Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Multiplayer
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2008   #16
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
Some people don't even care about learning the basics and just skip the singleplayer and that creates the massive amount of multiplayer noobs, which is not a bad thing because noobish moments provide some good laughs every now and then. But the game came out this week... everybody's a noob i guess.
Old 05-01-2008   #17
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
We just started playing, give people time to get use to the game and controlls then they wont be "noobs"(hate that geeky word).
Old 05-01-2008   #18
dragoongt4
Newbie Member

dragoongt4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, most people know the controls alright, but well.... its just that noobs are entertaining and anoying, if one of them is your teammate, they blow ur car up to get the kills, so that tthe anoying part, the entertaining part is see them get owned by a group of people well its balanced u know.
dragoongt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #19
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it needs tweaking. Just coming from COD4 which is the nicest game to play the hud etc is so accurate.

On this GTA the camera, n the whole screen blurring when spinning around fast is quite annoying. And i guess having to pick up medipacks and armor will just take some getting used to!
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #20
Tendercrisp
Been making Mcconaughey jokes since long before...
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Of course it's gonna be like that, noobs are always assholes, they kick you for winning, etc.

This happens with all games. This is why I usually only play online with people who I know aren't cunts.

I say that in general, I haven't gotten IV yet.
Old 05-01-2008   #21
7 Day Theory
with fate guiding my every move

7 Day Theory is on a distinguished road7 Day Theory is on a distinguished road
The whole "noob" thing makes me laugh, as the game has only been out 3 or 4 days. Either way, I've seen people do some dumb things, but it happens.

In my experience playing, the only thing I can say really bothers me is when people don't stick together in Team Deathmatch. In most games I've been in, there are 2 or 3 teams who are pretty much just a band of misfits running around in all areas away from each other, then there's usually the one team that sticks together and swiss cheeses anyone who dares to get close and racks up the money.
7 Day Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #22
ARS3NAL SAVAGE
Newbie Member

ARS3NAL SAVAGE is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried it and its not bad at all, in fact there was no lag in my games at all, one thing did bother me alot though:

This guy was driving a car, someone shot his car wit an RPG the car blew up with him in it and some how he was still alive, I started shooting him as he was still in the drivers seat, then he got out and killed me in two shots while I had to reload, how on earth did he survive the explosion of the car in the first place.
ARS3NAL SAVAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #23
Stiler
Newbie Member

Stiler is an unknown quantity at this point
The game has been out three freaking days, EVERYONE is a n00b.
Stiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #24
MrMerc212
Newbie Member

MrMerc212 is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a glitch, or whatever, sometimes when your blown up and still stay alive. Also this happens in the chopper you basically have an invulnerable shell flying around.

Thier not necessarily n00bs they just don't have very good awareness. You can tell quickly who are and are not bad because of their driving abilities.
MrMerc212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #25
danhex

danhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished road
duhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoongt4 View Post
Well My first multiplayer expierence on GTa IV was pretty bad most of the time people on many game modes don't know what to do, and if I have 22 kills or something and the others 1 or 2, I get kicked... dunno if many people have this, but it is pretty anoying. Like on bomb tha base, I had 6 times where all my teammates blow themselfs up and don't know how to get cover......

Did anyone expierenced the same thing?
not to be a dick, gta came out 3 -4 days ago, what do u expect
danhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #26
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Theres a lot of "wiggers" on MP. :/
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #27
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
N00bs only spoil it because just like most online games, everyone goes for the best car or weapons and just runs round aimlessly. I want a nice stand off in the streets but no one uses the cover feature online.

RPG Deathmatch however is an absolute blast! Also fun is just melee, up close and personal beatings FTW!!

But my favourite by far is to get a group of 4 or more guys in a Private Free Roam match, get a heck load of Wanted stars and have a good old shoot out with the cops. Fun times.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #28
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Skill doesn't annoy me, people on your own team shooting yor car because you didn't pick them up in time. Gave me a flat tire the faggot.
Old 05-05-2008   #29
dragoongt4
Newbie Member

dragoongt4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Coco View Post
Skill doesn't annoy me, people on your own team shooting yor car because you didn't pick them up in time. Gave me a flat tire the faggot.
yeah, same but its pretty much better now, the noobs are ALMOST gone. so at bomb da base 2, its going pretty well now, no blowing up teammates car etc, I had one time, someone flew the chopper alone, so me and a 2 other friends threw a grenade at it, and it exploded right under the chopper, so he died
well the mission failed because he died 4 times already. it was pretty fun.

and I still hate the ready option, because most people just ready and then when there is only 5 seconds left, most of them are not ready... for some reason.. so you have to wait again..

Doing stuns in freeroam with friends is cool tough.
dragoongt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #30
Stickemup78
Stickemup
Newbie Member

Stickemup78 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've only played online a couple hours so far, I think it was freakin bad ass. Getting kicked for being too good might suck, but, at least yer good. Don't complain too much. My first time out I was mowin' people down, thanks to the singleplayer training(cover and aiming).

Just play and enjoy this lil slice of heaven we call GTA IV.
Stickemup78 is offline   Reply With Quote