Old 04-30-2008   #1
Joshstork
Newbie Member

Joshstork is an unknown quantity at this point
GTAIV broke my ps3

While playing my ps3 online with friends just messing around in free play, I pressed start to check the map and it wouldnt load it, it just froze, i could hear all the sounds of the sirens and cars but not other people with headsets. so i restarted my ps3, and now it wont read any format of discs.......
Joshstork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #2
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
Only thing to do is call Sony Support. If it's still covered by warranty, they should ship you a new/fixed unit. They do it pretty fast too.
Old 04-30-2008   #3
rean2

rean2 is on a distinguished roadrean2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshstork View Post
While playing my ps3 online with friends just messing around in free play, I pressed start to check the map and it wouldnt load it, it just froze, i could hear all the sounds of the sirens and cars but not other people with headsets. so i restarted my ps3, and now it wont read any format of discs.......
its probably ur laser...

Usually when my game freezes, i wait it out, so i don't damage my ps3. If it doesn't move for about 3mins, i restart it.
Sorry man, hope u get it fixed
rean2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #4
Joshstork
Newbie Member

i called sony but "we are unable to take this call due to an overload of consumers wishing to talk to a representative"

Im guessing they re getting a ton of problems
Old 04-30-2008   #5
Joshstork
Newbie Member

do you guys have any other suggestion to what i can do?
Old 05-01-2008   #6
geoldr

geoldr is on a distinguished roadgeoldr is on a distinguished road
I don't think its GTA's fault. Your console was broken since you got it. Now it just decided to go and break. All you can do is call Sony.
geoldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #7
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoldr View Post
I don't think its GTA's fault. Your console was broken since you got it. Now it just decided to go and break. All you can do is call Sony.
I think this is part of Microsoft's 50 Million deal with R*?

Hmmm....
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #8
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshstork View Post
Is it a PS3 60GB?
It is common for a problem like that to occur where the game freezes on a single frame on the 60 gig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_w0svQ_aCg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmMkBd-tGNY&NR=1

Do you smell burning feathers?

Last edited by Yam Trigger; 05-01-2008 at 03:10 AM..
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #9
ktr

ktr is on a distinguished roadktr is on a distinguished roadktr is on a distinguished road
Turn off the unit via the back switch, and let it sit for 15-20 mins. Then turn it back on.
ktr is offline   Reply With Quote