example, when playing pool, Massive B Soundsystem in the background only cycles through like 4 songs!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #39
Seahawk
Newbie Member

Seahawk is an unknown quantity at this point
It has not the best soundtrack of the gta series, but it keeps a low profile with lots of variety, i have to go with the talk stations, they never dissapoint me, even with that childish humor and LRR has some good songs.
Seahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #40
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
i mostly listen to fusion fm,the beat,and the vibe but i think all the radio stations on the game are great
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #41
grittack
L1 Grittack

grittack is on a distinguished roadgrittack is on a distinguished road
It's got an amazing soundtrack, i just wish they would've added more songs to the radio stations... but Radio Broker, LRR, and Electro Choc are in my opinion the best radio stations on the game.
grittack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #42
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
I listen to the jazz station it is a nice chill out music i just like to park up and relax. The same goes for journey i love listen to it and drive around the city. The music in gta iv is cool and i love the talk shows as well
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008   #43
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Fusion and The Journey are great mood setters for driving around the city. They happen to be my favorites.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #44
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
The radio stations are alright, they do fit in good with the city. Nice one for pointing that out about the connection with the SA song, Ash. Vice City and San Andreas had much better radio stations though imo.
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #45
geoffreyfleming

geoffreyfleming is an unknown quantity at this point
The soundtrack supervisor stated in interviews before the game was released that the songs chosen had to suit the real modern NY radio waves authentically. They had a shortlist of over 700 songs and got it down to like 220 or so in the final cut. I didn't like the radio stations when I first played but you REALLY get into some stations some real hidden gems in some of the stations at first I only listened to Liberty Rock Radio and Radio Broker but eventually I branched into Electro Choc (I hate electro music but this really got me into a whole new genre of music, Justice, Sebastian, etc), Vladivostok (even though you don't understand it its got some cracking music), K109 (filled in my Flashback/Flash FM craving with some decent disco music).

Overall you just need to branch out and listen to everything.

And I've noticed also Electro Choc always starts at the exact same point when you flick onto it. Kind of annoying. Beat 103 also does it too.
geoffreyfleming is offline   Reply With Quote