Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2008   #1
1stJuankPilot

1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road
How to manage Marriage and GTA IV?

Im only dating this chick and still find it hard to get in a good sitting of GTA ( a good sitting in my mind is 4-5hrs seeing as the game is new. If I were single it would easily be 24) and can only imagine how difficult it must be for someone married. I just dont think I'd ever be able to bring myself to having a wife and kids and only getting to play maybe 30mins-1hr at a time...that would kill me to the point in which I'd rather just not play and its only going to get worst as Rockstar only gets better. I guess realizing making those decisions to manage time comes with maturity, and i'm not ashamed to say that if theres one thing GTA IV has taught me that life hasnt....its that I have a long way to go until I reach maturity.

In the meantime.........."game on".
1stJuankPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #2
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
Dude, it is possible.
Given, it's hard.
But it is possible.

Remember, GTA has that 'text message restart' feature.
Marriage does not.

Or maybe it does, according to Fernando Martinez.

ChiTheDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #3
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
It's called managing your time. Sure there's no way I can have four to five hour gaming sessions (though my wife likes the GTA games just as much as I do), but it's not like you suddenly have no more free time once you're in a steady relationship.
ZCAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #4
Sharpshot

Sharpshot is on a distinguished roadSharpshot is on a distinguished road
Buy a Vibrator for your Wives/Girlfriends. Problems Solved
Sharpshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #5
1stJuankPilot

1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshot View Post
Buy a Vibrator for your Wives/Girlfriends. Problems Solved
Pondering whether or not his xbox controller fits that job description.

P.S - This wasnt a 100% serious post but is something that im sure crosses peoples minds. All Dr.Phil type replies though respected will not be taken into consideration.
1stJuankPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #6
tylerdurden04

tylerdurden04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Get her Wii fit it'll sort her out for hours women life that yoga shite
tylerdurden04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #7
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
It's called managing your time. Sure there's no way I can have four to five hour gaming sessions (though my wife likes the GTA games just as much as I do), but it's not like you suddenly have no more free time once you're in a steady relationship.
Yep!
Its just a matter of thinking of someone other than number 1 for a while each day.
Everyone else on this thread has no opinion because clearly they are not in, and probably never had a relationship with someone who isn't their mother.

TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #8
Misanthrope
Scooter Brother

Misanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBud View Post
Yep!
Its just a matter of thinking of someone other than number 1 for a while each day.
Everyone else on this thread has no opinion because clearly they are not in, and probably never had a relationship with someone who isn't their mother.
That's a bit harsh. I'm sure they were just being facetious.

Anyway, my wife HATES Grand Theft Auto, and my daughter is a toddler. As you rightly surmised, GTA has to take a back seat to anything that is a true priority. That doesn't leave much for me, but that doesn't mean never. I still get to have "me time." I just schedule my playtime for when my wife is watching TV and my daughter is asleep. It's not optimal, but it is feasible.

Despite what you may have heard, marriage is not about trading all your freedom for an oppressive yoke of matrimony. In a good marriage, you will share any sacrifices that need to be made, and still be allowed to retain your individual identity. As long as you put the requisite patience, forethought, and effort into a marriage, things like this won't be a real problem.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #9
cheatham_usmc
Cheatham
Newbie Member

cheatham_usmc is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm married, and I admit that yesterday I played for a long time, but she understood that it was knew and that I really liked it. I wont be playing like that everyday. Just have to play when you can. I play about an hour or so everday or every other day. If you have a cool wife, she wont mind if you get some gaming in. Just dont stay on there all day everyday and ignore your family.
cheatham_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote