Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Music, Culture and Easter Eggs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2008   #1
J-Star
Two Three Four

J-Star is on a distinguished roadJ-Star is on a distinguished road
General Opinion of the Radio Stations

Is it just me or are the radio stations less prominent when compared to Vice City and San Andreas? That's not to say they're of inferior quality but they don't seem to be such a huge part, more like something to add to the ambience of the city?

Also, this may just be something to do with my console, but whenever I select Beat 107, the Jadakiss track is always playing, like the station always starts at that point in the game. It's also the same with Classic, Premo is always talking to the radio listeners about some shootings and car jackings (reminiscent of the GTA 3 line "Right now, theres a car jackin' going on outside my Window" on Game Radio) It's quite irritating because the spontinaity isn't there, like it was on Vice City and San Andreas.

I would have to say the best station is The Journey as the tracks create a certain mood when driving around or driving to a mission. I find that most of the tracks add a certain tranquility to the otherwise, mad rush of the game environment.

Also, Hey I'm Will
J-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #2
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome, Will.

Vladivostok is my favorite station at the moment.

All the other stations seem to be full of rap and I'm not a fan of rap. I like my techaz/dance sort of music. I still got to listen to the radio stations and find out which one plays the music I like. So I still have that to do, for the meantime just Vladivostok.

GTA III has my favorite soundtrack so far because of Rise FM.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #3
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I like Journey, Electrochoc, Fusion, and WKTT. Does anybody know, does Integrity not show up until you unlock Algonquin? Because I never saw it until I unlocked Algonquin today.

Also, wasn't Lazlow supposed to be back? What station is he on?
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #4
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
lazlow is on WKTT talk radio
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #5
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
The Journey is the best. Shame there's only like 8 different songs on it.

Vice City radio was, and always will be the best in my view. I was very disappointed that Flashback or Flash FM didn't return, but I guess it works well with the city.
Old 05-01-2008   #6
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
Yeah, they didnt include a Pop or "Top 40" station in the game. Wouldve been a nice touch.
Old 05-01-2008   #7
kingcars

kingcars is an unknown quantity at this point
Ummm, Lazlo is on Integrity. And yeah, I never noticed that station till i got to the 2nd main city section. Maybe I just overlooked it.

My favorite music station is Liberty Rock. Rocky Mountain Way by Joe Walsh, Remedy by The Black Crowes, Evil Woman by ELO, etc. Awesome stuff.
kingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #8
NeikoownsLC
Satan's worker of the week.

NeikoownsLC is infamous around these partsNeikoownsLC is infamous around these parts
broker pwns all.and juliette lewis is hot.
NeikoownsLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #9
redlantern

redlantern is an unknown quantity at this point
i don't really like alot of the stations just beat 102 and san juan radio
redlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #10
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
Liberty Rock is my personal favorite, but I can't say I hate any of the stations. R* really picked some top-tier music for this game.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #11
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
I love Vladivostok definitely. Each station fits the mood of the story at certain times, for example:

After you find out Michelle is a dirty rat "Evil Woman" came on the radio. I laughed and it was awesome that it happened.

At first I wasn't into it at all, but the Radio Stations are so immersive. The Radio Stations are just a part of the world, it's not like "hey look at this", it's like: "hey, this is there, it fits Liberty City, discover it at your leisure".
Old 05-02-2008   #12
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
San Juan Sounds ftfw

It has DY as the DJ
Old 05-03-2008   #13
ScoobyDoo82
You can take the night off pal!

ScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enough
I was actually VERY disappointed with this soundtrack. In my opinion it is the worst out of III, VC, and SA. There are only a select FEW songs that I do like.

93 Cavalier RS 3.1 - 91 Tempo GL 2.3
ScoobyDoo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #14
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I'm very happy with this soundtrack. It fits the city well and almost every track I don't mind hearing again and again.

It may not be Vice City's soundtrack, but it's as close as it can get without being the 80's again.

I also don't understand how anyone could have enjoyed SA's soundtrack. It only had a few tracks worth listening to and they hardly ever seemed to be on.

Edit: The only station I hate is LCHC. But you kids are into that these days...
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #15
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm actually very happy with the sound track, being open to a lot of new music I find myself listening to any station that usually comes on and my top three are Liberty Rock Radio (If you do NOT like anything at all on this station then you have terrible music taste), Radio Broker and The Journey. Well done Rockstar on creating another great soundtrack, I even find myself tuning into The Vibe every so often.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote