Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Music, Culture and Easter Eggs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2008   #16
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
The radio is filled with awful, awful music. I wish they had retained the custom soundtrack feature so I could turn that crap off. Most of the chat shows are not as funny as the older ones too.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #17
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe you donlt like ANYTHING on the soundtrack, and how dare you call the likes of Queen, Iggy Pop and The Who awful, you sir have no taste.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #18
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
^^ Yeah pretty much, Liberty Rock Radio is an awesome station and rivals K-DST (I mean Iggy and Axl, ftw!!).

Not to mention Jazz legends like Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Chet Baker or Dizzy Gilespie, etc. on Jazz Nation Radio.
Old 05-03-2008   #19
Retromoe
Resident Superstar
Amateur Member

Retromoe is on a distinguished roadRetromoe is on a distinguished road
soundtrack sucks to me, they could've way done better.
Old 05-03-2008   #20
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Liberty Rock Radio, the talk radio stations, san juan radio and massive b are my favourites
Old 05-03-2008   #21
sasagd
Most inactive Member

sasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DY View Post
San Juan Sounds ftfw

It has DY as the DJ
I love san juan, especially because I keep hearing the same songs it has on my radio when I drive to college

English is not my native language, so please, forgive any mistakes.
I'm Back!! (kinda)
sasagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #22
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Great soundtrack, nothing quite like speeding down the road, police in pursuit with Sick Of It All blasting out from LCHC

Radio Broker, The Journey, WKTT and PLR are amazing too

Especially the show with the judge

Edit: and Liberty Rock Radio only when Smashing Pumpkins are on.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #23
ScoobyDoo82
You can take the night off pal!

ScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enough
I wouldnt really say the music sucks, but the choice of genres is terrible. 2 hip-hop stations 3 raggae stations? Come on now instead of putting 2 hip hop and 3 raggae, they could have put 1 of each and fit more genres. I was really hoping for an oldies station and a top-40 station.

93 Cavalier RS 3.1 - 91 Tempo GL 2.3
ScoobyDoo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #24
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo82 View Post
I wouldnt really say the music sucks, but the choice of genres is terrible. 2 hip-hop stations 3 raggae stations? Come on now instead of putting 2 hip hop and 3 raggae, they could have put 1 of each and fit more genres. I was really hoping for an oldies station and a top-40 station.
top40 would be beat102.7, but maybe i'm wrong

I was hoping for some good alternative rock/metal, Radio Broker is 2 weak and LCHC is 2 strong, Liberty City rock Radio is in-between these two and its pretty good but i want some more modern music
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #25
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
There's something about listening to raggaeton, even if you don't know what there saying, it sounds cool. But Liberty Rock managed to keep some awesome music, and heck, I like all the stations.
Old 05-05-2008   #26
mrdie
Member of the Past

mrdie is on a distinguished roadmrdie is on a distinguished road
When they said they were evolving the way the radio works, I expected a damn big collection of songs and radio stations. While this wasn't met (still bigger than any other GTA), I do notice the news reports after you do missions (which are occasionally funny) although this was also in SA to a lesser extent.
mrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #27
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
I listen to Beat 102.7 a lot because it's the only one I've bothered to listen to.

But Liberty Rock gets instant respek points for Smashing Pumpkins - 1979.
Old 05-05-2008   #28
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if anyone else on here has noticed the music easter egg to San Andreas? Well, THIS song was in San Andreas, and THIS song is in GTA IV.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #29
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
Ash, there's a few of the original versions of SA songs on GTAIV, I've heard the one you posted, but I've also heard a couple others. A neat little touch really.
Old 05-05-2008   #30
Trumpormonkey
Drunk Roman
Newbie Member

Trumpormonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
I wonder if anyone else on here has noticed the music easter egg to San Andreas? Well, THIS song was in San Andreas, and THIS song is in GTA IV.
I'm pretty sure the San Andreas version is in one of the cutscenes of Dwaynes Missions, I'm pretty sure it's the Ice Cube version because in the game
Playboy X said that he used to be a major gangsta in 1992 when he was out of jail, GTA SA was in 1993
and it was faster than the 1977 version.